UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz's front page on yahoo.

12/9/12 11:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jaybrone
328 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany -  Symbolically puritanical apple pie culture loves a goofball like Benson and loves hating a guy like Nate who uses certain symbols and words that they demonize as an easy means to affirm their own perceived goodness, but from my perspective, Nate is probably the more praiseworthy of the two. Phone Post

What on earth has Nate done that is more worthy of praise?

Benson came from just as tough a background. Single mom who had nothing raised him and his brother on next to nothing. He became UFC champ and has twice defended his belt. He is a positive role model in that he doesn't smoke, do drugs, drink, or act like an immature jackass dropping curse words and flipping off his opponent.. He wins and credits his team and makes a statement about how fighting doesn't matter and family and loved ones are so much more important. He is the kind of guy I would let my kids have a poster of hanging on their wall.

12/9/12 11:20 PM
Lex_o
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watching it on tv i felt cheated by FOX not showing it. Let it be what it is. As far as the article on yahoo it was explainin to a child thats the mma bad guy point your finger at him. Yahoo posts are the worst biggest dumbshits most racist fucks. The UG at least trolls come with good scewed ideas n bias facts that make a point. UG seems to have a better moral compass than the masses at yahoo SCARY.
12/9/12 11:24 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone - 
2JupitersTooMany -  Symbolically puritanical apple pie culture loves a goofball like Benson and loves hating a guy like Nate who uses certain symbols and words that they demonize as an easy means to affirm their own perceived goodness, but from my perspective, Nate is probably the more praiseworthy of the two. Phone Post

Benson came from just as tough a background. Single mom who had nothing raised him and his brother on next to nothing. He became UFC champ and has twice defended his belt. He is a positive role model in that he doesn't smoke, do drugs, drink, or act like an immature jackass dropping curse words and flipping off his opponent.. He wins and credits his team and makes a statement about how fighting doesn't matter and family and loved ones are so much more important. He is the kind of guy I would let my kids have a poster of hanging on their wall.

My opinion about people in general, according to my personal heirarchy of personality traits I think make a genuine person, but I don't know either of them personally.
12/10/12 12:17 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's difficult hearing a guy like Benson holding himself out as a messiah figure, just my opinion. Nate's rough around the edges but he's 100% real, and he'd never give a life lesson lecture after a victory like he's some 20-something gristled veteran of life.
12/10/12 12:38 AM
clonditdry

I just think it's funny that there is cussing on network TV, sex innuendos and scenes (ever watch Two and a Half Men?) and they can show fighting etc but they can't show someone putting up a middle finger? LOL.
12/10/12 12:40 AM
Size

Your Yahoo front page results are influenced by your browsing history.
12/10/12 9:45 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone - 

*applause* Voted up.

12/10/12 10:23 PM
2JupitersTooMany

I understand the Benson love, forgive me. Just my personal preference in humans which probably seems backwards. Phone Post
12/10/12 10:32 PM
2JupitersTooMany

Time to step away from the keyboard while the biorhythms sort themselves out again. Phone Post
12/10/12 10:34 PM
sitchpack

Jaybrone -

Im sorry but who cares what your kid hangs on his wall. I just want to see awesome fights. Isnt MMA age restricted to 18 btw? Phone Post
12/10/12 10:52 PM
Wade Garrett

"You can watch one man beat another into a living death, but how dare someone flip the bird."
Paraphrased from several posts.

Really guys? After all the years of trying to educate folks that MMA is not just a barroom brawl between meat heads, talking up the athleticism and the camraderie of the sport, this is the argument we are making right now?

I like watching Nick and Nate fight. Key word, FIGHT. If I wanted to someone see mean mugging and bird flipping in the middle of the ring, I'd put in my Stone Cold Steve Austin DVDs, he was much more entertaining at it than Nick and Nate.
12/11/12 7:37 AM
sitchpack

Wade Garrett - "You can watch one man beat another into a living death, but how dare someone flip the bird."

Really guys? After all the years of trying to educate folks that MMA is not just a barroom brawl between meat heads, talking up the athleticism and the camraderie of the sport, this is the argument we are making right now?

I like watching Nick and Nate fight. Key word, FIGHT. If I wanted to someone see mean mugging and bird flipping in the middle of the ring, I'd put in my Stone Cold Steve Austin DVDs, he was much more entertaining at it than Nick and Nate.
Nobody implied beating anyone to death as you have.ridiculously posted. MMA fighters will kick, punch, elbow to the face to open up cuts, guys like mir break arms, palhares tearing dudes knees up, and you think this isnt violent or makes it less of a fight.

Maybe you should go and actually do some real training, you know go outside and lose the jiggling potbelly from years of hitting up bars with a tapout tee, telling fat girls that you trane UFC.

You are a joke. Phone Post
12/11/12 7:39 AM
Akston
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His toddler antics are great for the sport Phone Post
12/11/12 8:46 AM
6ULDV8

303 - Wow, you can't throw up the finger on national TV. Go figure. I am a fan of the Diaz brothers but some of you guys who ride their respective jocks are a joke. Despite how much you love them fact is you, me, the Diaz brothers, or Barack Obama cannot be shown on national TV flipping the bird. Get over it.

Pierre Trudeau would like a word with you son.

12/11/12 6:39 PM
Wade Garrett

MMA is a COMBAT SPORT, not a fight.
It is no more inherently violent than judo or boxing...for that matter, American football and rugby both have higher rates of injury than mixed martial arts but few judoka or rugby players portray their sport as a "fight".

The MMA fighters who do try to play the "this is a violent fight for real homie!" card tend to come off looking ridiculous, BJ "I will fight George St. Pierre to the death" Penn and Nick "209! No double legs on the mean streets of Stockton!" Diaz being wonderful examples of this.

12/11/12 6:47 PM
SickEyeDiaz
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sitchpack - 
Wade Garrett - "You can watch one man beat another into a living death, but how dare someone flip the bird."

Nobody implied beating anyone to death as you have.ridiculously posted. MMA fighters will kick, punch, elbow to the face to open up cuts, guys like mir break arms, palhares tearing dudes knees up, and you think this isnt violent or makes it less of a fight.

Maybe you should go and actually do some real training, you know go outside and lose the jiggling potbelly from years of hitting up bars with a tapout tee, telling fat girls that you trane UFC.

You are a joke. Phone Post

LOL

12/11/12 7:19 PM
time traveling 12er
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are rules for network TV. Flipping the bird is against the rules. Cable has completely different rules and are pretty much self governed, but broadcast tv is pretty strict. They can hand out huge fines to Fox for broadcasting cursing or middle fingers. It's not something trivial and it was insanely stupid for Nate to do.
12/11/12 7:52 PM
Wade Garrett

Gobulcoque - Of course your retarded God fearing nation would love Benson and hate Diaz and make a big deal out of a finger. A country that isn't full of prudes who still believe in fairy tales would see no reason to even mention this.

Or maybe we like Bendo because he's a winner. And Americans love a winner. If you ain't first, you're last. Guess what that makes Nate?
12/11/12 8:05 PM
UGCTT_TS
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like nobody expect him to flip the bird before the broadcast, it's his persona and what makes him awesome. 

12/11/12 8:28 PM
Wade Garrett

"Nate can do anything he wants"

Except defend against jabs to the thigh, apparently.

No one has explained why it's wrong to want to see fighters fight instead of posturing, I had the same problem with Rory trying out the Electric Boogaloo in the BJ fight. If I had wanted to see two men have a pose off, I'd put Zoolander in the video player.
12/11/12 8:37 PM
UGCTT croy_00
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sigh. Why is it so popular to hate MMA? Especially when most haters have no clue what they are talking about.

Had some asshole at my place for UFC 154 that said Kampmann was a pussy and he could take that shot, and that the ground game was for queers. I promptly showed him my collection of GI's and told him where I train and offered him to come on down. My friend promised not to bring him over for a PPV ever again :-P Phone Post
12/11/12 9:36 PM
SickEyeDiaz
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wade Garrett - "Nate can do anything he wants"

Except defend against jabs to the thigh, apparently.

No one has explained why it's wrong to want to see fighters fight instead of posturing, I had the same problem with Rory trying out the Electric Boogaloo in the BJ fight. If I had wanted to see two men have a pose off, I'd put Zoolander in the video player.

I like to see fighters. I hate the Diaz Bros. DERP!

Go watch Roadhouse and jack off or something.

12/11/12 9:48 PM
Wade Garrett

You can insult my hygiene.
You can say that I'm a fat boy who doesn't train.
But when you insult the Best Movie Ever Made, you sir have gone too far.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with the Diaz Bros FIGHTING.
I could happily live the rest of my life never seeing the Diaz bros GIVING AN INTERVIEW, but that's a different story.

However when you have to resort to middle fingers and saying mean things about the other guy's momma because it's the only way you can think of to deal at least some damage to the other guy? Not classy, esse.
12/11/12 9:55 PM
SickEyeDiaz

I done tangled with the Diaz Bros...big mistake Dalton.

12/11/12 10:31 PM
Wade Garrett

You need to rewatch the movie. In fact, everyone reading this thread should go watch Road House again right now. I'll wait till you all get back.

Now that we have all been reminded why the 80s were the greatest decade, I'll continue my argument.

In Sam Elliott's introductions, he destroys Terry Funk's knee with a side kick and tells the crippled former NWA Champion, "Hurts like a son of a bitch, doesn't it?"

Watching the Condit and Henderson fights shows that both Nick and Nate have problems defending against kicks to their legs. Right leg Nick, left leg Nate, neither one will ever walk again.

They may be hot stuff in Stockton, but they're no match for the best cooler in the business.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.