UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana lectures the UG (M&G pics, lots of pics)...

12/11/12 10:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the geek
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -
Leghound - 
octowussy - Aye, not a looker in the bunch.

Jenny Friedman was the closest thing to a hooker we had

Oh, come on. She's just a huge fan. She couldn't have been that bad... was she?

Cindy

I wouldn't say she was bad, but she sure was excited to see Dana haha.
Think teenage girl meets Justin Bieber, but hey, who wasn't excited to meet Dana in the UFC cage :) Phone Post
12/11/12 10:36 AM
the geek
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm hoping for more stories to make their way onto this thread. Here's one question that I remember and was glad was asked. Someone asked if fighters get a new belt every championship fight or do they keep putting the belt the fighter already has around their waist every championship win. Dana stated that there's no hard and fast rule, it's 50/50. Essentially if the fighter wants a new belt they'll give hem one. For example Dana said that Silva told Dana that he wanted a new belt when he beats Chael and Dana said "am I going to fucking say no? We got him a new fucking belt".

It was sooo cool to hear all the questions and his answer in person, I just wish my memory didn't have the retention of a goldfish. Phone Post
12/11/12 10:56 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2672 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What an epic day/weekend... I am a little Dissapoint that no one challenged Dana to a Dance off in the cage...lol... Super stoked for all of you, pretty killer fucking experience!!! Hope I can make it to one.

Dana hooking Frank n Wendy up VIP is the coolest thing ever!

ALSO... Really no Creepy shirts in the crowd? I am very very disappoint! Phone Post
12/11/12 10:59 AM
Narcolepsy
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish I was recording it, I was sitting right in front of him.

I think the gem of the night was at the very end, someone asked if there will be a UFC Hall of Fame in Vegas, and he said they're basically turning the TUF house into the UFC Hall of Fame. He told us we should all come visit it, and we should bug CindyO to get it done with a tour. My friend then insisted we all just walk right through the doors, they're easy enough to break.
12/11/12 10:59 AM
Narcolepsy
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero -  What an epic day/weekend... I am a little Dissapoint that no one challenged Dana to a Dance off in the cage...lol... Super stoked for all of you, pretty killer fucking experience!!! Hope I can make it to one.

ALSO... Really no Creepy shirts in the crowd? I am very very disappoint! Phone Post

Mine was dirty :-(
12/11/12 11:02 AM
Narcolepsy

There's my fat ass in #7, in my Mazza Douche shirt. It's now got a DFW signature on it with a nice little message pointed at Steve. Still hoping I get that iPhone pic his assistant took!
12/11/12 11:46 AM
chaplinshouse
774 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek -  I'm hoping for more stories to make their way onto this thread. Here's one question that I remember and was glad was asked. Someone asked if fighters get a new belt every championship fight or do they keep putting the belt the fighter already has around their waist every championship win. Dana stated that there's no hard and fast rule, it's 50/50. Essentially if the fighter wants a new belt they'll give hem one. For example Dana said that Silva told Dana that he wanted a new belt when he beats Chael and Dana said "am I going to fucking say no? We got him a new fucking belt".

It was sooo cool to hear all the questions and his answer in person, I just wish my memory didn't have the retention of a goldfish. Phone Post

if i'm a run the table champ, i would request one each fight.  that way i could pass them out to friends and family.  seems fair, probably costs the ufc 500 bucks per belt, and most champs generate millions

next time take a micro recorder. i recommend the ls-10.  super tiny and records 24/96.  or in a pinch use a recording app on your cell phone.

12/11/12 11:53 AM
AgentOfAnarchy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell -
Matt Phillips - 
the geek - 
Krs10KO.com -  That's pretty awesome! So how many UGers went? Phone Post

Aprox. 130 I'm guessing.

I think the rough estimate was 140. There were a few last minute people.

Good turnout. We had 7 in Montreal.

I missed it in Montréal because I didn't check my e-mail. Was @ the weigh ins at New City Gas and got back to the hotel. Checked e-mail and saw that I'd missed it. Quickly curled into the fetal position to cry...Fucking devastated. Phone Post
12/11/12 12:21 PM
the geek

chaplinshouse -
the geek -  I'm hoping for more stories to make their way onto this thread. Here's one question that I remember and was glad was asked. Someone asked if fighters get a new belt every championship fight or do they keep putting the belt the fighter already has around their waist every championship win. Dana stated that there's no hard and fast rule, it's 50/50. Essentially if the fighter wants a new belt they'll give hem one. For example Dana said that Silva told Dana that he wanted a new belt when he beats Chael and Dana said "am I going to fucking say no? We got him a new fucking belt".

if i'm a run the table champ, i would request one each fight.  that way i could pass them out to friends and family.  seems fair, probably costs the ufc 500 bucks per belt, and most champs generate millions

next time take a micro recorder. i recommend the ls-10.  super tiny and records 24/96.  or in a pinch use a recording app on your cell phone.

Oh I'm sure they cost wayyyy more then $500. The fake ones they sell with shirts and stuff cost $400 so I'm sure the real belt is at least $5000. Phone Post
12/11/12 12:24 PM
chaplinshouse
774 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah i pulled the number out my ass considering the fake ones are 400 and thinking the ufc gets a special deal on them.  but you're probably right.  even still, they come out way ahead when we're talkin champs!

12/11/12 12:25 PM
the geek

chaplinshouse -

yeah i pulled the number out my ass considering the fake ones are 400 and thinking the ufc gets a special deal on them.  but you're probably right.  even still, they come out way ahead when we're talkin champs!

For sure dude. Phone Post
12/11/12 12:31 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero - What an epic day/weekend... I am a little Dissapoint that no one challenged Dana to a Dance off in the cage...lol... Super stoked for all of you, pretty killer fucking experience!!! Hope I can make it to one.

You must look at pics again my friend. Green name here "wrecker" wore his. I think its a pic with leghound and big ep. Phone Post
12/11/12 12:37 PM
JoeMimic
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek -
CindyO -
Leghound - 

Cindy

Think teenage girl meets Justin Bieber, but hey, who wasn't excited to meet Dana in the UFC cage :) Phone Post
I don't know grabbing the dude's junk was a little over the top for me. Phone Post
12/11/12 1:08 PM
chaplinshouse

the geek - 
Leghound - 
Quik -  Hey geek :) on the first page pics did u use a flash with your 50? If not, what iso & fstop did u use? Phone Post

Can't speak for what geek was using (though looks like no flash based on the reflections from Dana's head/shadows on his jacket on the non-cage pics and how the shadows are falling in the cage pics) on but can say the light in the cage was insane, seemed like damn perfect light from all angles

Man, I wish I used different setting with that lighting in the cage. I was still using a 1.8 aperture for half the pics, but that was giving me to narrow a focus point. I upped it to 2.8 and that improved my focusing but I should have one with 4 or so. Oh well, live and learn.

still came out great for being shot wide open under intense light.  i've wrecked some vital shots in daylight going for crazy DOF and spacing out on excess light while forgetting a higher iso / filters. 

say u didn't happen to take one shot of just the in cage with no one posing did u? that would be gold for green screen video work

12/11/12 1:37 PM
the geek

chaplinshouse -
the geek - 
Leghound - 
Quik -  Hey geek :) on the first page pics did u use a flash with your 50? If not, what iso & fstop did u use? Phone Post

Can't speak for what geek was using (though looks like no flash based on the reflections from Dana's head/shadows on his jacket on the non-cage pics and how the shadows are falling in the cage pics) on but can say the light in the cage was insane, seemed like damn perfect light from all angles

Man, I wish I used different setting with that lighting in the cage. I was still using a 1.8 aperture for half the pics, but that was giving me to narrow a focus point. I upped it to 2.8 and that improved my focusing but I should have one with 4 or so. Oh well, live and learn.

still came out great for being shot wide open under intense light.  i've wrecked some vital shots in daylight going for crazy DOF and spacing out on excess light while forgetting a higher iso / filters. 

say u didn't happen to take one shot of just the in cage with no one posing did u? that would be gold for green screen video work

I'll take a look for you bud. Phone Post
12/11/12 1:37 PM
the geek

JoeMimic -
the geek -
CindyO -
Leghound - 

Cindy

I don't know grabbing the dude's junk was a little over the top for me. Phone Post
That's a standard greeting in Canada ;-) Phone Post
12/11/12 1:41 PM
Kuroi Kaze
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 
Kuroi Kaze -

I'm the guy who asked Dana bout knees on the ground and transparency in the future of MMA.

Yeah, i liked these knees question. I think his answer was that he likes them but if they we're in place the UFC wouldn't be where it is now. They had to put in regulations to appease the regulatory boards, they look brutal to the unqualified spectator/viewer.

Does that sound accurate in regards to his answer? Phone Post

yeah that's largely the intent.  the most important thing he said to me was "If I were in charge they'd be back in a heartbeat." and also " Are you kidding me?  When guys do that touch the ground with their finger shit, trust me, I'm going fucking nuts.  Fuck that shit."

Dana is a real fight fan and I really appreciated a lot of his comments.

also if there are any pics of the guy in the pride hat (me) I'll be happy to have them!

12/11/12 1:47 PM
DiscipleDojo
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder
the geek - 
JoeMimic -
the geek -
CindyO -
Leghound - 

Cindy

ZING! haha

But seriously, imagine the immediate trip to the slammer if some fanboy grabbed Shannon Knapp's boobs at an Invicta show... 

12/11/12 1:50 PM
Leghound
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
Leghound - 

Cindy

Nah, she wasn't that bad...BUT I can only imagine how she was once she had a few drinks in her and a pro fighter or two around...
12/11/12 2:30 PM
lookoutawhale
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great photos the geek. Those looks professional as hell!

12/11/12 2:53 PM
the geek

lookoutawhale -

I would give you a hug if I could good sir. Phone Post
12/11/12 3:00 PM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiscipleDojo - 
the geek - 
JoeMimic -
the geek -
CindyO -
Leghound - 

Cindy

ZING! haha

But seriously, imagine the immediate trip to the slammer if some fanboy grabbed Shannon Knapp's boobs at an Invicta show... 

Ha! They would need the police to save them! That girl can more than handle herself. Ask Rampage;) She slammed his ass in the gym one day simply because he didn't think she could! lol

Cindy

12/11/12 3:05 PM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest -

Well, that's about what I would expect a group of UGers to look like

Awesome? Phone Post
12/11/12 3:11 PM
lookoutawhale
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 
lookoutawhale -

I would give you a hug if I could good sir. Phone Post

http://i50.tinypic.com/11ictc0.gif

12/11/12 3:13 PM
RickStorm
1825 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
LilBrockonmychest - 

Well, that's about what I would expect a group of UGers to look like

You should of seen us drunk.. We were taller and way better looking  lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.