UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana lectures the UG (M&G pics, lots of pics)...

12/10/12 6:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/10/12 6:28 PM
The pics are great geek. I like prime lenses, I swear even cheap ones create magic. My 50/1.8 is just as sharp as my 50/1.4, but obviously not as fast. What's your site's URL, can't quite read the watermark?
12/10/12 7:01 PM
Kuroi Kaze
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm the guy who asked Dana bout knees on the ground and transparency in the future of MMA.

12/10/12 7:18 PM
the geek
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leghound - The pics are great geek. I like prime lenses, I swear even cheap ones create magic. My 50/1.8 is just as sharp as my 50/1.4, but obviously not as fast. What's your site's URL, can't quite read the watermark?
I agree bud, I also have a 50mm 1.8 D which kicks ass and I got it for $50. My 35mm was around $250 I think, still dirt cheap for a lens.

I'll send you a link when I get home bro. Phone Post
12/10/12 7:21 PM
the geek
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kuroi Kaze -

I'm the guy who asked Dana bout knees on the ground and transparency in the future of MMA.

Yeah, i liked these knees question. I think his answer was that he likes them but if they we're in place the UFC wouldn't be where it is now. They had to put in regulations to appease the regulatory boards, they look brutal to the unqualified spectator/viewer.

Does that sound accurate in regards to his answer? Phone Post
12/10/12 7:32 PM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish I could've made it Friday. I wanted to ask Dana about Fight for the Troops events & why we haven't had one in a while. I would love to have one in my town, due to the air force base & we have a great venue for it at the CenturyLink Center. Phone Post
12/10/12 7:33 PM
the geek

DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes - I wish I could've made it Friday. I wanted to ask Dana about Fight for the Troops events & why we haven't had one in a while. I would love to have one in my town, due to the air force base & we have a great venue for it at the CenturyLink Center. Phone Post
Dang, that is a good question. Phone Post
12/10/12 7:42 PM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I might hit Cindy or Saucy up & maybe we can get some kind of answer. They have some vets and active military on the roster. Those cards were always small with 7-8 fights at smaller arenas...I think it would be good to reach out to those areas that don't have huge sports arenas to attract ppv events. Phone Post
12/10/12 8:05 PM
the geek

RickStorm -
the geek - 
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes - She's Anthony Bourdains wife..she's a fight fan and I believe a purple(?) belt in jj.

I can't remember if she was there when u were geek? I think so, they were on that middle couch. Nit a bad picture for a phone :-) Phone Post
Damn, if she was there please don't tell my wife, the fact that I didn't get a photo can't end well for me hahaha. Phone Post

What happens in Seattle, stays in Seattle.... Unless we got pics for the UG =)

Haha, I knew I could count on you Rick! Phone Post
12/10/12 9:56 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow saucy thank you and nice to see everyone had a great time.

As disciple said the Bourdain family has gone above and beyond for me and my family. Very generous and very genuine. Phone Post
12/10/12 9:57 PM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes

What were some of the things the UFC sent? If you dont mind. Phone Post
12/10/12 10:04 PM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes

CREamed_by_DongJ - When the UG went to Boston I stayed in the same room as OMA.
Should I be impressed by that or sad for you? :-) Phone Post
12/10/12 10:06 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes - What were some of the things the UFC sent? If you dont mind. Phone Post
Sent me shirts, real nice sweatshirt, black fitted hat and beanie, UFC warm-up suit, UFC ultimate 2012 limited edition box set 20 discs over 200 fights, grey UFC gym bag, Dana personalized signed picture and UFC gloves signed by Dana and matt hughes. Might be missing stuff maybe not but was like Christmas morning. Phone Post
12/10/12 10:08 PM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes

Hell yeah man! That's a haul right there. Phone Post
12/10/12 11:24 PM
DiscipleDojo
622 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder

Frank, I'm gonna try to see if I can do a Dana portrait and get it to him to sign (if some of my fellow UGers with connections can help) and then auction it off like I did with Renzo's to get some more cash flowing your way. Geek's gonna get me a couple of good Dana pics from the weekend and hopefully by mid-January we can get some buzz going and bring in a little $, especially if Dana tweets about it.

Keep fighting, man. We're fighting alongside you!

12/10/12 11:27 PM
BENDOver 209 Top Team #1
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CREamed_by_DongJ - 
UGCTT_NKTKDace - 
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes - What were some of the things the UFC sent? If you dont mind. Phone Post
Sent me shirts, real nice sweatshirt, black fitted hat and beanie, UFC warm-up suit, UFC ultimate 2012 limited edition box set 20 discs over 200 fights, grey UFC gym bag, Dana personalized signed picture and UFC gloves signed by Dana and matt hughes. Might be missing stuff maybe not but was like Christmas morning. Phone Post

the UFC is a great company

Yeah man.. I got sent a huge gift box very similar... You won't hear me bad mouth the UFC much any more these days.. lol  I've been bought

12/10/12 11:29 PM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes

BENDOver 209 Top Team #1 -
CREamed_by_DongJ - 
UGCTT_NKTKDace - 

Yeah man.. I got sent a huge gift box very similar... You won't hear me bad mouth the UFC much any more these days.. lol  I've been bought

What did they send it to you for? Phone Post
12/10/12 11:32 PM
the geek

BENDOver 209 Top Team #1 - 
CREamed_by_DongJ - 
UGCTT_NKTKDace - 

Damn, who'd you lose a screen name bet with brother?
12/10/12 11:41 PM
the geek

Updated the first page with some cage pics.

12/10/12 11:44 PM
JoeMimic
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek -

Great pics :-) #1 is the best though ;-) Phone Post
12/10/12 11:45 PM
chaplinshouse
716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in cage:  wow, dana looks like he's enjoying himself more than the fans. 

12/10/12 11:46 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

G

E

E

K

12/10/12 11:51 PM
JoeMimic
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse -

in cage:  wow, dana looks like he's enjoying himself more than the fans. 

He was awesome, personable, and you could tell he really wanted to be there and was having a good time with all of us nuts. Phone Post
12/10/12 11:52 PM
rummy
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 

Way to go man!  It's really cool that you went out of your way to take and then process the pictures so everyone could have a reminder of their experience.  

Voted up!

12/11/12 12:06 AM
the geek

Added a B&W to the first post.

Sorry folks, Im spent, I'll start emailing people tomorrow.

Cheers
12/11/12 12:06 AM
the geek

rummy - 
the geek - 

Way to go man!  It's really cool that you went out of your way to take and then process the pictures so everyone could have a reminder of their experience.  

Voted up!

thanks rummy, I did get a fun pic of you at the event from my phone. I'll post it tomorrow bro.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.