UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MacDonald: Love me or hate me, I fight for myself

12/9/12 11:00 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“It doesn’t matter, I don’t fight for them,” MacDonald said about the crowd and fans. “People can love me or hate me, I fight for myself and because I love it. It is what it is.”

It may not make him a fan favorite by saying what he’s saying, but Rory MacDonald is just being himself, and if that attracts people to love him, great. If not, he’s not losing any sleep over it.

“I don’t care, as long as I fight well and I think I did. If they don’t like me, I can’t do anything about it. I’m just going to be me,” said MacDonald.

read entire article...

12/9/12 11:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
suess
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck yeah!

12/9/12 11:05 PM
Alistair Overstream
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory "Ivan Drago" Macdonald?
12/9/12 11:07 PM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/rbLlCxK0pHY
12/9/12 11:08 PM
dubate
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always love hearing about fighters who don't care about the fans and only fight for themselves yet they manage to still have a public twitter account. Bitch stop lying and acting like you don't care, just say it bothers you but you understand why BJ has so many fans due to his years of bringing it whenever he stepped into the Octagon/ring and that one day these people booing me now will be cheering me on. Phone Post
12/9/12 11:15 PM
KingGo
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am I the only one who thinks rorys slowing losing it? I see this playing out exactly like the plot to thor, with rory as loki and gsp as the thunder god himself Phone Post
12/9/12 11:30 PM
Haulport
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory comes off extremely angry. Like he needs to talk to someone angry.

12/9/12 11:31 PM
Entreri

Rory is a wrecking machine!
12/9/12 11:47 PM
Brock Lobster
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingGo - Am I the only one who thinks rorys slowing losing it? I see this playing out exactly like the plot to thor, with rory as loki and gsp as the thunder god himself Phone Post
Lololololol Phone Post
12/10/12 12:59 AM
ender852
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he definitely looked upset when the crowd booed so loud you couldn't hear him talk post fight

12/10/12 1:01 AM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory is from British Columbia. He is used to that kind of a warm welcome from the folks in Seattle.

Old news.
12/10/12 1:07 AM
dbon

I hope this guy never cracks b/c he comes off as a serial killer.
12/10/12 1:11 AM
stack321style
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 

Rory comes off extremely angry. Like he needs to talk to someone angry.

I definately agree with this one

cold cold man
12/10/12 1:13 AM
Matt Phillips
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to like Rory, but I am finding it difficult.

12/10/12 1:15 AM
haterade

stone cold killa

dude is holding some serious resentment
12/10/12 1:21 AM
joe k
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With that smooth suit style and always groomed hair, he comes off like a narcissistic psycho.

Scary eyes lol
12/10/12 1:27 AM
GSP24

I remember when Tim Sylvia used to say things like this. Phone Post
12/10/12 1:37 AM
Seats Taken
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory is going to peak at the right time and something's going to change his mind about fighting GSP. That angry awkward bastard will end up being the WW champion if they don't find the bodies buried in the basement first. Phone Post
12/10/12 1:43 AM
MMA6053
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All I saw was just another fighter trying to work the really bad boy edgey imagine whilst desperately trying to show he didnt really care for the crowds reaction when clearly he did. Exceptional talent sure but still comes across as a tool.
12/10/12 1:50 AM
TheHebrewHammer
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looked like somebody peed in his cereals that day
12/10/12 1:56 AM
tbi0904
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

(Best Dave Chappelle as Rick James voice) "cold blooded!!!" Whether his haters want to admit it or not Rory is a big problem for any welter in mma right now.
12/10/12 7:04 AM
CaptChaos

I don't agree with " I can't do anything about it." He can totally do something about t. How about smiling once in a while and being nice. He's very unlikable and he's going down the same road as JBJ IMO. The fans pay your salary ding dong. He's got skills but what a tool!
12/10/12 7:35 AM
Coranamo

CaptChaos - I don't agree with " I can't do anything about it." He can totally do something about t. How about smiling once in a while and being nice. He's very unlikable and he's going down the same road as JBJ IMO. The fans pay your salary ding dong. He's got skills but what a tool!

i attribute the non-smiling to social anxiety/depression. he's probably had it and been this way all his life. earlier in his career he was a bit more unintentionally awkward in interviews, but i think as of late he's realizing and growing into his own personality. gotta applaud that.
12/10/12 7:39 AM
Megatherium

Edited: 12/10/12 7:41 AM
Is Rory the most psychoanalyzed fighter in UG history?
12/10/12 7:55 AM
Megatherium

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Megatherium - Is Rory the most psychoanylized fighter in UG history?
Diaz was, but currently, yeah it's Rory Phone Post

High-functioning autism or Aspergers seem to be carrying the day but 2Jupiters makes a compelling case for mild schizophrenia perhaps with a narcissistic dimension.

I personally just find him to be Canadian.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.