UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MacDonald: Love me or hate me, I fight for myself

12/10/12 8:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AK-BJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I don't care" = "I care but have no idea what I'm doing wrong and that's why it looks like I'm gonna cry."

lol this guy has been wanting to be liked his whole life so he thought he'd become this famous tough guy. It worked for a little while but he couldn't stop the weird unlikable person that he is from pouring outta him.

Or it's Canadianism I guess...
12/10/12 8:15 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megatherium - Not that Canadianism is any laughing matter.

Of course it is a serious handicap, but I for one have overcome it.

I am a survivor if nothing else.

Lol @Canadianism.
12/10/12 8:17 AM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with him. You cant step into a fight worrying about the crowd's reaction. You go in, put forth your best effort and hopefully it results in a victory. Remember, not too long ago fans were booing Anderson Silva.

Rory is a stud. I could easily see him moving up to MW over time and being a contender there. He is already a top 5 WW.
12/10/12 8:19 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Megatherium - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 
Megatherium - Is Rory the most psychoanylized fighter in UG history?
Diaz was, but currently, yeah it's Rory Phone Post

High-functioning autism or Aspergers seem to be carrying the day but 2Jupiters makes a compelling case for mild schizophrenia perhaps with a narcissistic dimension.

I personally just find him to be Canadian.

lol

he has a vicious case of the nerd, thats it, he is a freaking nerd

not the good smart type, the social retard type

12/10/12 8:20 AM
BLACKBUDDAH

Gorey Rory Macdonald Phone Post
12/10/12 8:33 AM
Big Pookie
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Megatherium - Not that Canadianism is any laughing matter.

Symptoms of Canadianism: adding 'ey' to the end of every phrase (question or not), having an inexplicable love for the game of hockey, and going out of your way to tell people that you're NOT American when traveling abroad. Has Rory displayed all of these? Phone Post

I don't think so man. He's also supposed to be polite, but that clearly wasn't the case on Saturday.

12/10/12 8:33 AM
Megatherium
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AK-BJJ - "I don't care" = "I care but have no idea what I'm doing wrong and that's why it looks like I'm gonna cry."

lol this guy has been wanting to be liked his whole life so he thought he'd become this famous tough guy. It worked for a little while but he couldn't stop the weird unlikable person that he is from pouring outta him.

Have you ever heard the way we talk. Can you imagine the devastating effect going through life sounding like that has on a man`s psyche. Not to mention the demoralizing prospect of seeing and hearing everything in French when you yourself speak a weird form of English!

And the metric system. The government forced it on us wee English folk just because they hate us so. You have no idea what it is like brother, believe me.
12/10/12 8:34 AM
Dazednconfused
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory's a killer Phone Post
12/10/12 8:38 AM
BuddyRevell
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for Rory. I prefer his attitude to guys who try to pander to fans and pretend to be golden boys like Jon Jones has done in the past. 

12/10/12 8:43 AM
Megatherium
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Megatherium - Not that Canadianism is any laughing matter.

Symptoms of Canadianism: adding 'ey' to the end of every phrase (question or not), having an inexplicable love for the game of hockey, and going out of your way to tell people that you're NOT American when traveling abroad. Has Rory displayed all of these? Phone Post

Yes and kind of you for not mentioning the having sex with wild animals part.

Hardest part of Canadianism to beat for a lot of us.
12/10/12 9:11 AM
sacredhate
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's just doing the canadian version of what the Diaz brothers routine.

for some reason the fact that he dresses hipster and doesn't cuss as much makes this approach less fan friendly than the Diaz brothers vulgar way of saying the exact same things.
12/10/12 9:17 AM
lgi

Rory can't win. If he tries to smile, fans will say he's a fake. He's keeping it real now, and they're telling him to smile more often, lol.

Want to get hated in this business? Beat a legend. Jones and Rory were real, humble, before beating old school legends.
12/10/12 9:18 AM
AK-BJJ

nick diaz nut hugger - 
AK-BJJ - "I don't care" = "I care but have no idea what I'm doing wrong and that's why it looks like I'm gonna cry."

Honestly, I think you spend more time thinking about it than he does Phone Post

Haha I seriously doubt that
12/10/12 9:30 AM
PJ Benn Fan
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The funny thing is that when athletes are young, famous, and making a lot of money many truly dont care how the common fan perceives them. And I dont blame them!

You know when they start caring?

When their career is winding down or they retire and people still remember them in a negative light.

I have little problem with Rory as a fighter. Hes fantastic. Personality wise though, I think hes an idiot with a lot to learn.

Maybe he learns, maybe he doesnt.

But when hes retired and 40 or 50 years old and the fans still say, "yeah Rory was amazing but what a fucking douche", guarantee you he starts caring a little.

When the money slows down a bit, the media isnt calling you for interviews as much, and everyone is talking about the next rory, all you and everyone else is left with are memories.

If those memories are negative, well thats what he will be remembered for.

Barry Bonds went 40/40 (at the time only the second guy to do so in history) and won 3 MVP awards before he ever started using steroids.

Yet all people talk about is his personality (or lack of) and his drug use.

12/10/12 10:47 AM
TeaBaggedbyMagicUndies
455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sociopath. Awesome! Phone Post
12/10/12 11:00 AM
Ryan Black
582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He just reiterated personally himself EXACTLY what I said about him after the fight. This is no "changing of the guard-" Rory fights for himself. And that's cool. He's doin' his thang and it's obviously paying dividends. Phone Post
12/10/12 11:06 AM
Mookie Blaylock

I like Rory.

Lots of girly men on the UG.

"Oh no! He doesn't smile enough!" "He's awkward!"
12/10/12 11:07 AM
DJmixmasterMobbie

cold world, real cold world.

i was pulling for bj coming into the fight but rory really impressed me and has grown on me. kid is a stud.
12/10/12 11:14 AM
Chris Leben is a Zombie
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im liking Rory more and more Phone Post
12/10/12 12:37 PM
biggator
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone seen the girl that smiled at him from the countdown show lately???

but seriously the guy just needs a good couple years of ass on the reg and he will mellow out. he is a kid from the country trying to fit in and it is hard. nothing a little ass and some perspective wont cure. good luck on your journey rory.
12/10/12 12:39 PM
DoubleBagger
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This psycho killer gimmick he has going, I think it's brilliant. Best of luck to him.
12/11/12 12:52 AM
Megatherium

Our Rory is in need of a Donald S Cherry intervention.
12/11/12 1:16 AM
SOO72
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone asked Condit about his challenge yet?
12/11/12 1:19 AM
Vote me down

I feel bad for the person or people who are in his way when he snaps.

12/11/12 2:59 AM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The right attitude

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.