UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The worst current match-up for Bendo...

12/10/12 12:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
semtex0809
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - Melendez
This Phone Post
12/11/12 4:26 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
12/11/12 4:32 PM
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would actually give Gilbert the edge in terms of being the worst matchup for Bendo. Josh is awesome but I could see him getting out-Joshed by Bendo.
12/11/12 4:36 PM
New Leaf 1.0

Edgar probably beats him again, just like last time.
12/11/12 4:57 PM
JerseyShoreTapTeam

Pettis

People severely underestimate how much of a mental edge Pettis will have going into their rematch. He already beat Bendo once and Bendo has come out and said that he still has nightmares of the Showtime kick. I can see Bendo being more tentative than usual if he ever fights Pettis again. Not to say that he wouldn't beat Pettis in a rematch, but I think Pettis is the only one with a mental edge over him.
12/11/12 7:26 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerseyShoreTapTeam - Pettis

People severely underestimate how much of a mental edge Pettis will have going into their rematch. He already beat Bendo once and Bendo has come out and said that he still has nightmares of the Showtime kick. I can see Bendo being more tentative than usual if he ever fights Pettis again. Not to say that he wouldn't beat Pettis in a rematch, but I think Pettis is the only one with a mental edge over him.
It could also work the opposite way and Bendo could come out with something to prove more than ever before. But yeah, that's a fight that we definitely need a part II of Phone Post
12/11/12 7:57 PM
ChaosOverkill
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maynard and Pettis

12/11/12 8:10 PM
Narcolepsy
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has Gunnar Nelson ever fought at 155? Doesn't he walk at 175?

I think Edson Barboza could do some damage to Ben if he plays the game right and avoids the takedowns.
12/11/12 8:51 PM
caseharts
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circa305 - 
Mr Sponge -  Alvarez, Pettis, Melendez have the best chance to beat him. Phone Post

Funny you mentioend 3 guys that the UFC tried to keep out of their organization.

they tried keeping them out of their org what?

12/11/12 8:56 PM
GriffinQ

circa305 -
Mr Sponge -  Alvarez, Pettis, Melendez have the best chance to beat him. Phone Post

Funny you mentioend 3 guys that the UFC tried to keep out of their organization.
Not even remotely true, don't spew that bullshit. Zuffa has been actively courting Eddie for awhile now, Pettis has been in the org for over a year and is close to a title shot, and Melendez will be in the org 2 months from now. And Bendo has only been the champ for the better part of a year, it's not like Zuffa has been pushing him towards being a long reigning champion for multiple years or something. Phone Post
12/11/12 9:00 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

yep...he has kicks in addition to boxing and i think would be able to take benson down..the only question is his health/cardio

12/11/12 9:28 PM
caseharts
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what would sakuraba do - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -  Ben would wreck Thomson.

The correct answer is Jose Aldo once he moves up Phone Post

Lol. Aldo? Ben is 30lbs bigger, stronger, 98% as fast & way too tall, too much arm/leg reach...and 10x the cardio! cmon bro. Ben would moida him. . Edgar will school aldo. Cruz would too if he bulked up. . Maynard will beat bendo.

what are you talking about? edgar is going to have serious problems with aldo. bendo is not nearly as fast as aldo. and im one of the biggest supporters of bendo on here. edgar might be slower than aldo.cruz is at 135 for a reason wait and see how it happens but you made a lot of lofty claims that probably wont come true. and gray isnt getting a title shot for at least 6 months to a year. hes injured. 

edgar has to get that fight to the ground and use his wrestling to beat aldo. standing and trading like he did with ben isnt a good idea imo but hes frankie edgar you know hes frankie fucking edgar.

12/11/12 9:29 PM
RKing85
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

definitly not Josh Thomson.

If Henderson fought Shinya Aoki 10 times, Henderson would win 7 or 8 of those times.

But if they fought 1 time and Aoki submitted Henderson, I wouldn't be surprized at all.
12/11/12 9:45 PM
TuLegit

I was thinkin thatd be a cool fight Phone Post
12/11/12 9:51 PM
Chaz Johnson

Pettis what has changed Phone Post
12/11/12 10:17 PM
caseharts

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee -
what would sakuraba do - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -  Ben would wreck Thomson.

The correct answer is Jose Aldo once he moves up Phone Post

Lol. Aldo? Ben is 30lbs bigger, stronger, 98% as fast & way too tall, too much arm/leg reach...and 10x the cardio! cmon bro. Ben would moida him. . Edgar will school aldo. Cruz would too if he bulked up. . Maynard will beat bendo.

Benson is 195 in the cage? I really doubt that.
People love to make numbers up Phone Post
12/11/12 10:27 PM
subwrassler
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chandler, Alvarez and Maynard.

in that order imo.
12/11/12 10:28 PM
subwrassler
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

also, alot of people sleep on Masvidal.
makes sense in a way because of his fight with Melendez.

but...

he's not the type to talk about having a broken hand from round 1 on in that fight.
12/11/12 10:38 PM
GriffinQ

subwrassler - also, alot of people sleep on Masvidal.

but...

he's not the type to talk about having a broken hand from round 1 on in that fight.
I never sleep on Masvidal, I've rooted for him in all his match ups the past 4 years. But I dunno if he has the style to keep Bendo guessing the whole fight. He's got kicks and knees, but he favors his hands almost entirely . I don't think anyone can beat Bendo with just their hands unless they have monster power(like Alvarez) so I don't see Masvidal winning. Phone Post
12/11/12 10:42 PM
orcus

I don't see Maynard outwrestling Bendo significantly and he is outclassed on the feet.

12/11/12 10:43 PM
caseharts

GriffinQ -
subwrassler - also, alot of people sleep on Masvidal.

but...

I never sleep on Masvidal, I've rooted for him in all his match ups the past 4 years. But I dunno if he has the style to keep Bendo guessing the whole fight. He's got kicks and knees, but he favors his hands almost entirely . I don't think anyone can beat Bendo with just their hands unless they have monster power(like Alvarez) so I don't see Masvidal winning. Phone Post
I think chandlers more powerful then Alvarez gray too. Alvarez is technical tho. I agree someone needs a powerful grappling Game and dynamic striking. Not many have that Phone Post
12/11/12 10:44 PM
caseharts

orcus -

I don't see Maynard outwrestling Bendo significantly and he is outclassed on the feet.

I think bendo could sub him Phone Post
12/11/12 10:51 PM
Tommy Gunnz
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

people sleep on Thomson. If he ever stayed healthy he could have been the #1 fighter at 155 while he was in his prime. I would love to see BJ go back to 155 and fight Josh Thomson now

I don't think Alvarez is gonna be a champ in the UFC, he has a glass jaw and will get outwrestled a lot

Biggest threat to Bendo is someone who can outwrestle him and dominate from top. I would say Gray except he won't use his wrestling anymore and just stand and wangs
12/11/12 10:56 PM
caseharts

circa305 -
caseharts - 
circa305 - 

It might have been before you were following the sport but yea these 3 were not in the UFC because they were not UFC level apparently of course I knew otherwise. Funny now they are the only ones worth challenging the former WEC contender for his UFC title.
No they aren't people's opinion is they are. I followed the sport since Matt Hughes trig. I just think that gray Pettis Jim miller/Lauzon are all worthy. Gilbert is worthy too. Josh Thompson though I think he beat Gil he need to build his name that strike force title would have done it for him. Phone Post
12/11/12 11:10 PM
MasterofMartialArts
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circa305 -
caseharts - 
circa305 - 

It might have been before you were following the sport but yea these 3 were not in the UFC because they were not UFC level apparently of course I knew otherwise. Funny now they are the only ones worth challenging the former WEC contender for his UFC title.
Who exactly are you calling out? The UFC? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.