UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Serious Question for older Martial Artists -

1/31/13 8:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fayceofff
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

philodox - Hi (old) dudes... been lurking in your thread.

Saw that you guys wanted an OFTT logo but there hasn't one been made, so I had one made for you:

http://i.imgur.com/MZIKpSt.jpg

Not diggin' it, brother... Thanks for trying, though!
2/1/13 5:01 AM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fayceofff - 

Saw that you guys wanted an OFTT logo but there hasn't one been made, so I had one made for you:

haha little too much emphasis on the "Farts" bit

seriously though, i think we could come up wiht a real logo, even if its just to identify us on the UG :)

i like to think of us as "Older Fighters Top Team" OFTT rather than the old farts version ;)
2/1/13 2:28 PM
philodox
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master Bater - 
fayceofff - 

haha little too much emphasis on the "Farts" bit

seriously though, i think we could come up wiht a real logo, even if its just to identify us on the UG :)

i like to think of us as "Older Fighters Top Team" OFTT rather than the old farts version ;)

:D Was just for fun.
2/1/13 7:32 PM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i know bud, do us another one - see if we cant get a logo at last :)
2/6/13 8:53 PM
bhealthy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
2/7/13 3:49 PM
fayceofff
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master Bater - i know bud, do us another one - see if we cant get a logo at last :)

Maybe something with this guy - Gouken from Street Fighter.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/61/Gouken_%28Street_Fighter_IV%29.PNG/225px-Gouken_%28Street_Fighter_IV%29.PNG[/img]
2/7/13 3:50 PM
fayceofff

^Damn. Forgot that doesn't work here.
2/7/13 4:22 PM
MountainMedic
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany -

Ortho guy told me he suspects an ACL tear today, which really surprised me because it didn't hurt at all when it happened, but I'm banking on this really experienced guy being wrong when I go for my MRI today :D

Jupes- no pain is usually worse bro, sorry. It means a more complete tear most times.

But they are pretty good at the rebuild these days. If you do have surgery, tty to go in as strong as possible... greatly cuts down on recovery. Phone Post
2/12/13 10:05 PM
Master Bater

bump
2/12/13 10:08 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MountainMedic -
2JupitersTooMany -

Ortho guy told me he suspects an ACL tear today, which really surprised me because it didn't hurt at all when it happened, but I'm banking on this really experienced guy being wrong when I go for my MRI today :D

Jupes- no pain is usually worse bro, sorry. It means a more complete tear most times.

But they are pretty good at the rebuild these days. If you do have surgery, tty to go in as strong as possible... greatly cuts down on recovery. Phone Post
Good call, complete tear. Getting a new ACL from my hamstring in a couple weeks Phone Post
2/12/13 10:27 PM
MountainMedic
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany -
MountainMedic -
2JupitersTooMany -

Good call, complete tear. Getting a new ACL from my hamstring in a couple weeks Phone Post
Sorry broseph. Spent 5 years in the Vail ER. I knows me some knees.

I know I don't have to tell you to do your rehab, but do your rehab. Stronger you go in = shorter recovery. Really pay attention to hydration as well, makes a big difference.

You'll be back on the mats un a few months. Phone Post
2/13/13 1:13 AM
Moke
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We had a young athletic buck with a lot of potential who started training with us a few years back, and he had a tendency to not tap when he was in heel hooks and or bad leg reap situations. We explained MANY times that you don't feel pain at those vulnerable spots so just tap if you feel any pressure.

Well this guy didn't like to tap and we had to keep hounding him. Well sure enough one night he got his ACL completely sheared. He got the cadaver version of the surgery and some months later he was back, but he also surfed and mountain biked. He wasn't back in action for more than a few weeks when he hopped off of his mountain bike at high speed and landed on his feet (for whatever reason) and completely tore off his brand new (used) ACL.

He quit bjj and everything else, and as far as I know is not even getting the ACL repaired. He's just sitting around with his girlfriend. My theory is his girlfriend sees this as a an opportunity for her...one that will keep him around and under her full control and influence, and away from everything that used to take his attention away from her.

In other words, this young buck is about to get old real fast.
2/13/13 1:19 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you for your inspiring story. Changed my life. Phone Post
2/13/13 8:17 AM
Master Bater

in light of the Knee posts - not sure how effective this really is? but thought i would add a clip that was sent to me yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk-Y8x9nWcg

Blue Please
2/13/13 2:38 PM
bhealthy

TTT
2/13/13 3:08 PM
Moke
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany -  Thank you for your inspiring story. Changed my life. Phone Post

wat
2/13/13 7:57 PM
Master Bater

up
2/20/13 9:10 PM
Dan Pagan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I created an OFTT group on Facebook, if anyone can't find it let me know. Create an avatar and I'll put it up. Phone Post
2/21/13 8:21 PM
Master Bater

^^ can you put the link here Dan?
2/22/13 5:04 PM
Dan Pagan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On phone now can't find link address, but I'd you search Facebook for OFTT should come up Phone Post
2/23/13 11:19 PM
Dan Pagan

Here is the link, to the OFTT group on Facebook, could turn out to be a great resource for older fighters and old farts as well.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/145670078926673/members/
2/23/13 11:21 PM
Dan Pagan

Sorry this should be it https://www.facebook.com/groups/145670078926673/members/#!/groups/145670078926673/

or just search facebook for OFTT
2/24/13 9:55 AM
Blazing Knees

Dan Pagan - Sorry this should be it https://www.facebook.com/groups/145670078926673/members/#!/groups/145670078926673/

or just search facebook for OFTT

Link no workie
2/24/13 7:43 PM
Dan Pagan

Ok sorry guys here is the address, I did not realize I had to set an address never set up a group on FB before.

Please keep it relevant to OFTT.

Group Address:

OldFartTopTeam@groups.facebook.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OldFartTopTeam/

Invite fellow old timers that trane!
2/24/13 8:15 PM
thomase
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.