UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Serious Question for older Martial Artists -

12/12/12 5:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master Bater - Does anyone else incorporate Ginastica Natural into their warm ups? (most will know it from Rickson in Choke)

this is something i added to ours a good while back and it really helped with flexibility and stretching. its very easy on the older body, and can be done anywhere.

there are many clips but i put a couple here for anyone who wants to get an idea of what its about (blue please)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NgfTxLuAP8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=rYqsuOFZb78&feature=endscreen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAh_9RBI_OQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvTg4Z-7opQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxv8lrUT27A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2vqLZ2ymco

http://youtu.be/WtH_wi2Duhs

^^ did anyone see this clips?
12/12/12 5:35 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
madbanker -  YOGA! Phone Post

Hey - I'm 6' 2" 250  and older. Do you have a direction to a good begginer yoga program ? I think it would help me  1000%.

12/12/12 6:41 PM
Kobayashi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed for later - another oldie logging on Phone Post
12/12/12 9:26 PM
bhealthy

MountainMedic -  No, lol, why?
If that's some inside joke it went right over my head. Phone Post

sorry 'bout that. no its not a Joke. last i knew the Lagendary Grandmaster JUDOKA Augustine Jazo was living in the Mountains in the USA. In Aurora Colorado.
12/12/12 9:39 PM
juszczec
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

conditioning

rest

mix of hard & easy training days

not being stupid
12/13/12 12:08 PM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
12/13/12 12:32 PM
KidJustice
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

40 yrs old here.

Neck Surgery (ACDF), MCL 80% gone in right knee and severe right ankle arthritis. I still train BJJ twice a week and do kettlebell and body weight workouts.

The key really is not trying to be showoff to the young guys. I am also starting yoga this year to get back my flexibility which has been totally lost. I am a 3rd degree Karate blackbelt and I can't even kick well anymore.

I'm actually going to give DDP Yoga a try starting in January.

12/13/12 2:15 PM
juszczec
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KidJustice - 

40 yrs old here.

Neck Surgery (ACDF), MCL 80% gone in right knee and severe right ankle arthritis. I still train BJJ twice a week and do kettlebell and body weight workouts.

The key really is not trying to be showoff to the young guys. I am also starting yoga this year to get back my flexibility which has been totally lost. I am a 3rd degree Karate blackbelt and I can't even kick well anymore.

What is ACDF?

What kinds of things do you have to be careful of doing BJJ? Does your neck injury allow you to do any standup? If so, what do you have to be careful to avoid there?

I'm 45 and have arthritis in my neck. I've been doing strengthening exercises for about 2 years but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to manage it long term. Fortunately, the worst that's happened on account of this is a pinched nerve - unfortunately its happened 3 times in the last year and a half and has taken about 6 weeks each time to heal up AND it hurts like a motherfucker. So I'm motivated as hell to contain it.
12/13/12 4:55 PM
vlucero
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yoga really does wonder, and i live in a hot tub before a fight lol..but stretching is very important.. before, during and after a workout lol.. when i spar and roll ive learned to find a comfortable spot and pick my shots and when i wanna explode..body just wont go all out anymore..
12/13/12 5:08 PM
Mr Howard
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 
madbanker -  YOGA! Phone Post

Hey - I'm 6' 2" 250  and older. Do you have a direction to a good begginer yoga program ? I think it would help me  1000%.

I know he was a professional wrestler but I realy like the YRG program (Yoga for Regualr Guys).   

12/13/12 5:42 PM
T-Ham
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get off my lawn! Phone Post
12/13/12 5:57 PM
monkybus
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post
12/13/12 8:31 PM
Master Bater

had a really bad night tonight teaching my Black Belts. i was not really involved that much physically as it was only technical drilling, but i just felt so flat and down on myself? maybe thinking about this whole thing too much?

could be i'm worrying ahead of time and this is causing me to feel worse than i actually am?

i guess tomorrow is another day :/
12/15/12 11:21 AM
Master Bater

all back on track last night - 2 combat session of stand up and ground fighting.

rotated through 10 x 5 minutes of stand up, and then 10 x 5 minutes of ground with all black belts..

put into practice much of the advice gained on this thread, slowed, focused, calm, technical - and TORE IT UP... nobody came close to laying a glove on me... felt great and not gassed one little bit, in fact barely broke a sweat.

the old man is not done just yet

cheers guys

LETS KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE
12/15/12 11:41 AM
ocdacc
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in Phone Post
12/15/12 11:42 AM
ocdacc
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^cuz I feel old as hell too Phone Post
12/15/12 4:06 PM
Master Bater

welcome ocdacc,

anything you wanna add here will be great - for most of us that have been around donkeys years is probably all stuff we have heard before, but it never hurts to be reminded of what we have forgotten to do..

i dont want to jinx it but this thread really did show me that you can have an adult discussion on the UG after all lol

keep it up people
12/15/12 4:20 PM
Dougie
839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you trane?

Carefully.

12/15/12 4:47 PM
diggity

The 'clean and lean diet' can't be beaten. It was written for women but it applies to Mensa well. It will keep you young and alive for along time. Check it out. Phone Post
12/15/12 7:06 PM
Master Bater

ttt

Diggity, can you post some details of the diet for us?
12/16/12 10:05 AM
Master Bater

ttt
12/17/12 11:27 AM
bhealthy

TTT for you young'ns doin a great job with this highly informative thread.
12/17/12 11:29 AM
bhealthy

Has anyone here trained with Jet Urquidez lately? He was in awesome shape in '05, looked like he could still wreck shit.

if we could get some tips from him it would be great.
12/17/12 4:09 PM
KidJustice
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

juszczec - 
KidJustice - 

40 yrs old here.

What is ACDF?

What kinds of things do you have to be careful of doing BJJ? Does your neck injury allow you to do any standup? If so, what do you have to be careful to avoid there?

I'm 45 and have arthritis in my neck. I've been doing strengthening exercises for about 2 years but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to manage it long term. Fortunately, the worst that's happened on account of this is a pinched nerve - unfortunately its happened 3 times in the last year and a half and has taken about 6 weeks each time to heal up AND it hurts like a motherfucker. So I'm motivated as hell to contain it.

ACDF surgery.. Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) is a surgical procedure to treat nerve root or spinal cord compression

I have a titanium plate and four screws in my neck now. Plus a donor disc.

12/18/12 6:21 PM
Mr Howard
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oww and damn

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.