UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Serious Question for older Martial Artists -

12/18/12 6:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
juszczec
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KidJustice

That's some scary looking stuff.

What limitations on activity do you have now?
12/20/12 2:24 PM
bhealthy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
12/21/12 2:29 PM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bump
12/26/12 1:39 PM
bhealthy

ttt
12/26/12 2:45 PM
fayceofff
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Started taking glucosamine and fish oil a couple weeks ago - my knees are feeling MUCH better.... Just thought I'd share.
12/26/12 4:38 PM
bhealthy

^^^ thank you fayceoff. will try. (this crossfit shit with my sons is kickin me arse)
12/26/12 5:44 PM
French Fries Malone
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fayceofff - Started taking glucosamine and fish oil a couple weeks ago - my knees are feeling MUCH better.... Just thought I'd share.
Hemp oil would be far better than fish oil , I'm just saying Phone Post
12/26/12 8:17 PM
Moke
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

French Fries Malone - 
fayceofff - Started taking glucosamine and fish oil a couple weeks ago - my knees are feeling MUCH better.... Just thought I'd share.
Hemp oil would be far better than fish oil , I'm just saying Phone Post

Why far better, explain?

Now I'm no hemp expert, but I do know that there are no plant sources of omega 3 oils. Flax and other plant sources only offer omega 3 precursors, and everyone's bodies have drastically differing efficiencies at converting them into omega 3. Some of the latest studies suggest that no one really converts these precursors in quantities suitable for health benefits.

Though these precursors offer other health benefits, they apparently just are not being converted to omega 3 in any significant quantity.
12/26/12 8:23 PM
fayceofff
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, French Fries - why is hemp oil better? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, either. I really want to know.
12/27/12 11:29 AM
bhealthy

just to be safe i will sprinkle me red snapper green banana with hempseeds ;). this thread has been helpful. thanx guys

12/28/12 10:10 AM
Mr Howard
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am sitting down with some friends I trust to work out my plan for next year this weekend.  i will post it when I get it set up.

12/28/12 1:39 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

turning 45 soon, ive been training constantly for over 30 years.

Since I still want to go at it hard with the young guys, I have to be very meticulous with my weekly training plan.

I know exactly what days i train hard, what days I drill, what days I just teach, etc etc. And I plan accordingly with long warm ups and stretches before and after.
If you trained smart and took care of yourself over the years you can still hang with the young guys at 45... but you cant just stroll in cold and go right to rolling/sparring... or do whatever you want day to day.... you got to have a plan for longevity.
Of course your working out, rest, stretching, diet, etc has to be clean and right on.... eating crap, staying out all night and coming in to the saturday morning training session still hung over from last night needs to be left to the 21 year olds!!! LOL
12/28/12 2:39 PM
bhealthy

thanks. lots of helpful posts in this thread. it would be cool if lurkers like marco ruas, jet urquidez, ron van clief, bart vale, hickson gracie, , trane judo, and stretchplum would chime in. Mo smith would be great, he's still actively competing.
12/28/12 2:40 PM
bhealthy

Master LLoyd still competes too
12/28/12 2:47 PM
Zaph
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This member of OFTT (Old Fart Top Team) approves of this thread.

TTT 4 OFTT! Phone Post
12/28/12 3:11 PM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BUFFGEO - turning 45 soon, ive been training constantly for over 30 years.

Since I still want to go at it hard with the young guys, I have to be very meticulous with my weekly training plan.

I know exactly what days i train hard, what days I drill, what days I just teach, etc etc. And I plan accordingly with long warm ups and stretches before and after.
If you trained smart and took care of yourself over the years you can still hang with the young guys at 45... but you cant just stroll in cold and go right to rolling/sparring... or do whatever you want day to day.... you got to have a plan for longevity.
Of course your working out, rest, stretching, diet, etc has to be clean and right on.... eating crap, staying out all night and coming in to the saturday morning training session still hung over from last night needs to be left to the 21 year olds!!! LOL

it's like you have been spying on me?? ;)
12/28/12 3:12 PM
Master Bater

Edited: 12/28/12 3:14 PM
12/28/12 3:15 PM
Master Bater

Zaph -  This member of OFTT (Old Fart Top Team) approves of this thread.

TTT 4 OFTT! Phone Post

now THAT needs its own Avatar..

OFTT...wear it with pride :)
12/28/12 3:41 PM
MattyECB
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master Bater - cheers bhealthy. i think its less about me wanting to keep up with them, as me not wanting to admit that i cant do the things i used to :/

you are totally right that my aim was/is always to make them better than i am.

thanks for a serious answer :)

What's the tibetan monk saying, if the student isn't better than the master then the master has failed
12/28/12 3:57 PM
Master Bater

MattyECB - 
Master Bater - cheers bhealthy. i think its less about me wanting to keep up with them, as me not wanting to admit that i cant do the things i used to :/

you are totally right that my aim was/is always to make them better than i am.

thanks for a serious answer :)

What's the tibetan monk saying, if the student isn't better than the master then the master has failed

dont get me wrong, i want them to be better than me, this has always been my ultimate goal.. and i tell them that every class...

but to quote "Gladiator"

"Not yet.............NOT yet" ;)
12/28/12 5:45 PM
bhealthy

^^^ i know what you mean. these freakin' kids hit HARD! LOL! guess i''m gonna need more Iron Shirt Training.

and MORE COWBELL!!

12/28/12 7:51 PM
Master Bater

^^ yep it's like all these 20-somethings have that
Farmboy Strength???
12/28/12 9:38 PM
fayceofff

Edited: 12/28/12 9:40 PM
Yeah, but we have old man strength - that's a thing for real! I definitely feel just as strong as I ever was, if not stronger. I'm just not as explosive (I still have my blackleticism, though).

And if there's ever an OFTT shirt, I'm getting one.
12/28/12 10:03 PM
Moke
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/28/12 10:22 PM

OFTT

"get the fuck off my lawn"

12/28/12 11:54 PM
cdueck
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just turned 39 last week and I can tell you I am alot more beat up than the young punks that I beat up tonight. They all left limping but I will be the one limping in the morning not them. It still is fun though!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.