UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: You don't get how good Anderson Silva is

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
12/10/12 12:39 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anderson Silva has won 16 fights in the UFC in a row, he has the most successful number of title defenses in UFC history, and will move up in weight division if asked to. However, UFC president Dana White doesn't think fans and the media understand how great The Spider truly is.“

"Anderson Silva is so far the best fighter in the world, f------ pound-for-pound, they ought to make a whole other list for him," said White. "I don’t know what you call it, but he should be on that list. That’s how good this guy is."

“This guy is 38 years old and still performing at the level. Bonnar went the distance with Jon Jones and he said to me after his fight with Anderson Silva, he was in total shock. Not to mention the fact that we find out (Bonnar) was on steroids."

“He’s on steroids. He’s already the bigger, stronger guy. Anderson Silva has 36 days to prepare for that fight. He f------ annihilated him. So after the fight, he says to me, ‘That guy lives in the Matrix. Nobody’s ever done that to me in my life. I felt like I never fought a day in my life when I went in there with this guy.’”

“That’s how good Anderson Silva is. I feel like the media and the fans don’t grasp it, don’t get it as much as I do."

“The day that that guy comes around and says I’d like to retire, it’s gonna bum me the f--- out.”

Read entire article...

12/10/12 12:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
in_different
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its the truth. I feel the same way as Dana. Unfortunately, many mma fans are too disrespectful to appreciate him.
12/10/12 12:42 PM
Loser Born Natural
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/10/12 12:43 PM

I get it.

12/10/12 12:43 PM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Truth. Goat Phone Post
12/10/12 12:43 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone else notice how Dana always calls Anderson one year older than he actually is?  I swear he does it every time.  Anderson is 37 haha.  I know it's not a big deal but I think it's a little odd.

12/10/12 12:45 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goderson Silva - They don't! hence my fucking name towards him.

People are hating on him so much they don't realise what they are going to lose when he retires, it will be the biggest loss to MMA.

Nobody alive now will EVER see anyone do what this guy is doing now he is superhuman like Lionel Messi. Two gifted athletes who was born with "It" and that's that, appreciate it while you can.

When you put what he does into perspective it seems impossible.

Alright calm down a little.  Anderson Silva is not Lionel Messi.

disbeliever
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
He is right
jiujitsu100
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has to fight Jones, HAS TO!!!
12/10/12 12:48 PM
Entreri

These relatively slow and huge guys, Mr. Anderson just annihilates. Their size and power are completely worthless.

Less than a handful of guys in the entire UFC (including HW) would give Mr. Anderson a real fight.
12/10/12 12:49 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say it all the time...I've made threads about it. Silva is on a different level than all others. Phone Post
12/10/12 12:50 PM
ortman166

Loser Born Natural -

I get it.

Beautiful Phone Post
12/10/12 12:52 PM
youarewhatiswrong
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loser Born Natural - 

I get it.

Man, that gif is ridiculous.
12/10/12 12:54 PM
MachidasStraightLeft

Goderson Silva - 
MachidasStraightLeft - 

People are hating on him so much they don't realise what they are going to lose when he retires, it will be the biggest loss to MMA.

Nobody alive now will EVER see anyone do what this guy is doing now he is superhuman like Lionel Messi. Two gifted athletes who was born with "It" and that's that, appreciate it while you can.

When did i say that? i'm talking about him dominating this sport while Messi is dominating football, stop being butthurt just cause you don't like Silva.

Not butthurt at all.  I'm neutral on Anderson, but I have no problem admitting that he's easily the GOAT.   He's just not close to the athlete that Messi is.  When you say "superhuman like Messi" it sounds like you're comparing them.

12/10/12 12:57 PM
FatChrist Magic
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson reminds me of Cassius Clay the way he slips punches so his opponent fully extends his reach and is left vulnerable and exhausted. However, the big difference between Anderson and Clay is that Clay was 19 or 20 years old when he was doing what Anderson is doing at 38. At 38, Clay was Ali and Ali was getting his head taken off by Larry Holmes and Parkinson's disease.
12/10/12 12:59 PM
JetSetter

I've gotten so many people on this site so upset with me by saying that Anderson is the real GOAT and not Fedor .

It's the truth folks. Whether it hurts or not Anderson is the GOAT! Phone Post
12/10/12 1:00 PM
Ansari
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd use "superhuman" to describe the best fighter on the planet more than I would any soccer player.

12/10/12 1:00 PM
MolsonMuscles
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MachidasStraightLeft - 
Goderson Silva - 
MachidasStraightLeft - 

When did i say that? i'm talking about him dominating this sport while Messi is dominating football, stop being butthurt just cause you don't like Silva.

Not butthurt at all.  I'm neutral on Anderson, but I have no problem admitting that he's easily the GOAT.   He's just not close to the athlete that Messi is.  When you say "superhuman like Messi" it sounds like you're comparing them.

Agreed. The Messi/Anderson comparison is a little ridiculous.

One of them kicks a ball, while the other kicks ass.
12/10/12 1:01 PM
CDarwin
795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MachidasStraightLeft - 

Messi has won his last 16 games?

12/10/12 1:02 PM
stevia's sex slave
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Dana, Anderson is on his own level. It's incredible really. Phone Post
12/10/12 1:02 PM
MachidasStraightLeft

I dominate my family's foosball table in similar fashion as Anderson and Messi, and yet I wouldn't compare myself to them.  I get that my example is a little extreme, but the logic is sound.

Literally billions of people play football worldwide, and so the competition is so intense.  To say that you're the best football player amongst billions who play football casually or professionally is more prestigious than saying you're the best in a sport that has far, far fewer participants (MMA).

12/10/12 1:04 PM
MachidasStraightLeft

CDarwin - 
MachidasStraightLeft - 

Messi has scored the most goals in a calendar year, ever.  This is in a sport that has way more participation and thus more athleticism than MMA.  If you guys think Anderson > Messi then you need help.

12/10/12 1:06 PM
Attila
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Dana, and that's why he should fight Jones.
12/10/12 1:06 PM
noisebully

Edited: 12/10/12 1:06 PM

also to say that anderson doesn't compare to messi is a little odd. i was gonna say the same thing but the opposite which should hint on the fact that it's a fair comparison. messi is a bit overrated. he scores a lot of goals, more than anyone has ever done but it's still a lot of "meh" involved. he's no ibra when it comes to impressive goals and he's played around the same people for like 10 years which most others at his level hasn't had a chance to do.

anyway, always entertaining to hear people speak on anderson after they've brutally had their asses handed to em.

12/10/12 1:07 PM
drrilll
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MachidasStraightLeft - 
CDarwin - 
MachidasStraightLeft - 

Messi has scored the most goals in a calendar year, ever.  This is in a sport that has way more participation and thus more athleticism than MMA.  If you guys think Anderson > Messi then you need help.

No one is denying soccer is more popular than MMA. But the post was relating the dominance of a given sport, not which sport is dominant.
12/10/12 1:08 PM
BRZ

Loser Born Natural -

I get it.

Epic Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.