UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> how do you define disrespect?

12/10/12 11:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
omlet de fromage
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I didn't think Rory's show boating was disrespectful, more lame than anything really. But I just found what he said before the fight was a bit shocking and disrespectful mostly because he seemed like Georges in the sense that he will speak his words with his fists inside the octagon. Nothing BJ hasn't done himself though. Phone Post
12/10/12 11:21 PM
Jaybrone
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBASS -
Jaybrone - 

Pretty classless specially given that the dude won largely because of an illegal knee.

One of MMA's worst moments IMO
Ya I was pretty disappointed with that one. Phone Post
12/10/12 11:34 PM
Drunkenirishfc
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People who were not there live didn't see Rory hug bj after the fight Phone Post
12/10/12 11:37 PM
Dirtguy

Joshua J King -
Jaybrone -
JBASS -
Jaybrone - 

Pretty classless specially given that the dude won largely because of an illegal knee.

One of MMA's worst moments IMO
Ya I was pretty disappointed with that one. Phone Post
I was embarrassed for all white people that night. Phone Post
English people, not white people Phone Post
12/11/12 1:00 AM
Leghound
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/11/12 1:00 AM
What about Cantwell(?) in the WEC when he hyperextended that dude's elbow and kept making the snapping motion?
12/11/12 1:22 AM
GeneraI
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere -
DamnSevern - 

celebrating like you destroyed someone when your opponent injured himself

Gotta love Mirg's reaction.
Thinking the exact same thing Phone Post
12/11/12 1:26 AM
GeneraI
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

All those things are pretty disrespectful too. Some are not that bad.

Silva seems to taunt (in the cage) only when you refuse to fight. Penn was fighting, Rory was just being a douche....I mean working his distraction techniques. :)

Is this thread making the "It's okay because others do it too" argument basically?

I can't even take this post seriously.

Agreed. Don't think that's the point OP was making. But you take it the way you want to take it. Phone Post
12/11/12 1:27 AM
kinson

Great thread. Great gifs. Phone Post
12/11/12 1:29 AM
GeneraI

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

All those things are pretty disrespectful too. Some are not that bad.

Silva seems to taunt (in the cage) only when you refuse to fight. Penn was fighting, Rory was just being a douche....I mean working his distraction techniques. :)

Is this thread making the "It's okay because others do it too" argument basically?

False. When Silva fought Maia and Leites, which they fought their hearts out and bleeding; he taunted them. I guess people just choose what bias they believe in Phone Post
12/11/12 1:49 AM
fna
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua J King -  It depends on who's team you're playing for. Phone Post

This all day. Lots of people(rightfully) shit on rampage for his extra shots on an already ko'd wanderlei. I'm certain many of the same folks have had many laughs at the flying hendo punch on bisping. It's gotta be one of the most posted gifs in ug history and uktt seemed to be the only ones objecting to it.

Personally, I am one of these very hypocrites that shit on rampage and have enjoyed the hendo replay.
12/11/12 9:49 AM
Jaybrone
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fna -

This all day. Lots of people(rightfully) shit on rampage for his extra shots on an already ko'd wanderlei. I'm certain many of the same folks have had many laughs at the flying hendo punch on bisping. It's gotta be one of the most posted gifs in ug history and uktt seemed to be the only ones objecting to it.

Personally, I am one of these very hypocrites that shit on rampage and have enjoyed the hendo replay.
I still say that Hendo flying punch was insurance. How many times have guys not followed up a shot and dude is able to continue or recovers enough to grab a leg an defend themselves. Phone Post
12/11/12 10:15 AM
JBASS
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone - 
fna -

I still say that Hendo flying punch was insurance. How many times have guys not followed up a shot and dude is able to continue or recovers enough to grab a leg an defend themselves. Phone Post

Agreed. For example, if you look at the way Mike fell to the mat when Hendo hit him with the H bomb compared to the way Fitch fell when Hendro hit him, Fitch was more limp when he was dropped. Obviously Hendo's initial punch really put the lights out on the count, but you can't risk those things - especially when it was a middleweight contender match. Couple that with the fact that Mike had never been finished before, then you can't really blame Hendo for capitalizing on an opportunity. I guess Mike was just lucky that Air Hendo only flew and landed once after he got dropped before Mario Yamasaki could intervene.

Babalu vs. Heath (?) was pretty bad though.
12/11/12 10:16 AM
JBASS
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also DamnSevern, no more gifs?? :(
12/11/12 10:20 AM
DJmixmasterMobbie

gif of Rory imo
12/11/12 10:44 AM
vaginal tear
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't mind what Rory did to a point. If you're trying to get your opponent to throw so can counter and try to finish the fight then fine. However if you're doing the 10 minute happy dance then its a bit much. Phone Post
12/11/12 12:09 PM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
602 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -

all this ridiculous talk about rory, those 15 seconds of feet shuffling which people are calling "utterly disrespectful"

I will post some examples of  cage behavior that I find disrespectful

thanks for quoting my thread. I feel honored ;) Phone Post
12/11/12 3:58 PM
JBASS

Joshua J King - 
JBASS -
Jaybrone - 
fna -

Agreed. For example, if you look at the way Mike fell to the mat when Hendo hit him with the H bomb compared to the way Fitch fell when Hendro hit him, Fitch was more limp when he was dropped. Obviously Hendo's initial punch really put the lights out on the count, but you can't risk those things - especially when it was a middleweight contender match. Couple that with the fact that Mike had never been finished before, then you can't really blame Hendo for capitalizing on an opportunity. I guess Mike was just lucky that Air Hendo only flew and landed once after he got dropped before Mario Yamasaki could intervene.

Babalu vs. Heath (?) was pretty bad though.
Mikey was a zombie at this point

..and you're saying that there was a possibility that Mikey could have snatched up a single leg of Hendo's at this point?

For the record,I think it's all part of the fight. Rampage,Hendo and everything short of Seraldo Sobral is ok. This is violence. Phone Post

I don't think Mike could've snatched anything at that point -but just because a guy falls to the mat, doesn't mean he is out. Like I said you can't risk these things, you've gotta make sure they are out the first time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.