UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz: I was 'screwed' after eye punch

12/10/12 4:33 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I didn't perform the way I wish I could have," said Nate Diaz at the the UFC on FOX 5 post-fight press conference. "I got a punch in the eye pretty early in the fight and things were blurry. They never came back. I was waiting for it to recover, and when it did I was going to come back strong. But it never did.

"Ben did great. He landed the good shot early. It was blurry. I was screwed. If I would have tried to get up with anything, or tried to aggress too hard, I think things could've gotten worse.

"Like I said, I was trying to wait for the eye to recover, until I could see straight. Because I knew it was coming back and I knew I was going to come back strong from it, but I never did. I ran out of time with it, and it sucks.

"But whatever, that's what happens."

Read entire article...

12/10/12 4:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WestCoastMXC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs to hit the weights already he just looks so physically weak. Phone Post
12/10/12 4:40 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure who to believe on why he lost.... The guy that was actually in the fight or his fans who are coming up with 100 different reasons hmmmm....... what to do

12/10/12 4:41 PM
SkooterFanForLife
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I was trying to keep my fingers raised and above my eye to restore blood flow to the damaged area."
12/10/12 4:44 PM
discodrew
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
12/10/12 5:03 PM
Enemies

Eye punch or not, he was screwed the minute he took that fight.
12/10/12 5:20 PM
sacredhate
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so he was effectively defeated by a single shot to the eye early in the fight?

that's worse than i thought.
12/10/12 5:25 PM
DJmixmasterMobbie

fuck all you saying he was screwed when he took the fight. i didnt hear any of you cock suckers saying that before the fight. nate is a stud through and through, just wasnt his night.
triso
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sacredhate - so he was effectively defeated by a single shot to the eye early in the fight?

Uh, blurred vision obviously impairs your fighting skills.

For guys saying he's too thin, etc ... he's never going to be a strong athletic fast twitch kind of guy. Those are attributes you either have or don't have.

He does what he does with the tools he has and it works for him. Bendo is a beast and a bad style matchup for Diaz.
UGSlapshot

sacredhate - so he was effectively defeated by a single shot to the eye early in the fight?

Contrary to popular opinion eyesight is important in MMA. Phone Post
12/10/12 5:30 PM
sacredhate
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGSlapshot - 
sacredhate - so he was effectively defeated by a single shot to the eye early in the fight?

Contrary to popular opinion eyesight is important in MMA. Phone Post

I know that. I'm waiting for everyone to now start bashing Bendo and Rory for not being aggressive fighters and finished their almost blinded opponents.
12/10/12 5:33 PM
newjack900
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucked to see Nate get pretty much out-classed in the majority of that fight.. what's next for him? What would an Edgar-Diaz fight look like? Besides Frankie bouncing around while Nate stalks him talking shit...
12/10/12 5:34 PM
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DJmixmasterMobbie - fuck all you saying he was screwed when he took the fight. i didnt hear any of you cock suckers saying that before the fight. nate is a stud through and through, just wasnt his night.

I think a lot of people were saying basically that before the fight for the reasons Dillon70 listed
12/10/12 5:36 PM
Dazednconfused
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate humble in defeat, too bad there ain't many humble on the UG Phone Post
12/10/12 5:38 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

In general, the worse thing you can do. when ass gets beaten, is make excuses. In general. Just say 'I got whooped' and go train and come back better. We all get whooped. Everyone.

12/10/12 5:58 PM
OSBtro11

That was a good look for all these guys. Calm , respectful and well spoken. It was cool to see Diaz and Edwards showing eachother some love right at the end. TTT Phone Post
12/10/12 6:02 PM
crazyea
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny stuff. That camp didn't give a shit when gsp's eye was poked. Lol. Phone Post
12/10/12 6:09 PM
8flat
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazyea -  Funny stuff. That camp didn't give a shit when gsp's eye was poked. Lol. Phone Post

LOL...you beat me to this!

(and GSP still won with only one good eye)
12/10/12 6:32 PM
FullContactHigh
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yves is pure class.
12/10/12 7:56 PM
Diesel67

What kind of a verb is "aggress?" Is this dude's native language English?
12/10/12 8:00 PM
genshi
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/10/12 8:15 PM
Vote me down

genshi - 

LMFAOO

12/10/12 8:18 PM
SickEyeDiaz
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

newjack900 - Sucked to see Nate get pretty much out-classed in the majority of that fight.. what's next for him? What would an Edgar-Diaz fight look like? Besides Frankie bouncing around while Nate stalks him talking shit...

No 'besides'...that would be the whole fight, followed by Frankie getting the decision!

12/10/12 8:47 PM
alkysmurf
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck @ genshi! Phone Post
12/10/12 8:56 PM
HandyDarsh
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the diaz haters are having a feild day with this one!

You'd think the diaz haters would come off less miserable in thier comments/Troll attempts, since he lost.

but since nate took the loss like a man, i guess that also rubbed many people the wrong way. The people that were upset when he didnt flip bendo off after the fight, its just a sport.

Everyone gets wrapped up in this, i hated rory just because he was fighting BJ penn, but once the fight was over i appreciated Rory's performance. Some people get a little too into the pre-fight hype, even after the events over.

talking down to nate is talking down to the rest of the division, becuase he cleaned it out in order to get to bendo. AND 155 is the most talent deep division IMO.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.