UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> Christmas Specials- Tapout Burlington

12/10/12 5:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TapouT Burlington
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out our special Christmas pricing. Prices on now until Christmas.

3 Month Unlimited Membership- $199.99 (Save $80.00)

3 Month Grappling/Striking Membership- $179.99 (Save $40.00)

3 Month Boot Camp Membership- $129.99 (Save $40.00)

3 Month Fitness Membership- $99.99 (Save $40.00)

Come by and sign up today or pick up a gift certificate for friends or family members.

Don't forget about our free Pro Training sessions Sunday's from 11:00am-1:00pm. All pro's welcome!

info@tapoutburlington.com
1/31/13 2:09 PM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pay your Fighters!!!!!!
1/31/13 2:40 PM
Dougie
1092 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would Tapout Burlington care to comment on the whole Mark Bocek not getting paid issue?

Am I wrong that he wore your logo on his fight shorts in his last fight as you sponsored him but then you never paid him?

If I am incorrect please correct me.

1/31/13 2:42 PM
Dougie
1092 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/31/13 2:44 PM

From:Mark Bocek 27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down
Posted: 23 hours ago

Hi guys, first I would like to thank you all for the support, it is very frustrating as a fighter who basically depends on their sponsors money, to not be paid. I would like to clarify that I did not post this with the intention of tarnishing anyone's reputation, I was just expressing my frustration, and I can guarantee that I'm not alone out there.

Please be aware that Venum fight gear is the best company out there, they really take care of all their fighters, they supply me with plenty of great quality gear, they always have my back, and I never had to worry about payment. Also fight decals is owned by a friend of mine and he does the best banners ever and their print work is always impeccable, I have only good things to say about them.

Major's Pharmacy has been a part of my sponsorship team since my first UFC fight. Major's Pharmacy is like a family and they support me even when I have no fights scheduled. Major's Pharmacy is a dream sponsor for any fighter out there. As far as Fear the Fighter which is owned by the brother of a trainer partner you guys know they will always deliver. I am grateful for all my other sponsors that includes Life Pulp, Dr. Paul Biondich, Kleinburg Private Wealth, Tristar, Level IIX, WR and all the past sponsors that always had honored their deal. I don't see the need to mention the name of the sponsor that has not paid all the money owed to me.

Thanks for all the support guys...

Mark Bocek

1/31/13 2:43 PM
Dougie

1/31/13 2:48 PM
Phil999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From
http://www.markbocek.com/

Mark Bocek no longer teaching at TapOut Burlington.
Posted on: 2013-01-30

Since January Mark Bocek is no longer part of the Tap Out Burlington instructor team. For everyone interested in private lessons please feel free to contact Mark directly throughout this webpg.
1/31/13 3:51 PM
simms
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PAY MARK HIS MONEY!!! Phone Post
1/31/13 5:28 PM
Dougie

**waiting for Tapout B's official announcement**

1/31/13 9:03 PM
Dougie

1/31/13 9:08 PM
SandraBullockFan
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt. pay the man. and also stop deleting facebook posts calling you out for acting scummy
1/31/13 9:12 PM
Twist of Cain
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pay the man. Sleezy ass company.
1/31/13 9:16 PM
Dougie

Edited: 01/31/13 9:16 PM
TapouT Burlington - info@tapoutburlington.com

1/31/13 9:24 PM
Dougie

Phil999 - From
http://www.markbocek.com/

Mark Bocek no longer teaching at TapOut Burlington.
Posted on: 2013-01-30

Since January Mark Bocek is no longer part of the Tap Out Burlington instructor team. For everyone interested in private lessons please feel free to contact Mark directly throughout this webpg.

That's unpossible. Mark is clearly seen on their facebook page as of today.

1/31/13 9:25 PM
SandraBullockFan
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he is also the first fighter on their "fighters" page
2/1/13 11:39 AM
Dougie

Edited: 02/01/13 11:39 AM

What kind of answer is this?

TapouT Burlington
25 minutes ago
Tapout Burlington would like to address the Mark Bocek situation:

We appreciate everything Mark Bocek represents in the Canadian Mixed Martial Arts world. On a personal note, we are fans and supporters of Mark. However if we may be candid with you, there is an unfortunate business side to every professional relationship. The dynamics and the expectations that come with being a title sponsor are particular and intricate to say the least. To date we still maintain an impressive roster of sponsored professional fighters and those relationships are very important to us. Our Tapout Burlington sponsored fighters are the heart of the Tapout Burlington community. We would appreciate anyone who has a sincere concern regarding the relationship that Tapout Burlington had with Marc Bocek dig a little deeper and do proper due diligence before posting any (or any further) veil threats on our Facebook page.

Alternatively, anyone interested in getting more information regarding this matter is encouraged to e-mail their concerns to info@tapoutburlington.com. Those concerns or questions will be addressed in a timely manner.

Thank you for your cooperation and we appreciate your understanding.

Tapout Burlinton

2/1/13 11:43 AM
Dougie

So you did or did not pay him? It seems that this should be an easier answer then the reply indicates?

2/1/13 6:25 PM
Dougie

2/2/13 11:31 AM
Dougie

Edited: 02/02/13 12:16 PM

Wow, back in the day on this forum the Canadian UG used to hang tough together. We took care of our pros, if someone was being ripped off, we took care of business. Frauds were exposed, awesome little known trainers were brought out for others to find and join. When guys got to the big show we rallied around them and cheered.

This whole debacle would have been a 100 post thread by the end of the first day. Posters would have been drawn to this thread like a baby to a boob.

So this is it? A long time pro like Mark Bocek, who has been with this forum for years, sharing stuff and entertaining us with his fights, has trained many people, offered seminars all over Canada, helped bring BJJ to Canada and gave us a connection to the UFC long before it came to our country, is being left out in the cold?

Mark who relies on sponsors to pay his bills is being dumped because why? He didn't win his last fight? Now we argue about why women work out? We TTTeh threads about TTTeh? It's simply a place to advertise events and seminars now? WTF is wrong with this forum? You make me want to put on the cone of shame!

2/2/13 11:35 AM
Dougie

Edited: 02/02/13 11:35 AM

I come to check this thread out and Hey! What's all this laying around stuff? Why are you all still laying around here for?

"Oh, they gave us a response, Dougie, it's over."

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

2/2/13 11:58 AM
SandraBullockFan

ttt scumbags
2/2/13 12:01 PM
Dougie

2/2/13 12:04 PM
Dougie

Edited: 02/02/13 12:16 PM

What the %$#@ happened to the Canadian UG I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest thread of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Dougie, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Tapout, they're dead to me! 

2/2/13 12:05 PM
Dougie

I hope you're sitting behind your monitor as you read this and thinking...

"Dougie's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!"

2/2/13 12:10 PM
Dougie

Gentlemen...We're just the guys to do it...

2/2/13 12:56 PM
bravo13
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie - 

So you did or did not pay him? It seems that this should be an easier answer then the reply indicates?

Firstly, this. ^^^

But reading the UG, it seemed as though it may have been someone else who didn't pay him? HTFU or something like that.

It would be easier for TapouT Burlington to answer the question of why Mark isn't there and if it has something to do with the nonpayment of sponsorship.

Simple.(*shakes pitchfork alongside Dougie)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.