UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> Christmas Specials- Tapout Burlington

2/2/13 1:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dougie
938 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, HTFU was a company that didn't pay Rick Hawn at Bellator.

Tapout Burlington is a company that didn't pay Mark Bocek at UFC.

2/2/13 1:15 PM
moemar
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey Dougie. leave the ttt out of this. as i see it. tapout burlington and the ttt thread dont even belong in the same thread. the ttt has a long tradition of respect and honor. Big Rig Phone Post
2/2/13 1:21 PM
Dougie
938 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

moemar -  hey Dougie. leave the ttt out of this. as i see it. tapout burlington and the ttt thread dont even belong in the same thread. the ttt has a long tradition of respect and honor. Big Rig Phone Post

If the TTTeh thread had any balls, they'd take this whole Bocek problem to the mats and join this thread in rectifying the situation.

2/2/13 3:46 PM
moemar
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie -
moemar -  hey Dougie. leave the ttt out of this. as i see it. tapout burlington and the ttt thread dont even belong in the same thread. the ttt has a long tradition of respect and honor. Big Rig Phone Post

If the TTTeh thread had any balls, they'd take this whole Bocek problem to the mats and join this thread in rectifying the situation.

im still trying to figure out why girls are lazy and downtown Toronto cant fight. now im gonna have to take this Tapout Burlington situation on? fine. ill ttt on it and see what happens. i cant promise anything but when ttt gets pissed it gets right ttt'd off. Big Rig Phone Post
2/2/13 6:32 PM
Dougie

moemar - 
Dougie -

im still trying to figure out why girls are lazy and downtown Toronto cant fight. now im gonna have to take this Tapout Burlington situation on? fine. ill ttt on it and see what happens. i cant promise anything but when ttt gets pissed it gets right ttt'd off. Big Rig Phone Post

If anything, TTTeh should be outraged at this situation.

1) The only person who thinks girls are lazy is Boxingfruitypants because he's afraid of them and trying to prepare himself to leap fabulously out of the closet.

2) Toronto should be outraged as it's nearby neighbour in Burlington is giving MMA in Ontario a black eye by not paying up the fighters it sponsors.

2/2/13 7:33 PM
Dougie

If Mark wants to share further details he can. We do not feel the need to explain the arrangement and who did or didn't do what. However, as we stated above, we have many fighters on the Tapout Burlington team. all of which are very happy and paid on time and without questions. They do what they signed up to do and we in return do ours. Mark, if he chooses to, can elaborate on the issue at hand. We have requested that all staff members stay out of this issue and not comment in order to make sure we only brought the facts forward and nothing else. There are allot of facts missing from the articles circulating. We are not in the business of publicly sharing contractual obligations or agreements. All we can share are high-level facts. For example, the article is misleading; it says Mark didn't get paid for his fight? FACT is, his fight was in November and we DID pay him his November check. (Ask him) Shortly thereafter we sent him a letter to end any and all sponsorship responsibilities with Mark (this was done in December). In that letter we gave Mark and his manager the reason(s) why we had to let him go. If Mark, or his manager want to elaborate as to what those reasons are (I don't think they will) let them do that. We will not out of respect for Mark and his team share those reasons. Again, we are not in the business of sharing the details of our sponsorship contracts. This will be the final time we address this issue publicly. Thank you everyone for your understanding. PLEASE NOTE: TAPOUT (the company), and Tapout Burlington are two different entities. The issue at hand isn’t with TAPOUT (the company) but rather Tapout Burlington
So you are saying you don't owe Mark any money for sponsoring him in his fight and that you don't owe him any money for anything else at this point either? The reason I ask is that sometimes sponsorship agreements spread payment out over a period of time.
2/17/13 11:30 AM
BigEyedFish
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for the truth
2/21/13 9:39 AM
Phil999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Tapout Burlington is saying Mark is spreading incorrect facts?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.