UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> So IF Hendo vs. Machida is still on...

12/10/12 7:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GSP24
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's only going to be a 3 round fight because Ronda is fighting in the main event now? I was pretty excited to see this be a 5 round fight.

Anybody else consider this after the UFC 157 main event was announced? Phone Post
12/10/12 7:35 PM
EckY
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did and its a fucking joke.

12/10/12 8:13 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Especially stupid and upsetting if it's not 5 rounds because Rousey's likely will last about 45 seconds Phone Post
12/10/12 8:17 PM
fryabusa
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Couldn't both fighters go to DFW and ask him to make it a 5 rounder?  Or would the AC need to clear that?

12/10/12 8:39 PM
Lazer MMA

FYI hendo said today he's on sched. for late Feb. Looks like a 3 rounder.
12/10/12 8:44 PM
andyman011

what happened to co-mains are 5 rounders too. since hendo v shogun
12/10/12 8:45 PM
ufc98newb
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one of the first things i thought of. this has been brought up in 1000s of threads and hopefully more to come so dana and co. will realize what a fucked up move it is. hope to god this isn't another rampage vs. machida but that is a risk you get with machida in a 3 rd fight. a whole rd is spent measuring the opponent, especially when they are as dangerous as dan

12/10/12 8:46 PM
Lazer MMA

Well the least Hendo deserves is a 3 rounder with all the screwage his getting! Machida got title shot (LOL Dana version) with a 3 rounder VS Darth.
12/10/12 8:50 PM
duckhuntgangsta
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billytk - At this point I'm hoping Hendo pulls out so the ufc has to try and have ronda carry a card on her own instead of getting to headline the Machida v Hendo card which will inflate her UFC ppv buy rate
I bet you're a blast at parties. Phone Post
12/11/12 12:53 AM
KremeDipEagle
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -
Billytk - At this point I'm hoping Hendo pulls out so the ufc has to try and have ronda carry a card on her own instead of getting to headline the Machida v Hendo card which will inflate her UFC ppv buy rate
I bet you're a blast at parties. Phone Post
8 bit Nintendo reference screen name well placed one liner = win. Phone Post
12/11/12 2:03 AM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is kinda shitty the five round fight is used on one that will end first round via armbar Phone Post
12/11/12 2:40 AM
yellow's Overseer
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Hendo pulls out, Gustaffson fights Machida, Sonnen pulls out of Jones fight, in goes Hendo, and then the winner of Gus-Machida fights winner of Hendo-Jones.

Ya dig? Phone Post
12/11/12 3:52 AM
slamming

Despite that being a ridiculous hope, machida vs henderson could not carry a card either. Phone Post
12/11/12 6:02 AM
MahatmaPetey
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andyman011 - what happened to co-mains are 5 rounders too. since hendo v shogun
Co-main events were never 5 rounds. Phone Post
12/11/12 6:18 AM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida/Hendo is a huge fight, but get ready for all the 'told you the women could pull in ppv numbers' bullshit. Phone Post
12/11/12 6:20 AM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

It will still flop though. Just be inflated by that fight, if they had to carry the card I think the numbers would be a record low. Bad move this one.. Phone Post
12/11/12 6:49 AM
GaryColeman

I agree with this guy. This is an awesome fight. Who honestly would buy the card if this wasn't on it? Be honest. It's supporting the entire card. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.