UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Just got test level results: 272ng/dl - 28yo.

12/10/12 8:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
War Potato
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What now? I'm looking to see if the doc is gonna do a follow-up with me. Fasted 10 hours, did the test beween 8-9AM. Do you know about this other area tested - Thyroid Stimulating Hormone? I've been feeling like a half mongoloid recently when it comes to a lot of things. Been trying to get my shit together before my 2nd child is born.

• Endocrine/Hormone Studies  Ordered by:   (12/08/2012 8:55 AM PST)

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone 1.74 milli intl-unit(s)/L 0.35 - 4.94
  • Endocrine/Hormone Studies  Ordered by:   (12/08/2012 8:55 AM PST)

Testosterone Level, Total 272 ng/dL 125 - 1126

12/10/12 8:52 PM
War Potato
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

troubles?

12/10/12 8:53 PM
War Potato

MOVE TO OG!!

12/10/12 8:55 PM
Cojendo
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That seems low. If you were around 500 that would be moderate at best. You might want to seriously consider low doses of TRT. Possibly add HGC and an estrogen blocker. Phone Post
12/10/12 8:56 PM
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not sure what the first test is but I am very familiar with the 2nd (testicular cancer sucks). Do not freak out if they ask you about TRT. I am not kidding either. That is low for 28. Either way I am sure everything will be ok, and be glad the doctors are doing these tests.
12/10/12 8:56 PM
whoabro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cojendo - That seems low. If you were around 500 that would be moderate at best. You might want to seriously consider low doses of TRT. Possibly add HGC and an estrogen blocker. Phone Post
Came to post this exactly. Phone Post
12/10/12 8:58 PM
War Potato

303 - I am not sure what the first test is but I am very familiar with the 2nd (testicular cancer sucks). Do not freak out if they ask you about TRT. I am not kidding either. That is low for 28. Either way I am sure everything will be ok, and be glad the doctors are doing these tests.

I actually had to specifically ask for it. Wasn't standard for the bloodwork

12/10/12 8:58 PM
Flyers179

Those numbers aren't bad although someone will tell you they are. Mine are in a similar range @ 26 years old and I feel great.

I've had mild depression and OCD for many years so my SSRI medication likely has had an impact on my test, but due to my exercise program I'm in better shape than all my friends AND I still have a full head of hair.

High test is a bit overrated. Wait until your older to pursue medication for it. Or try taking care of anything else and if you still feel like a 'mongoloid' then look into getting medicated.

Having 2 kids can have the sort of 'mental weathering' on any person.
12/10/12 9:43 PM
Cojendo
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoabro -
Cojendo - That seems low. If you were around 500 that would be moderate at best. You might want to seriously consider low doses of TRT. Possibly add HGC and an estrogen blocker. Phone Post
Came to post this exactly. Phone Post
Thanks except I meant HCG, fwiw. Phone Post
12/10/12 9:57 PM
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's low for sure. range is like 240 - 1,040. i'd look into that shite stat.
12/10/12 10:33 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You got your 2nd kid on the way right? You did your job brah!! Now just chill and enjoy your dad strength
12/10/12 10:37 PM
TuLegit

Low test beta Phone Post
12/10/12 10:37 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those are very low but I need more information.

What is your diet like? How much sleep did you get the night before the test? How much sleep do you normally get? When was the last time you drank alcohol?

Did you get LH tested? LH is crucial to understanding what the problem is. If LH is low it generally means your pituitary isn't working right; if LH is high it generally means your testicles aren't working right.

There are many ways of attacking this but more information is needed. Phone Post
12/10/12 10:40 PM
PwntiusPilate

The normal range differs by lab.

Your normal range is clearly stated as 125-1126.

So at 272, you're low normal.

There are so many factors that can influence your test levels.

With proper diet, exercise (not overtraining), and supplementation, you can bring yourself up to low normal.

I wouldn't be so fast to pull the TRT trigger.
12/10/12 10:56 PM
War Potato

Yeah looking into causes I do have quite a few that may cause my low results. I don't get much sleep, and do constantly feel tired. I'm getting tested for sleep apnea too. I do drink beer, I had 2 the night before. Diet is shit (eating better these days) and don't exercise. Phone Post
12/10/12 10:57 PM
War Potato

Work is pretty active most of the time though so I'm no office jockey. Phone Post
12/10/12 11:00 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. Can you explain what does numbers mean?

12/10/12 11:02 PM
PwntiusPilate

There you go then.

Take some magnesium oil before bed (pretty much kick starts all your hormones at the root level, plus helps with stress management)...

Up your intake of healthy fats...

And start lifting heavy shit.

I doubt you'll have any more problems.

12/10/12 11:03 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe it means his pee pee no can taste
12/10/12 11:47 PM
nowaydo
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 46 and mine was 220. The doc suggested TRT and I held out for 2 years, until I started. In 6 months I was 770.
Yet, I stopped, due to having to go get shots twice a week was taking too much of my time. The doc said a) I was low because of the many weight cuts I did as a wrestler, boxer, kickboxer, powerlifter and weightlifter. b)I work around lots of children C) I broke up with my girlfriend, no sex d) I'M FREAKIN OLD!!! (I had do steroid use/abuse in my past)

Those "natural" means just don't work well for me. Yet, I would do what I did, take a year or two and exhaust all of the natural means first.
12/11/12 12:20 AM
Flyers179

War Potato -  Yeah looking into causes I do have quite a few that may cause my low results. I don't get much sleep, and do constantly feel tired. I'm getting tested for sleep apnea too. I do drink beer, I had 2 the night before. Diet is shit (eating better these days) and don't exercise. Phone Post

If you don't exercise, have low test, and are thinking of using synthetic Test to help out then you are crazy/retarded.

I'm not trying to be mean but you listed all those things and paying additional money and messing with your body by using TRT isn't going to help at all.

Your body is fine but you need to sleep and work out. You seriously just need to put on muscle mass. I guarantee your numbers will dramatically change and you will feel way better.

I know exercising is difficult, especially when you first getting started, but you need to figure out how to motivate yourself to get off your ass and train.

It is easier said then done because it is all a mental game but you would be yourself a massive disservice by simply trying to medicate yourself. You'll just be disappointed with the results and out of a decent sum of cash.
12/11/12 12:35 AM
Leghound
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/11/12 12:35 AM
*cues up Stone Temple Pilots for OP*

P.S. Assuming this isn't just some sort of symptom indicative of something else going on with your body Flyers179 may just be onto something with lifestyle changes rather than the usual BS copout medication changes people are so quick to resort to.
12/11/12 1:55 AM
Beatrix Kiddo
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some damn good advice/knowledge in this thread. Thanks Phone Post
12/11/12 2:04 AM
War Potato

Flyers179 -
War Potato -  Yeah looking into causes I do have quite a few that may cause my low results. I don't get much sleep, and do constantly feel tired. I'm getting tested for sleep apnea too. I do drink beer, I had 2 the night before. Diet is shit (eating better these days) and don't exercise. Phone Post

If you don't exercise, have low test, and are thinking of using synthetic Test to help out then you are crazy/retarded.

I'm not trying to be mean but you listed all those things and paying additional money and messing with your body by using TRT isn't going to help at all.

Your body is fine but you need to sleep and work out. You seriously just need to put on muscle mass. I guarantee your numbers will dramatically change and you will feel way better.

I know exercising is difficult, especially when you first getting started, but you need to figure out how to motivate yourself to get off your ass and train.

It is easier said then done because it is all a mental game but you would be yourself a massive disservice by simply trying to medicate yourself. You'll just be disappointed with the results and out of a decent sum of cash.
Yeah I hear that. Honestly wasn't sure what to do, I would definitely try natural ways of improving it first before trying trt as well. I was just shocked it was so low. Phone Post
12/11/12 2:30 AM
Vote me down

Just bang bro

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.