UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> White: McMann did turn down Rousey

12/10/12 8:56 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Last week the UFC announced that Ronda Rousey had indeed signed to the organization and would be handed the women's bantamweight title. It was also announced that she would defend that title against Liz Carmouche at UFC 157 in February.

Immediately the media questioned why Carmouche would receive a title shot having only won her last two bouts and lost the two before that. According the UFC President, Carmouche was the only one willing to take the bout in the time frame they wanted Rousey to defend her title.

Two women considered options to take on Rousey for the title both denied turning down the bout, taking to Twitter to defend themselves, both denying a bout was offered.

Today in a post on the Underground, Dana White himself revealed that they both had been offered bouts, McMann vs. Rousey and Tate in another bout, both of which were turned down by them:

Posted: 12/10/12 6:50 PM ET

I'm getting sick of the women already! She did turn down the fight. Told our guy she wants "a couple more fights before fighting Ronda" like I give a shit and would lie!!!! If u turn down fights in the UFC I will say u did!!! Tate told our guy she wanted a break and didn't want any fights right now but we were not looking to put her in with Ronda right now. That's the truth 100% so STFU u Whiney fuckin NERDS!!!

read entire thread...

12/10/12 9:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/10/12 9:00 PM

Dana laid it down.

Possible that the fighter themselves were not aware that their "guy" said not for a few months, but unlikely.

12/10/12 9:02 PM
Clarence Parents
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any female MMA fighter who turned down the once in a lifetime opportunity to be one of the first 2 women to ever fight in the UFC octagon is fucking crazy.

12/10/12 9:04 PM
sunnyKO'd my SN
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda- "don't be scared homettes" Phone Post
12/10/12 9:05 PM
ufc98newb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/10/12 9:07 PM

Tate said a few months ago she wanted to take time off. on the mma hour today, she said that had she been offered the first ufc championship fight against ronda it would have changed things. at the time she said she wanted time off, circumstances were MUCH different. call it whatever you want, tate was definitely misrepresented in this whole thing

12/10/12 9:05 PM
Body Shots
667 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clarence Parents - Any female MMA fighter who turned down the once in a lifetime opportunity to be one of the first 2 women to ever fight in the UFC octagon is fucking crazy.

THIS Phone Post
12/10/12 9:08 PM
UGSlapshot

Clarence Parents - Any female MMA fighter who turned down the once in a lifetime opportunity to be one of the first 2 women to ever fight in the UFC octagon is fucking crazy.

Agreed and stunned. Phone Post
12/10/12 9:13 PM
Batarnaque
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clarence Parents - Any female MMA fighter who turned down the once in a lifetime opportunity to be one of the first 2 women to ever fight in the UFC octagon is fucking crazy.

This a thousand times. McMann is supposedly the next best thing, she may have missed the boat completely on that one... what if she loses before another opportunity arises? She didn't think this through at ALL.

What bugs me is the "I'm getting sick of the women already!" part, not sure what he means by that but it's not a good sign.. but hey, it's the Baldfather, so it's probably no big deal.
12/10/12 9:15 PM
Chris27

McMann said coming into SF she wanted a fight or two before Ronda, was she offered this fight in the UFC as a main event though?

Just because she didnt want to fight Ronda right away in SF doesnt mean she turned down a fight with Ronda in the UFC for the UFC title in a main event.

I think Dana is taking what she said before and applying it to she didnt want to fight Ronda in this UFC debut which isnt true. But Cox did say even if she was offered the fight she would have turned it down.

12/10/12 9:16 PM
Chris27

Batarnaque - 
Clarence Parents - Any female MMA fighter who turned down the once in a lifetime opportunity to be one of the first 2 women to ever fight in the UFC octagon is fucking crazy.

This a thousand times. McMann is supposedly the next best thing, she may have missed the boat completely on that one... what if she loses before another opportunity arises? She didn't think this through at ALL.

What bugs me is the "I'm getting sick of the women already!" part, not sure what he means by that but it's not a good sign.. but hey, it's the Baldfather, so it's probably no big deal.

Probably that they havent even had a single female fight in the UFC and already you hvae tate, McMann etc complaining and crying to the media.

12/10/12 9:17 PM
ChaelsBallTastesSalty
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good idea to turn down the fight, it's clearly set up for Ronda to win. After all, it takes place in Anaheim in the HONDA Center
12/10/12 9:18 PM
misterw
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can this guy get any more unprofessional? Why does he reveal this stuff? So he can devalue the names of the very fighters the UFC should be trying to promote?
12/10/12 9:19 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Glovegate - 

What did Dana mean there?  There hasn't been a single wmma fight in the UFC and he's sick of the women already?

I would assume that he is talking about the negotiations and contract stuff that has surely been going on behind the scenes over the last month or so. Plus the twitter drama, etc.

Good call on the HONDA center. That made me lol.

12/10/12 9:24 PM
ufc98newb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dana is not giving real talk or straight talk or whatever you want to call it. he is taking remarks that were made when women's ufc didn't exist and applying them to the present. 

overall, i love the guy and think he does great things for ufc, but for him to call bullshit on anybody is beyond hypocritical. how many promises does this guy make and break every month? he gives and takes no.1 contender status on a whim, constantly, and passes it off as "the fans wanted it"  ya straight talk my ass. 

12/10/12 9:27 PM
da Vinci 81
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know who's right here but it's not like Dana is always telling the truth when they put together a mismatch and try to justify it by claiming no one else stepped up.

He said the same crap about no one stepping up to fight Jones on short notice and that they tried EVERYONE. And then a short while later Gustaffson - a top ranked LHW - comes out and said he never even received a call.
12/10/12 9:34 PM
Wontsubmit
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no problem with those two turning down the fight. They dont feel they are ready. Carmouche will not be a push over, shes tough. But where is Cat Zingano?

12/10/12 9:37 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Glovegate -

What did Dana mean there?  There hasn't been a single wmma fight in the UFC and he's sick of the women already?

It was a joke u Whiney nerd! Phone Post
12/10/12 9:39 PM
Doem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOLOLOL

Respect to white for the "whiney fucking nerds comment"

not only because its true but because that's how he shows his love.

but fark dana for putting diaz in front of Hendricks.
12/10/12 9:40 PM
jar of flies
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sunnyKO'd my SN -  Ronda- "don't be scared homettes" Phone Post

homemakers*
12/10/12 9:44 PM
BooZe

Yes! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.