UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Should BENDO Fight winner off Cerrone/Petis next!!

12/11/12 7:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IrishMMAFanatic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

?? Phone Post
12/11/12 8:03 AM
JTRipper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Pettis wins he's on a three fight win streak as well as having a win over Benson so he should get the shot. If Cerrone wins impressively then I'm all for it too, the beating he took from Nate might still be a little too fresh for a title shot though Phone Post
12/11/12 8:50 AM
Roryfappedonmyface
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When cowboy wins that will be three in a row and nine out of his last ten. I can't think of any other lightweights that are 9/10. He had an off night against a guy that just fought for the title and I think another Ben fight will look a lot more like their first fight than the second. Phone Post
12/11/12 8:52 AM
wiggum
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely Pettis if he wins.
12/11/12 8:56 AM
Hikikomori
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson is a fighting champion so I look forward to seeing him in either April or May. If Pettis wins I could see him getting the shot but there will be tons of heat for CErrone if he wins. Melendez could throw a wrench in the mix by making either Pettis or CErrone fight Maynard.

Oh, and Aldo may want to move up. Phone Post
12/11/12 9:08 AM
wiggum
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori -  Benson is a fighting champion so I look forward to seeing him in either April or May. If Pettis wins I could see him getting the shot but there will be tons of heat for CErrone if he wins. Melendez could throw a wrench in the mix by making either Pettis or CErrone fight Maynard.

Oh, and Aldo may want to move up. Phone Post

Great post. If AP wins, I think his case is to clear and compelling to do anything else.

If Cowboy wins, I think Melendez or a bumped up Aldo will be the fight.
12/11/12 9:23 AM
Roryfappedonmyface
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone think Edgar beats aldo? Phone Post
12/11/12 9:26 AM
wiggum

^^I do. But I don't think he would fight Bendo after a win.
12/11/12 9:29 AM
sunnyKO'd my SN
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roryfappedonmyface - Anyone think Edgar beats aldo? Phone Post
I do. also I think it may b hard to sell a third title fight with cowboy especially with the nate loss in linger Phone Post
12/11/12 9:35 AM
wiggum

sunnyKO'd my SN - 
Roryfappedonmyface - Anyone think Edgar beats aldo? Phone Post
I do. also I think it may b hard to sell a third title fight with cowboy especially with the nate loss in linger Phone Post

Edgar v. TKZ has fight of the century written all over it.
12/11/12 9:37 AM
Chris27

Not if Cowboy wins. Bendo already beat him twice, I think if Pettis wins he is next but if Cowboy wins Gilbert should be next.

If Cowboy wins he should have to win atleast one more against somone like Maynard or Alvarez etc.

So either Pettis or Gilbert should be next, i'd prefer Gilbert so they can unify the belts but if Pettis wins since he has a win over Bendo he will get the nod.
12/11/12 9:41 AM
wiggum

Chris27 - Not if Cowboy wins. Bendo already beat him twice, I think if Pettis wins he is next but if Cowboy wins Gilbert should be next.

If Cowboy wins he should have to win atleast one more against somone like Maynard or Alvarez etc.

So either Pettis or Gilbert should be next, i'd prefer Gilbert so they can unify the belts but if Pettis wins since he has a win over Bendo he will get the nod.

Gil is definitely more compelling than Cowboy.

But not more than Pettis.

If Pettis wins, have Bendo and Pettis settle their business. Have Gil fight someone else for the #1 contender spot.

If Bendo remains the champ, that's incredible. It would mean he's beaten Frankie 2x, the unambiguous #1 contender Nate Diaz, Pettis, and then Gil or the guy who beats him.
12/11/12 9:46 AM
Loser Born Natural
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Showtime, yes.

Cowboy, I want it, but... he needs another win.

12/11/12 10:34 AM
The Ghost of Eatonbeever
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Showtime, hell yeah!! Would pay to see that again, cowboy, no, he got smashed to pieces by Nate and be do has already beaten him TWICE. Phone Post
12/11/12 10:44 AM
IrishMMAFanatic

The Ghost of Eatonbeever - Showtime, hell yeah!! Would pay to see that again, cowboy, no, he got smashed to pieces by Nate and be do has already beaten him TWICE. Phone Post
What if cowboy beats pets then who gets the shot ? Phone Post
12/11/12 10:51 AM
The Ghost of Eatonbeever
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IrishMMAFanatic -
The Ghost of Eatonbeever - Showtime, hell yeah!! Would pay to see that again, cowboy, no, he got smashed to pieces by Nate and be do has already beaten him TWICE. Phone Post
Give it to Gil? Title unification Phone Post
12/11/12 10:54 AM
Roryfappedonmyface

I might be alone here but I don't think Melendez beats anybody in top 5 or Alvarez. I also think he loses to Aldo and Frankie if he decides to drop. Anyone think he beats Henderson, pettis, cowboy, Maynard or anyone else at the top? Phone Post
12/11/12 10:56 AM
IrishMMAFanatic

The Ghost of Eatonbeever -
IrishMMAFanatic -
Yea makes sense gold been overlooked alot plus that would be awesome fight!! Phone Post
12/11/12 10:58 AM
IrishMMAFanatic

IrishMMAFanatic -
The Ghost of Eatonbeever -
IrishMMAFanatic -
Yea makes sense gold been overlooked alot plus that would be awesome fight!! Phone Post
Gil not gold damn autospell!! Phone Post
12/11/12 11:13 AM
Big Pookie
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Pettis wins, he should get the shot.
Then Gil vs. Maynard for #1 contender.

If Cowboy wins, Benson vs. Gil for the belt.
Cowboy vs. Maynard for #1 contender.

BUT.... this is the UFC after all, so they'll probably give the shot to BJ Penn.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.