UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Training horror stories

12/11/12 8:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
escudo
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know there are more than a few people on this forum who train so it stands to reason that quite a few of had some messed up stuff happen at the gym, shitty training partners or generally dumb shit that you were involved with or saw go down.

Mine was I was rolling with the instructor at a local gym went to pass from guard to side control and got 2 toes caought in the puzzle mat and disclocated the shit out of both of them. It looked like if you cross your fingers. I SAID WAIT I think I just dislocated my toes. Instructor says "so, finish the round" I did. After we finished rolling I had a very large cop who trained there pop them back into place. Had to drive home 30 miles with a swollen foot. I have never been so pissed off at a manual transmission.
12/11/12 9:16 AM
sitchpack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A dude in our gym caught an accidental elbow during a clinch scramble, he had a horizontal jagged cut across his eyelid, you could see his eye through the cut in the lid.....

12/11/12 9:36 AM
escudo
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We were doing light muay thai sparring I got matched up wit a kid about a foot shorter than me im 6'4" only about 160ish I threw a jab cross body kick combo he slipped the jab caught him on top of the head but he continued slipping and slipped his forehead right into the kick. He needed about 10 stitches to close the gash. I felt like a dick but he was cool about it and understood what happened.

I went out and bought shin pads the next day and I won't spar without them now...
12/11/12 9:59 AM
SMS89
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
12/11/12 10:10 AM
SaturnAscendz

escudo - We were doing light muay thai sparring I got matched up wit a kid about a foot shorter than me im 6'4" only about 160ish I threw a jab cross body kick combo he slipped the jab caught him on top of the head but he continued slipping and slipped his forehead right into the kick. He needed about 10 stitches to close the gash. I felt like a dick but he was cool about it and understood what happened.

I went out and bought shin pads the next day and I won't spar without them now...

Muay thai sparring without shin pads....smh.

I trained at a gym that originally started as a Kung fu school. They had this IFL guy in there. I wrestled at hte in town college and they brought me in work out with him. Anyways they had a wall sized mirror that was NOT sfety glass we bumped into it and the entire wall mirror fell hit his back first and shattered on me. I had like 30 stitches.
12/11/12 10:22 AM
le

escudo - We were doing light muay thai sparring I got matched up wit a kid about a foot shorter than me im 6'4" only about 160ish I threw a jab cross body kick combo he slipped the jab caught him on top of the head but he continued slipping and slipped his forehead right into the kick. He needed about 10 stitches to close the gash. I felt like a dick but he was cool about it and understood what happened.

6'4" 160?

Holy shit I'm 6'3" 190 and thought I was thin. Do you plan on fighting at 155? Or do you just train casually? I'm curious how you'd do with such a height advantage. Phone Post
12/11/12 10:38 AM
escudo

I'd love to fight but first things first, my wrestling is TERRIBLE, All the moves feel so awkard to to me especially level changes against a samller opponent (not that I'd ever get one of those at lightweight) but my sprawl is good and some of the Greco stuff feels ok, I just need to keep at it untill I feel like I am where i need to be as a rangy technical fighter.
12/11/12 10:57 AM
escudo

Not really a horror story, but my first day at the gym I went to wrestling and felt like SHIT than about half way through boxing I had to puke so i left and started heading down the hallway to the bathroom and puked all over the floor. Everyday I leave the gym I look at that puke stain and it kind of motivates me, makes me think how far I've come that I deal with those classes no problem now. I consider it a personal benchmark.
12/11/12 11:38 AM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

escudo - Not really a horror story, but my first day at the gym I went to wrestling and felt like SHIT than about half way through boxing I had to puke so i left and started heading down the hallway to the bathroom and puked all over the floor. Everyday I leave the gym I look at that puke stain and it kind of motivates me, makes me think how far I've come that I deal with those classes no problem now. I consider it a personal benchmark.

The puke stain is still there, no one bothered to clean the bathroom? Your gym sounds scary.
12/11/12 11:43 AM
escudo

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - 
escudo - Not really a horror story, but my first day at the gym I went to wrestling and felt like SHIT than about half way through boxing I had to puke so i left and started heading down the hallway to the bathroom and puked all over the floor. Everyday I leave the gym I look at that puke stain and it kind of motivates me, makes me think how far I've come that I deal with those classes no problem now. I consider it a personal benchmark.

The puke stain is still there, no one bothered to clean the bathroom? Your gym sounds scary.

It's not in the bathroom, it's in the hallway in an old mill building and the floors are carpeted, hence why the stain remains
12/11/12 11:45 AM
krept
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a pic somewhere of a member's bad experience... I want to say it was Semmy? Big toe broken with the bone sticking out... "someone call the toe truck!"

He's in the background smiling while another guy looks like he's about to toss. I'll have to find it.
12/11/12 11:48 AM
escudo

krept - I have a pic somewhere of a member's bad experience... I want to say it was Semmy? Big toe broken with the bone sticking out... "someone call the toe truck!"

He's in the background smiling while another guy looks like he's about to toss. I'll have to find it.

The pain's not so bad as soon as it's happens especially if you've been rolling hard with the adrenaline pumping but ill bet he had a hell of a time getting around the next day.
12/11/12 11:49 AM
krept
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got em, like usual my brain morphed two pics into a single one...

(warning, semi-gnarly)

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12/OthorGround/TOE1.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12/OthorGround/TOE2.jpg
12/11/12 11:53 AM
escudo

LOL his face in that first picture.
12/11/12 12:00 PM
aka_rtotheoh

One day i was rolling with a heavier girl, and she was a troll. i mean looks wise. and she smelled worse than any guy i ever rolled with. and she just kept coming to ro with me everytime i was free. i just couldnt get away from her. i just kept her in my guard and let her posture so she would stay away. i didnt want to get mounted or be in her guard. she was a creeper Phone Post
12/11/12 12:02 PM
Rusty Shackleford
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
12/11/12 12:08 PM
random_muppett
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

krept - I have a pic somewhere of a member's bad experience... I want to say it was Semmy? Big toe broken with the bone sticking out... "someone call the toe truck!"

A kid turned up for his first lesson at a place I traned in London and did this. Meat cleaved right off the bone at a 90 degree angle, with the bone sticking straight out.

He passed out, came round and asked if he'd be ok to go ahead with his driving test the next day. Errrrr.....no.

The pics on Facebook, ill try and find it to post a link to later. Phone Post
12/11/12 12:23 PM
escudo

He passed out, came round and asked if he'd be ok to go ahead with his driving test the next day. Errrrr.....no.
-random_muppett

Got to hand it to him, the kid's got his priorities in order.
12/11/12 8:41 PM
escudo

bump
12/11/12 8:58 PM
OSBtro11

In for pain Phone Post
12/12/12 1:04 AM
Blah Blah Blah
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
12/12/12 1:10 AM
kickasspoolparty
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

krept - Got em, like usual my brain morphed two pics into a single one...

(warning, semi-gnarly)

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12/OthorGround/TOE1.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12/OthorGround/TOE2.jpg

ouch! damn! vtfu for mangling your foot!
12/12/12 2:12 AM
bignightmare
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buddy of mine had a heart attack during practice. Strangely 8 of 8 dudes in the room knew CPR and we freeking saved him. His son was standing there when it happened and immediatly called Mom and was screaming, "Dad is dead....".I grabbed Kidsphoneandjustsaid, "that not what these are for" and then had to explain towife what happened.

Best part was the EMT's were afraid of us and the situation so they completly fucked up the hand offs.
12/12/12 2:33 AM
escudo

I once heard an achilles tear.

one of the most unforgettable sounds I've ever heard.

When it tears it rolls up inside the calf like a window shade...

still gives me chills
12/12/12 2:35 AM
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Training Rick's borther?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.