UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Training horror stories

12/13/12 7:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tyrone sBong
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth_Vladar - I have seen a dude sprout a boner during a demonstration. Fuck that shit.
I was already laughing at the post above... And then this... Lol. Phone Post
12/13/12 7:41 AM
tommypatron
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We were doing live wrestling at the gym, and my training partner hit a double on me and drove me straight threw the wall. Bruised a couple of ribs on that one. Phone Post
12/13/12 8:06 AM
ya
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed for later.
12/13/12 8:33 AM
DreamerMMA
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

Accidently turned a kids ankle in a complete 360 while wrestling.  It shattered.  3 loud pops, I'll never forget that.

12/13/12 8:57 AM
Ryan Black
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tyrone sBong -
Darth_Vladar - I have seen a dude sprout a boner during a demonstration. Fuck that shit.
I was already laughing at the post above... And then this... Lol. Phone Post
LOL this!

A fart joke immediately followed by an inappropriate-boner-reference. Just in time IMO. Phone Post
12/13/12 5:42 PM
Nos24
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went to a Marcus Aurelio seminar, and on the very first drill which was kind of a deep half guard entry/single leg counter I broke my middle finger. I taped that bitch up and kept going. I didn't drive for 4 hours to miss out. Though I did pay the price by still having a gnarly finger.

Once in a regular class a guy dislocated a toe so badly that it was pointing at his face as he laid on the mat groaning. Luckily we had an ER Dr. at class that day who immediately popped it back into place and told the guy to quit being a pussy. To this day that guy still insists on sparring with one sock on.
12/13/12 6:01 PM
BeardedLesnar
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About a year or more ago a couple of thug wannabe guys came in and we were running drills between doing bag work, one of the guys takes off sprinting as fast as he can and stumbles and immediately blood is pouring out behind him. One of the instructors yells for me( I used to be a licensed nurse) to help. One of the gangsta kids caught his toe on the Matt and broke it and it was popping through the top of the toe. I yelled for towels and taped it up and sent him on his way lol

I didn't help him up I just told his other gangsta buddy to carry him out and take him to the hospital. I haven't seen him since Phone Post
12/13/12 6:19 PM
OG TANK BRO
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
12/13/12 6:23 PM
xxxxxxxx
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was once holding pads for a large Samoan dude during Muay Thai training. As we were drilling knees he miscalculated and hit me square in the groin full force.

I fell to the floor and put my hand down my shorts. When I pulled it out my hand had blood on it......

Turned out something had split but I kept training anyway. Couldn't jerk off for a couple of weeks but it healed. Still looks slightly wrong to this day but, by god it healed. Phone Post
12/13/12 6:29 PM
OhNo
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was sparring a week before a fight and going around 80% on the feet and 100% everywhere else. My partner shot a double on me and I put my rear leg back and lowered my hips. He is a little barrel chested dude that just powered through my leg and blew out my acl. at the time i thought my knee caved in from how it felt. I couldn't stop yelling "fuck" because i knew that whatever it was i'd have to pull out of my fight. The kickboxing class going on at the time just stared at me in silence for a good 5 minutes. i'm still recovering from this one.
12/13/12 6:32 PM
xxxxxxxx
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, did I just have a post removed about getting kneed on the groin?!?

There are pictures of exposed bones on this thread? Mod who removed my post is clearly retarded...... Phone Post
12/13/12 6:32 PM
xxxxxxxx

Nevermind - it's back now so clearly an iPhone issue..... Phone Post
12/13/12 7:32 PM
MountainMedic
553 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One night during open mat I decided I wanted to try and learn a flying arm bar. Shit, I had just read Camirillos book, I was damn near an expert already! Due to my incredible technique & my partners catlike reflexes (I of course failed to mention my plan to him) I somehow managed to clock him in the corner of his jaw with my ankle & we both crumpled to the floor, you could almost see the birds flying around his head cartoon style. I felt like an idiot. Luckily we were pretty tight and he laughed it off, but I got alot of "remember when you kicked me in the head for no good reason, dick?" over the next few years.

Another time - while rolling with a guy that I loved to train with (we were very equal, pushed each other well- he'd own me for a month, then id turn a corner and get better, which would push him... we did this for about a year). Well, out of the blue when I threw up a triangle, he full on/full power rampage slammed me! All of a sudden all I know is im in some kind of fight... I have no idea where I am, no idea who I am fighting. I pull the tightest closed guard of my life and try to figure out what happened. As I start to clear I recognized the flags on the wall & knew where I was but still didn't know what was happening. So I just kept rolling for 5 or so minutes til it finally hits me "this is fucking stupid!" I tap out, get my shit & bail.

I barely remember driving home, but I do remember feeling like the my truck was kind of sideways. Next thing I know im in my kitchen, its 3am, im still in my gear, & I have 3 separate meals started. Took me 2 days to get back to normal.
Next time I saw him and asked wtf he was thinking he said "I was really high & I honestly thought that you were going to give it up & when you didn't, well, it just sort of happened. Dick move, sorry".
NonFRAT - I got page slammed by a stoned 145er & lost about 8 hours of my life, & am lucky I didn't roll my truck & burn my place down.
I stopped rolling with that guy. Phone Post
12/13/12 9:50 PM
Dougie
904 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

escudo - I once heard an achilles tear.

one of the most unforgettable sounds I've ever heard.

When it tears it rolls up inside the calf like a window shade...

still gives me chills

lol

12/13/12 10:17 PM
sitchpack

Had a dude snap his knee in the club a few days ago, went for a throw on a heavy guy who didnt go over and his supporting leg shot diagonally forward as he collasped and snapped the knee.

Got a video somwhere, will try and find it. Phone Post
12/13/12 10:32 PM
sitchpack

Edited: 12/13/12 10:40 PM
Damn video embedding!
12/13/12 10:43 PM
sitchpack

https://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=m_notif¬if_t=group_activity&__user=522205466#!https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10152337601555183&refid=12 Phone PostDamn, so nasty
12/13/12 10:51 PM
reelrook
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Two chicks rolling in class, one a badass bluebelt the other a total newbie whitebelt. Just as I'm walking by on the edge of the mat I hear "POP...Shit!!!" WB chick was trying to pass guard and BB chick posted and snapped her own ankle in half. She just sat there and went "yep. it's broken." Was laughing and joking while her husband and another guy were splinting her leg and when they carried her out.
12/13/12 10:51 PM
OMGClayGuida

Well, this turned into a gore thread pretty quickly. Phone Post
12/13/12 11:22 PM
TelligmansTitties
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
12/14/12 2:07 AM
MountainMedic
553 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie -
escudo - I once heard an achilles tear.

one of the most unforgettable sounds I've ever heard.

When it tears it rolls up inside the calf like a window shade...

still gives me chills

lol

Ima say not lol

I've seen some "things", been around some "stuff".

A knot the size of a fist & a very "empty" looking calf is disturbing enough. Hearing what sounds like a bowling ball popped with an aluminum baseball bat is even weirder. Watching someone process those two things while coming to the conclusion that "oh shit, that was MY leg" is possibly the worst part. Look up icky, that's the definition.

Blech .... I'll take a horribly broken bone over that 8 days a week. Phone Post
12/15/12 1:07 AM
escudo
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One night during open mat I decided I wanted to try and learn a flying arm bar. Shit, I had just read Camirillos book, I was damn near an expert already! Due to my incredible technique & my partners catlike reflexes (I of course failed to mention my plan to him) I somehow managed to clock him in the corner of his jaw with my ankle & we both crumpled to the floor, you could almost see the birds flying around his head cartoon style. I felt like an idiot. Luckily we were pretty tight and he laughed it off, but I got alot of "remember when you kicked me in the head for no good reason, dick?" over the next few years. - Mountainmedic

For about three weeks I was the flying armbar dummy at the gym. I have very long arms so I could generally wrap my hand around their neck and and put them down real easy so nobody got hurt. Except of course for me. Everybody seriously fucks up their first few attempts, I've been kicked kneed scratched and generally made uncomfortable by this move more than any other.
12/15/12 2:12 AM
escudo
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A few years back we were sparring cage takedowns and I got high crotched in a place with ten foot ceilings and as I said I'm a tall guy, as he pulled my legs up I slashed my ankle open on the metal corner of a flouresant light fixture.

Sometimes it really sucks being tall.
4/15/13 6:56 AM
escudo

ttt
4/15/13 9:07 AM
Mitey Mouze

Geez, where to start? Tore my Achilles doing standup a few years ago...was just as terrible as previously described. There was a loud pop and sharp pain and I immediately fell. As I was looking around to see who kicked me (nobody did, but almost everyone who ruptures an Achilles feels this way) I realized I couldn't stand up. Then I started to realize what had happened :(. The recovery took forever.

Just a few weeks ago rolling, my partner went for a sweep and I posted with my right hand...the angle changed and my elbow inverted (think armbar with my weight and the other guy's supported on my right arm). Ruptured the joint capsule and avulsed part of the bone (tendon pulled a chip of the bone off). Was VERY painful, but actually is healing pretty fast. Starting to think these combat sports are too rough for this old dude :) Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.