UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Excited for Rousey fight?

12/11/12 9:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Altofsky
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone get excited to watch her fight? And if so, why?

I'm asking honestly because I'm curious.

I have the same problem with watching her as I did with watching Tito. You know exactly what's going to happen before the fight.

Every single Tito fight when he was dominating was exactly the same as the previous. Double leg, elbows from guard, attempt to pass, stay in guard, elbow some more. Repeat for 5 rounds or until otherwise notified.

Rousey's the same. Every single fight. Hip toss/takedown, armbar. Repeat ad nauseum.

How do you get excited for these types of fights when you already know what's going to happen?

I just don't get it. It's not dislike for Rousey, I just can't get all excited wondering, "OMG, I wonder how she's gonna get the armbar this time!"

12/11/12 9:59 AM
NotTheNoobURLooking4
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to guess that you didn't appreciate Royce Gracie's UFC fights.

12/11/12 10:05 AM
iamarealamerican
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just wanna see her photoshoots honestly, thats the only reason im 'excited' about womens mma, cant wait for mieshas inevitable 'ufc magazine behind the scenes video'
12/11/12 10:09 AM
JoeVIP
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotTheNoobURLooking4 - 

Like he was around to see Royce fight. Tuff Noob for sure.
12/11/12 10:09 AM
Don_Dada
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No it's nothing personal i'm just not a fan of WMMA. Can't wait for Hendo vs Machida though!
12/11/12 10:19 AM
Altofsky
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeVIP  - 
NotTheNoobURLooking4 - 

Like he was around to see Royce fight. Tuff Noob for sure.

Yeah, TUF noobs constantly get on LFC Radio and have chats with the late Ryan Bennett. Hell, find me a single TUF noob who even knows who Ryan was and what he meant to the sport.

I certainly did appreciate Royce's fights, but Royce didn't do the same thing every goddamn fight. You can't compare Royce's bout with Kimo against DeLucia.

With people like Rousey and Tito... it's the same damn thing ever time. Not just the same modus operandi, but the exact same thing all the way through to the outcome. Repetition that great becomes boring.

12/11/12 10:20 AM
Altofsky

So again, I pose the question... how does one get excited(for anything, not just a fight) when the outcome is already known?

12/11/12 10:21 AM
hubris
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's also the fact that she ragdolls all of her opponents like they were nothing
12/11/12 10:39 AM
Chris27

Yeah I'm interested in seeing how it comes off, how the crowd reacts and if she can continue her streak of first round armbars.

I think she will win and look good doing it, dont think its gonna be a great competitive fight but anytime she fights I am interested.

12/11/12 10:41 AM
CNewton317

Liz for the win!! Phone Post
12/11/12 10:43 AM
majikman
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no
12/11/12 10:44 AM
Out To Lunch
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To the OP,

I like to watch Rousey fight because she dominates. I will lose interest eventually if her competition does not improve.
12/11/12 10:45 AM
Mr Howard
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am but I am also a big judo supporter.  The idea that the fights are boring is a little dense. Her longest fight is still under 4 minutes.  If you cannot hold you attention for four minutes, you have a problem.

12/11/12 10:47 AM
Old noob
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well if you already know the outcome with 100% certainty, the question is why aren't you betting your life savings on her? Forget any cd's, bonds, or 401k's. This is THE guaranteed return on investment if you know what will happen.
12/11/12 11:03 AM
vincan469
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

meh
it is the same with any sport that has a womens division. skill level is high, technique, and exectuion is great but terribly hard to get any anticipation for it. like getting pumped for any womens sport be it basketball, hockey, or mma. since she has been so dominating it hardly makes it must see.
12/11/12 11:35 AM
T Bag

I like watching her fights. To be honest I'm not all that excited about the Carmouche fight because that seems like a major mismatch. Would rather see her versus Mcmann or cyborg
12/11/12 11:39 AM
Out To Lunch
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T Bag - I like watching her fights. To be honest I'm not all that excited about the Carmouche fight because that seems like a major mismatch. Would rather see her versus Mcmann or cyborg

Yes, some competitors that actually may have a chance. Maybe this is intentional though, to build her name first before giving her good comp.
12/11/12 11:42 AM
DWray
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Old noob - Well if you already know the outcome with 100% certainty, the question is why aren't you betting your life savings on her? Forget any cd's, bonds, or 401k's. This is THE guaranteed return on investment if you know what will happen.

Exactly.

Same reason I sat gasping at the screen during the main event of UFC 69. Everyone knew GSP was going to win.

Even though GSP dominated, it was still a good figh... oh, wait...
12/11/12 11:43 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will be watching that card for hendo/machida not rousey. So no im not excited but I will watch.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.