UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jon Jones 'totally not afraid' of Anderson Silva

12/11/12 11:39 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC Middleweight champion Anderson Silva is not a young man at age 37, and is looking for legacy fights. Of particular interest lately has been a potential superfight with UFC Welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, but GSP is apparently fighting Nick Diaz next.

So who is next for Anderson Silva?

Although Silva has not expressed a great desire to fight UFC Lightheavyweight champion Jon Jones, neither has he completely ruled it out.

In a recent interview, Jon Jones discussed a possible superfight with Anderson Silva.

“I think superfights are important for the sport, important for legacies," said Jones. "A desire to compete in one, I really don’t have it because I don’t desire to compete against anyone in particular."

“Unless someone comes and challenges me, I’m fine going on my merry way and competing against these light heavyweights.”

“Everything’s a possibility. I do believe that we’re put on this earth to think big and dream big, and not limiting ourselves, and fighting Anderson would be a definitely testament of my faith, and my warrior spirit."

“So who knows what will happen in the future.”

“I’m totally not afraid of Anderson. Not afraid of any man.”

Read entire article...

Jon Jones fights Chael Sonnen on April 27th in the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

12/11/12 11:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes he made it clear from the first time he addressed the topic in Gracie Magazine that he was very open to the fight. This was before AS called them "friends" and JBJ did not want to call out the smaller guy.
12/11/12 12:01 PM
rumble_fish
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a feeling if these two ever fight, it will be another changing of the garb type deal ending with Andy bloodied up. Andy is a technical genius but Bones has some serious athleticism with freak genetics and he's always getting better.
12/11/12 12:06 PM
Kimbos Bread
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whatever JBJ says he will do the opposite Phone Post
12/11/12 12:09 PM
torquemada
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is THE super fight I'd like to see. Much more than Anderson and GSP. Phone Post
12/11/12 12:14 PM
Malagant
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon Jones (2014 HW champion of the world). Beat the shit out of Chael, submit Anderson with elbows and then Fight JDS for the title.
12/11/12 12:20 PM
figure four

this is going to goad...Anderson Silva.

Now we will see what kind of principles he has.
Isn't this his main problem with his friends saying they are open to fight him?

Mark Munoz, Vitor Belfort, now Jon Jones...

Come on Silva get goaded... so we can see this fight.
12/11/12 12:24 PM
Poindexter
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS vs. Jones. Make it happen. 

12/11/12 12:52 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“Unless someone comes and challenges me, I’m fine going on my merry way and competing against these middleweights.”

Fixed Phone Post
12/11/12 1:06 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/11/12 1:07 PM
twitter = @theCyrildotcom

from "I'd never want to fight Anderson" to "fighting Anderson would be a definitely testament of my faith, and my warrior spirit" in less than a year?

wonder what made him change his mind a little?

12/11/12 1:22 PM
le

Malagant - Jon Jones (2014 HW champion of the world). Beat the shit out of Chael, submit Anderson with elbows and then Fight JDS for the title.
Agree with all except I think Cain beats JDS for the belt. Phone Post
12/11/12 1:23 PM
Authority Figure

Bored already. We berate fighters into taking matches. Phone Post
12/11/12 1:24 PM
GarlicSauce

Money talks. If the UFC can fork up enough cash, the two will agree.
12/11/12 1:25 PM
le

Cyril Jeff -

from "I'd never want to fight Anderson" to "fighting Anderson would be a definitely testament of my faith, and my warrior spirit" in less than a year?

Source for quoting "I'd never want to fight Anderson"? Phone Post
12/11/12 1:31 PM
mghan44
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  “Unless someone comes and challenges me, I’m fine going on my merry way and competing against these middleweights.”

Fixed Phone Post

Well, in all fairness he's competing against them as LHW's and it's not his fault that the smaller LHW's like Rashad, Shogun, and Lyoto are much better than the large ones like Forrest, Bonnar, and Vera.  Although the fact the UFC is putting him against Chael is absurd, especially with Gustaffson winning now 6 in a row with 2 being against Thiago and Shogun.

Plus, he already smashed 2 of the 3 "big" LHWs you listed.

Jones didn't make the fight with Chael, the UFC and the lame ass fans did.

Bader, Bonnar, Vera, Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Lyoto, Janitor, Hamill, Belfort.... How can you complain about that?
12/11/12 1:33 PM
SickEyeDiaz
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Considering his poor track record for telling the truth, I think he's lying about not being scared homie! Phone Post
12/11/12 1:39 PM
Lazer MMA

le - 
Cyril Jeff -

Source for quoting "I'd never want to fight Anderson"? Phone Post

Yea he did say that, after AS called them friends. From the start in Gracie Mag. he said he wanted the fight though, before AS called them 'friends'.
12/11/12 1:45 PM
chaplinshouse
786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i used to think he wasn't scared of andy but using JBJ math.  "totally not afraid" means "goddamn I'm fucking scared." 

12/11/12 1:53 PM
kostello

Jon Jones vs. Alistair Overeem is the only fight that makes sense.

Make it happen.

JBJ is afraid of no man smaller than him.
12/11/12 1:59 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both JBJ and Anderson seem more and more open to this.

12/11/12 2:04 PM
vaginal tear
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse -

i used to think he wasn't scared of andy but using JBJ math.  "totally not afraid" means "goddamn I'm fucking scared." 

Haha. Jon Jones = opposite man. Phone Post
12/11/12 2:29 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  “Unless someone comes and challenges me, I’m fine going on my merry way and competing against these middleweights.”

Fixed Phone Post

Well, in all fairness he's competing against them as LHW's and it's not his fault that the smaller LHW's like Rashad, Shogun, and Lyoto are much better than the large ones like Forrest, Bonnar, and Vera.  Although the fact the UFC is putting him against Chael is absurd, especially with Gustaffson winning now 6 in a row with 2 being against Thiago and Shogun.

I'm not saying it's his fault, but he's now fighting 2 opponents in a row that are middleweights and didn't even need a win at 205 to get their title shots. Phone Post
12/11/12 2:36 PM
ender852
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well if he's afraid of no man, i'd sure like to see a JBJ v Dos Santos superfight...

you know, if he fears no man.

12/11/12 2:41 PM
Lazer MMA

ender852 - 

well if he's afraid of no man, i'd sure like to see a JBJ v Dos Santos superfight...

you know, if he fears no man.

I think Hendo has a better chance and he said he'd take the fight. I had hope to see it but Mir filled in.
12/11/12 3:02 PM
TuLegit

Anderson would win. But itd be an epic battle. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.