UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> Wrist locks?

12/11/12 12:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chael Sonnen Money
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may be WFA, and if I am, can a mod please move. But my asshole ex "sensi" was demostrating wristlocks from a failed kimura to americana chain, and on me for the class,two weeks ago, and I felt something in my wrist click/pop, and I still hurts and clicks whenever I twist it, what should I do to handle this? Phone Post
12/12/12 9:39 AM
tswanson223

Need more details. Why is he an asshole? Why is he your "ex"? Then I will give you advice. Phone Post
12/12/12 10:56 AM
Chael Sonnen Money

tswanson223 - Need more details. Why is he an asshole? Why is he your "ex"? Then I will give you advice. Phone Post
Because he's injured me a couple times in the past, nothing big, but it kept me out for a week. And, he watched as another student broke my leg in a heel hook and didn't step in like I've seen in other schools, and he's my ex because a bigger and better gym opened up down the street for only $10 more a month Phone Post
12/15/12 11:17 PM
patches

i always thought wrist locks were cheap
6/14/13 12:14 PM
The Real Asian Cowboy
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. Get a splint

2. Either find a new gym, or tell your instructor to go lighter on the subs

3. People think wrist locks are cheap because they can't defend them as well as other subs. A wrist joint is just as large as an elbow joint. Learn to stay out of the situation.
6/14/13 2:17 PM
sfred
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love using wristlocks. I never explode on them though. It would be way to easy to hurt a training partner. Phone Post
6/19/13 1:00 PM
Dan Pagan
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Real Asian Cowboy - 1. Get a splint

2. Either find a new gym, or tell your instructor to go lighter on the subs

3. People think wrist locks are cheap because they can't defend them as well as other subs. A wrist joint is just as large as an elbow joint. Learn to stay out of the situation.
I agree, people feel wrist locks are cheap because they don't see them coming and have no defense.

VTFU Phone Post 3.0
7/23/13 3:53 PM
The Real Asian Cowboy
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's the faggot? The guy doing the wrist lock, or the one tapping to it?
7/23/13 8:14 PM
Dan Pagan
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Real Asian Cowboy - Who's the faggot? The guy doing the wrist lock, or the one tapping to it?
The one tapping...

Pure faggotry to think it can't happen,, even worse to never learn them! Phone Post 3.0
7/23/13 8:28 PM
Dan Pagan

TheRealGaff - Wrist lock? Ohh you mean the Faggot lock . -Kurt Osiander Phone Post 3.0
Known as the faggot lock for leaving the opponent with a broken, limp wrist.

Have you suffered this injury? Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 12:38 PM
The Real Asian Cowboy

Edited: 07/25/13 3:10 PM
He also says that he never goes for leg locks, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't go for the. Oh well. Can't convince everyone I guess. But if it works for ADCC Champs then I will learn and use them.
8/5/13 12:28 AM
e. kaye

Love them. 

Secret weapon.

Intimate knowledge of these makes opponents skittish to touch you.   If you touch  me, you are at risk of a wristlock.   Standing, kneeling or rolling.  Makes them think.

8/11/13 5:31 AM
Subzero90

Chael Sonnen Money - 
tswanson223 - Need more details. Why is he an asshole? Why is he your "ex"? Then I will give you advice. Phone Post
Because he's injured me a couple times in the past, nothing big, but it kept me out for a week. And, he watched as another student broke my leg in a heel hook and didn't step in like I've seen in other schools, and he's my ex because a bigger and better gym opened up down the street for only $10 more a month Phone Post

If you were in a heel hook you have the option to tap you know.  The onus is on you to rapid it gets tight, unless you are training with Paul Harris's twin then I suppose you may not have had time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.