UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> Monster novels?

12/11/12 5:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
j-money
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm looking for some monster novel recommendations...books with characters battling vampires, werewolves, and other monsters. I read Monster Hunter International, but I didn't really like it. I liked the concept just not the author's writing style.
12/13/12 8:37 PM
j-money
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody?
4/10/13 4:42 PM
MrMead
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dresdan Files by Jim Butcher

This series is my guilty pleasure. WWHD?
4/10/13 7:22 PM
j-money

I've seen that series mentioned several times, but I never really looked into it until now. Thanks for the recommendation.
4/10/13 8:01 PM
MrMead
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's 13 books in now, the first couple are more fun than anything. Once the bigger story starts to play out it really picks up. I am jealous you get to read them all for the first time. Enjoy if you give it a try.
4/24/13 7:36 PM
j-money

I'm about halfway through Storm Front, and it's been a fun read so far.
6/30/13 10:52 PM
Lynchman
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not so much monster, but supernatural: Richard Kadrey's Sandman Slim series is killer.
7/4/13 3:34 PM
BaldTony
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finished Storm Front last week. Started on Fool Moon today. Really enjoying them.
7/4/13 6:07 PM
MrMead

BaldTony - Finished Storm Front last week. Started on Fool Moon today. Really enjoying them.
It gets so much better once the bigger story starts to play out. Enjoy! Phone Post
8/8/13 12:52 AM
Keep if professional
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lynchman - Not so much monster, but supernatural: Richard Kadrey's Sandman Slim series is killer.

I second this recommendation.

Also check out Children of Hel by Von Ohlen. Vikings vs zombies!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.