UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Watching Kota Ibushi vs Kenny Omega

12/11/12 9:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tom Lawlor
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And wondering how the hell they survived! Probably the most insane spots I have ever seen in a non-gimmick match, maybe even gimmick matches included. Just nuts. Phone Post
12/11/12 9:50 PM
nipperusa
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
12/11/12 10:01 PM
grizz632
361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I generally always worry for Kota's well-being during his matches. He's unreal
12/11/12 10:46 PM
Tom Lawlor
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry, im on the phone. If u search on youtube it is their DDT Openweight title match from August...just unbelievable Phone Post
12/11/12 10:59 PM
grizz632
361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was the main event from DDT's Budokan show. One of my match of the year contenders for sure
12/11/12 11:00 PM
grizz632

Also, WWE completely missed the boat on Kenny Omega
12/12/12 12:32 AM
Tom Lawlor

Are we the only ones here who follow Puro? I'm not on your level but it seems no one else is on it like they should be :/ Phone Post
12/12/12 1:19 AM
grizz632

Nah, there's a few others around, stryfe and grady come to mind. I do what I can to try and spread the word on how great Puro can be, but I think the language barrier and the fact that some people find it hard to watch matches with wrestlers they aren't familiar with may keep alot of people from getting into it like they should. I'm really glad you posted this match, I'm going to start posting more full matches in the near future. Hopefully people will take the time and check it out. If a match like this doesn't get someone interested in Puro then there's little hope

I mentioned that this was on my match of the year contender list, and I'm going to post my current favorite match from this year on the Puro thread in a few minutes. It's not from NJPW or any of the other bigger companies, so you may not have seen it yet, but it's amazing. Give it a look, I'm curious to know what you think of it
12/12/12 8:56 AM
Tom Lawlor

How small of a company are we talking? I'm guessing something Strong BJ, or maybe even K-Dojo. Hell, what about Futen? You go smaller than that and I'm way lost. Phone Post
12/12/12 8:59 AM
Tom Lawlor

Never mind, just saw your post in the big thread, can't wait to check it out! Phone Post
12/12/12 10:15 AM
roninthebox
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As ive stated before i really dont know anything about wrestling thats not American big fed but who is kenny omega? he totally sells this for me best match ive seen in awhile Phone Post
12/12/12 11:05 AM
nipperusa
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks alot, great match! Phone Post
12/12/12 11:10 AM
grizz632

Omega used to be under a WWE developmental deal until he was released a few years back. He's worked all over the indys (ROH, PWG, etc) but he's been pretty much full time with DDT the last few years. Him and Ibushi are a regular tag team, the Golden Lovers, and they've worked a bunch for NJPW as well. They had an outstanding feud with Apollo 55 (Taguchi and Devitt) over the NJPW Jr. Tag championship. Omega was also the All Japan Jr. Champ recently. Phone Post
12/12/12 11:50 AM
TheDomester
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That match was wild, it made my neck spasm in a couple places.
12/12/12 4:04 PM
roninthebox
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grizz632 - Omega used to be under a WWE developmental deal until he was released a few years back. He's worked all over the indys (ROH, PWG, etc) but he's been pretty much full time with DDT the last few years. Him and Ibushi are a regular tag team, the Golden Lovers, and they've worked a bunch for NJPW as well. They had an outstanding feud with Apollo 55 (Taguchi and Devitt) over the NJPW Jr. Tag championship. Omega was also the All Japan Jr. Champ recently. Phone Post
Thanks this guy is like my new favorite Phone Post
12/12/12 4:28 PM
grizz632

I'm a big fan also. The DDT fans love him too, he speaks fluent Japanese Phone Post
12/12/12 7:28 PM
DowntownMB
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looks like a wrestler from the late 70s, wrestles like the Japanese from the late 90s and bumps like henning/michaels/ziggler.

How did the WWE miss this guy???
12/12/12 7:37 PM
grizz632

Wish I knew. They had him under contract working in the developmentals and never did anything with him. Baffling Phone Post
12/13/12 1:34 AM
bigwignj
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 of my favorites to watch Phone Post
12/14/12 2:44 PM
mudbone
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got to see Kenny vs. Shigehiro Irie when I was in Tokyo back in April. It was a good match. Kenny was massively over with the crowd.

My favorite match of his is the one with the little girl.
12/14/12 3:15 PM
grizz632

That was going to be the next one I posted, I'll toss it up when I get home from work Phone Post
12/14/12 3:54 PM
bigwignj
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about Kota vs the inflatable doll Phone Post
12/14/12 9:15 PM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kenny Omega is awesome. Big fan of his. Wish PWG did more with him after he won the Battle of Los Angeles a few years back.
12/14/12 10:22 PM
bruddahoodaman
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

most puro i watch is dragon gate, but i think i'll have to check out more ddt after watching that match. hadn't really watched since the ladder was champion. wild stuff.
12/14/12 11:15 PM
bigwignj

Speaking off DDT, even though he was more of an Osaka Pro guy. Here is a pic of Ebessan and myself kicking it.

Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.