UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ricci: TUF was 'an absolute nightmare'

12/11/12 11:52 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
927 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"TUF took a lot of what was left as far as humanity and remorse for this sport and people and kind of took it away," said Ricci. "[It] made me realize how much of this sport is just business."

Ricci, who trains at Montreal's famed Tri-Star gym, jumped up from lightweight and was the smallest fighter in the house during a welterweight season. He says that while he knew what he was getting into, the effects of the seclusion was more than he could have imagined.

"It was an absolute nightmare, I wanted to sue for psychological damage, I wasn't the same person," Ricci said. "I actually thought I had a case, ‘I'm not the same person, I can do this and win.' But, I felt like don't get me wrong, I knew what I was getting into I knew how I was going to react. Even some of the producers in the house toward the end were like, ‘Geez, you're the most institutionalized fighter we've ever seen, we've done 11 seasons and we've never seen anyone like you, you're like a robot now.'

read entire article...

12/12/12 12:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TX_432
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a nightmare to watch. Phone Post
12/12/12 12:11 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me sue bro! Phone Post
12/12/12 12:16 AM
rebel927
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I was taken away from my family and from my friends and from life, you literally, you vanish, you're gone, there's no sign of you whatsoever," Ricci continued. "And, things like for instance I didn't know what was happening with my people on the outside, it was upsetting, people had changed their hairstyle..."
12/12/12 12:17 AM
JoeRogan420

tldr: Mike Ricci almost had an emotional breakdown from lack of shopping.

12/12/12 12:17 AM
mmaattorney

I bet. I actually think he's pretty good. Phone Post
12/12/12 12:18 AM
Leghound
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So he knew what he was getting into and knew how he was going to react yet wanted to sue for psychological damage?? If he KNEW it was going to happen....
12/12/12 12:19 AM
ParadigmRaep
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeRogan420 - tldr: Mike Ricci almost had an emotional breakdown from lack of shopping.

lol
12/12/12 12:23 AM
Ludelow

GayGuardMooseSaucy -  Let me sue bro! Phone Post

LOL
12/12/12 12:32 AM
Seats Taken
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It couldn't have been easy on Rory either, being in the big city all alone. Phone Post
12/12/12 12:33 AM
aaronlynton
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a 55er? Phone Post
12/12/12 12:34 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

I think the Big Brother format sucks. Just do a season of Friday night fights like Strikeforce Challengers or Bellator.
12/12/12 12:36 AM
BENDOver 209 Top Team #1
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you imagine a show that treats these up and comers with respect? Nah, me neither.

12/12/12 12:56 AM
irishrottie
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

needs to learn some perspective.

12/12/12 12:58 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Hey why is GSP training with young men who look prepubescent -- e.g., Ricci and Rory? Phone Post
12/12/12 1:00 AM
ekiben
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah, he's a 55er. he got ko'd by pat curran, it's all over youtube. i remember in his post fight interview he talked about i've been on the wrong side of a ko or something, that was to bellator's featherweight champ. don't get me wrong, i think pat curran is a beast and totally underrated, so no shame in that, but it's hard to see any of this seasons fighters as a true prospect for ufc ww division.
12/12/12 1:02 AM
haqzore
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse -

Wow what an ungrateful spoiled little baby.  He gets to fast track his supposed dreams, spend 6 weeks in a mansion getting free worldclass training from Shane Carwin, Nate Marquardt, Pat Barry, Duane Ludwig, and Trevor Wittman.  Also free promotion to his "brand" by way of global tv.  Waaa! Waaa! I missed people's new hairstyles! Waaa!! I voluntarily watch the show, but OMG it's so hard! Yet I keep watching! Waaa! Someone get him his bottle

Very well stated Phone Post
12/12/12 1:03 AM
Soup and Beer
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But people had "changed their hairstyles!"  What's a girl supposed to do?

12/12/12 1:29 AM
Tyrone sBong
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I was taken away from my family and my friends and my life and my Rory and m... And my life." Phone Post
12/12/12 1:32 AM
kinson

haqzore -
chaplinshouse -

Wow what an ungrateful spoiled little baby.  He gets to fast track his supposed dreams, spend 6 weeks in a mansion getting free worldclass training from Shane Carwin, Nate Marquardt, Pat Barry, Duane Ludwig, and Trevor Wittman.  Also free promotion to his "brand" by way of global tv.  Waaa! Waaa! I missed people's new hairstyles! Waaa!! I voluntarily watch the show, but OMG it's so hard! Yet I keep watching! Waaa! Someone get him his bottle

Very well stated Phone Post
Remember when fighters from TUF weren't pussys? Phone Post
12/12/12 1:38 AM
mmavixen
1091 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soup and Beer - 

But people had "changed their hairstyles!"  What's a girl supposed to do?

LMCAO....Seriously.

12/12/12 1:40 AM
Utah get me two

Jesus, TriStar is cranking out the hipster MMA fighters at a frightening pace.
12/12/12 1:40 AM
JimmersonzGlove
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he should get some skinhead friends so he doesn't have to worry about their haircuts changing.

12/12/12 1:43 AM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes
928 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaattorney - I bet. I actually think he's pretty good. Phone Post
Future champ imo Phone Post
12/12/12 1:45 AM
MMAMAZ

I love Mike Ricci. Why all the hate lol? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.