UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who can u see beating bendo right now?

12/12/12 10:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say Cerrone and Pettis would have the best chance. They've both given him problems before. I guess Lauzon maybe because his style can beat anybody. Phone Post
12/12/12 11:24 AM
Don_Dada
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
BeatonHauff -
Stone17Wolf -
Danielthomas89 -  I don't know who could beat him right now. He is too well rounded and has I think the best cardio in the UFC. I'm curious who u guys think could beat him? Maybe pettis?? Phone Post

Pettis didn't beat him the first time they fought.....he just landed a stylish off the fence kick that wowed everyone and the judges gave him the decision because of it.

If they fight again, Benson dominates bell to bell and shows Pettis who is Boss.
Bro you even watch the fight? Phone Post
Lol. Fight was 2-2 heading into the fifth round and the kick that rocked and dropped Benson gave Pettis the round. That fight was awesome Phone Post
This. Would love to see this fight happen again! Phone Post
12/12/12 11:39 AM
Andersons_Chin
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think eddie Alvarez could give him a good fight. Phone Post
12/12/12 12:25 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Francesco Edgar beat him twice, Pettis beat him. J-Lau might be able to beat him, maybe Cowboy, I'd like to see Gunnar Nelson drop to 205

12/12/12 12:29 PM
SasquatchShaman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem
12/12/12 12:32 PM
Allen Hood

Hocky Balboa -

Lol.............. Phone Post
12/12/12 12:43 PM
Archer0545

Lauzon, pettis and cowboy all have a good chance. Phone Post
12/12/12 12:46 PM
TheJudge

To me it's Gil Melendez. Or used to be, I actually can't tell anymore since he never fights. I also hate to say it but the Cesar camp does not have a great record in title fights, so I guess I just proved my point wrong.

Maybe Stallone in Cobra, toothpick versus toothpick.
12/12/12 12:46 PM
jimbonice

Frankie Edgar. He should still have his belt. Phone Post
12/12/12 12:48 PM
Whambo
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Winston Wolf -
John Bugara - if bj penn came in top shape i think he could give him trouble... great takedown defense and i believe his striking is better than bendos as well. bj coming in prime form is a big if though.

u got to be kidding He is done
I hate to say it but Penn is just old and slow at this point Phone Post

Old slow, meanwhile the #1 p4p is 6 years older.

Just like Fedor was ancient at 33.

Hendo's in his 40's etc...

12/12/12 12:57 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
BeatonHauff -
Stone17Wolf -
Danielthomas89 -  I don't know who could beat him right now. He is too well rounded and has I think the best cardio in the UFC. I'm curious who u guys think could beat him? Maybe pettis?? Phone Post

Pettis didn't beat him the first time they fought.....he just landed a stylish off the fence kick that wowed everyone and the judges gave him the decision because of it.

If they fight again, Benson dominates bell to bell and shows Pettis who is Boss.
Bro you even watch the fight? Phone Post
Lol. Fight was 2-2 heading into the fifth round and the kick that rocked and dropped Benson gave Pettis the round. That fight was awesome Phone Post
This awesome back and forth Phone Post
12/12/12 1:03 PM
rosario00

Jose Aldo Phone Post
12/12/12 1:06 PM
TaeKwonBendoTopTeam623

Aldo and Frankie (who I thought beat him the 2nd fight) but other than that I'd say nobody,I'm not really a fan of Ben but I will admit he's fucking good and might have the best cardio In mma. Phone Post
12/12/12 1:14 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whambo - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Winston Wolf -
John Bugara - if bj penn came in top shape i think he could give him trouble... great takedown defense and i believe his striking is better than bendos as well. bj coming in prime form is a big if though.

u got to be kidding He is done
I hate to say it but Penn is just old and slow at this point Phone Post

Old slow, meanwhile the #1 p4p is 6 years older.

Just like Fedor was ancient at 33.

Hendo's in his 40's etc...

Really? Are people this ignorant?

Old as in his body and physically. Different fighters and athletes age differently. Guys like Silva and Hendo are unusual, not even close to the norm. It's pretty rare for athletes to continue at a high level into their 30's.

Nobody wonders what's wrong with Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens or Randy Moss because they aren't playing at a high level into their 40's like Jerry Rice did.

I guess the always negative mma fans will criticize guys for getting past their primes at age 33 after fighting for a dozen years rather than be amazed that some fighters can keep on going.
12/12/12 1:18 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

HolyAvengerP5 - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  I'd say Cerrone and Pettis would have the best chance. They've both given him problems before. I guess Lauzon maybe because his style can beat anybody. Phone Post

so you have seen ben vs cerrone fights or you haven't?

ben destroys pettis and cerrone. not sure if pettis or cerrone could even make it to a title shot

Yes I have seen them, many times. Pettis actually beat him once, and the first time Cerrone arguably beat Benson. Like I said they've given him problems before.

I'm not sure what you mean by even make it to a title shot. Pettis just headkicked Lauzon and has been right there for title shot ever since he came into the UFC, and Cerrone has been pretty darn good in the UFC as well. They're most likely fighting next month to determine the next top contender.
12/12/12 3:12 PM
Jaybrone
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

simonpe -
yellow's Tap In - Frank Edgar
This

twice... Phone Post
The second fight was close. But the first fight wasn't nearly as close as Frankie and his fans want to believe. Phone Post
12/12/12 3:52 PM
1800champagne

Chandler might give him a fight. Besides him, I'd say Frankie and Jose Aldo would have the best chance. I don't think Gil has anything for Benson. Phone Post
12/12/12 4:55 PM
Jaybrone
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People saying Frankie beat him twice are nuts. The first fight wasn't even that close. The second was extremely close and could have gone either way. Phone Post
12/12/12 6:34 PM
ender852
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone - 
simonpe -
This

twice... Phone Post
The second fight was close. But the first fight wasn't nearly as close as Frankie and his fans want to believe. Phone Post

agreed, second was close, but the first one was not.

12/12/12 10:54 PM
BJ_Penmanship
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's with all the Edgar nut huggers??
Yeah the 2nd fight was leaning toward him on points, but the first fight wasn't. There's no way it was close enough for a rubber match.
The OP question was about someone "Beating" Henderson... The only person Edgar has beaten in his last 6 fights was Gray Maynard. Who, by the way, would not beat Bendo. IMO

I think the current Ben has evolved more than Pettis, but if he's managed to keep up he could give him trouble.
Diego Sanchez movin back down could make a run and if he can beat a few guys with authority I'd say he could make a tough fight.
I would love to see Cerone and J-Lau both fight Bendo. Don't know how they'd do, but I still want to see those fights Phone Post
12/12/12 11:05 PM
ranier wolfcastle
838 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

those who say frankie beat bendo twice forget that bj beat frankie once by a large margin, that no idiot judge should miss

12/13/12 12:46 AM
ender852
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ_Penmanship -  What's with all the Edgar nut huggers??
Yeah the 2nd fight was leaning toward him on points, but the first fight wasn't. There's no way it was close enough for a rubber match.
The OP question was about someone "Beating" Henderson... The only person Edgar has beaten in his last 6 fights was Gray Maynard. Who, by the way, would not beat Bendo. IMO

I think the current Ben has evolved more than Pettis, but if he's managed to keep up he could give him trouble.
Diego Sanchez movin back down could make a run and if he can beat a few guys with authority I'd say he could make a tough fight.
I would love to see Cerone and J-Lau both fight Bendo. Don't know how they'd do, but I still want to see those fights Phone Post

Cerrone lost twice to Bendo and he lost to the guy that Henderson just comepletely dominated for five rounds

12/13/12 12:48 AM
Chris27

Gilbert, Pettis, Maynard, Alvarez, Edgar and Chandler.

Those are really the only guys who have a chance.
12/13/12 12:55 AM
Jeon Sa

FE Phone Post
12/13/12 2:01 AM
keylockarmbar

Aldo- if/when he move up has the best chance of being the champion no matter who has the belt. Hes got the specific problems you have to plan for no matter who you are

Maynard- I believe hes too slow. Hes got ok power but remember he had Frankie dead to rights 2 or 3 times and couldn't put him away. As much as I credit Mr.Edgar for being tough as a hookers vagina(its a compliment I swear) if Gray had better punching power he would've been champ. I think he gets out hustled much like Frankie did to him.

Lauzon- I speak up for my people. Joe has the finishing ability to contend with anyone and shock anyone on any given night.

Diego Sanchez- say what you want about him he has the tank to hang with Ben and is a naturally bigger guy. If Sanchez can do well when he returns this might be a fun fight

Cerrone- remember rampage/wand? Don't count out cowboy. He has been a better fighter lately and I think fighting six times in a year will make anyone wear down which I feel happened with Diaz. Not saying it cost him the fight but I think he could've done better.

Melendez- Probably second in line for the title if Pettis gets by Cowboy. If Showtime falls to Cerrone then I think Melendez gets it. Melendez gets great extention on his punches with already long arms. watch how far he reaches when he punches. So i give him the edge in power while Ben edges out in speed. the ground game will go to the guy in top position and this one I feel will be a battle of sprawls with Gil being slightly better and edging out a decision.

I feel like I'm forgetting someone

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.