UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mitrione is going to take out Nelson

12/12/12 5:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mghan44
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been an admitted Mitrione nuthugger since TUF but I seriously do think he is going to win this fight. He is the most purely athletic fighter on the UFC roster, has good reach, accurate strikes and a tough chin.

I think his strength and his experience at Blackzilians will give him enough to keep it on the feet where he will outbox Roy.

This will be a coming out party for Mitrione, not as a title contender but as a relatively high level UFC heavyweight. I have nothing to gamble, but if Nelson wins anyone can come back on here and say "you're a moron and know nothing about MMA"
12/12/12 5:14 AM
mghan44
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Before anyone comments, I meant to write purely athletic HEAVYWEIGHT fighter on the UFC roster.
12/12/12 5:24 AM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/12/12 5:24 AM

I hope he does, Nelson is getting more annoying everyday.

12/12/12 5:28 AM
Winteriscold
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im a meathead fan but the kongo fight showed his inexperience and i just don't think he would of improved enough to get past roy , i think it could be close but i think roy wins this
12/12/12 5:29 AM
redrum85
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -

Agreed but damn, wish it was Carwin smashing him Phone Post
12/12/12 5:31 AM
jiujitsu111

yea he is getting more and more annoying. but Matt has to really KO big country otherwise he will think he won even if he gets his face beat up for a few rounds. Remember on Dana's vlog he though he won that fight with Fabricio. Lol. Hard to improve as a fighter when you can't objectively look at your skill set. Phone Post
12/12/12 6:18 AM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If can stop the takedowns I'd say he's got z chance. Pretty big if tho, dude has sons weak grappling Phone Post
12/12/12 6:33 AM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

redrum85 - 
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -

Agreed but damn, wish it was Carwin smashing him Phone Post

Ditto, Carwin would have destroyed him.

12/12/12 6:44 AM
Hikikomori

If Nelson can get Matt down it's done dadda. Phone Post
12/12/12 7:04 AM
btx35
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy is gonna put Matt to sleep.
12/12/12 7:09 AM
in_different
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think mitrione is good. He will have to use his speed and show improved boxing to overcome Roy. Stay away from the trapping and the big right hand. Tough matchup but he can do it.

As for athletic heavyweights... no, he is not the most athletic. Dos Santos is faster and stronger. Has better reflexes. Just a better athlete. Cain has far better cardio, is just as quick and seems to pick up mma better. Those are the top 2, mitrione just isn't on that level
12/12/12 8:59 AM
mghan44

in_different - I think mitrione is good. He will have to use his speed and show improved boxing to overcome Roy. Stay away from the trapping and the big right hand. Tough matchup but he can do it.

As for athletic heavyweights... no, he is not the most athletic. Dos Santos is faster and stronger. Has better reflexes. Just a better athlete. Cain has far better cardio, is just as quick and seems to pick up mma better. Those are the top 2, mitrione just isn't on that level

I absolutely think that Matt is a better PURE athlete than JDS or Cain. They are athletes with skill sets better suited for MMA.

What I mean by pure athlete is that I think Matt could grab a basketball, baseball, football (obviously), soccer ball etc etc etc and excel. He just moves around very naturally and light footed and has great coordination. I don't think JDS or Cain are in that category of being well rounded pure athletes, they are just really well suited for combat sports.

Like I said, this doesn't mean he is the best suited for MMA, but having those natural athletic abilities does help.
12/12/12 9:07 AM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course he's going to beat Roy
He's juiced to the gills ;) Phone Post
12/12/12 9:12 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aleck911 - Of course he's going to beat Roy
Jesus.. Really? Because he doesn't sign up for VADA, a $50K fee, and this fight is late notice.

I understand where Nelson is coming from and wanting to make the sport better but insinuating that Mitrone is juicing ane out of line. I'm hoping Nelson gets smashed then laugh once they both pass the drug test Phone Post
12/12/12 9:14 AM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x -
Aleck911 - Of course he's going to beat Roy
Jesus.. Really? Because he doesn't sign up for VADA, a $50K fee, and this fight is late notice.

I understand where Nelson is coming from and wanting to make the sport better but insinuating that Mitrone is juicing ane out of line. I'm hoping Nelson gets smashed then laugh once they both pass the drug test Phone Post
See the winky face?
That indicates sarcasm Phone Post
12/12/12 9:42 AM
TheHaunted2

Nope, overhand right ko, just like the rest, people know its coming but cant do nothing about it Phone Post
12/12/12 11:11 AM
big_josh
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori -  If Nelson can get Matt down it's done dadda. Phone Post

Yup. I think Nelson will take him down and just hold him down and hit him a few times. Like Nelson did with Kimbo, except Mitrione will be smart enough to stay out of the crucifix.

12/12/12 11:19 AM
GarlicSauce

I love Meathead, but I don't see any way he can beat Roy. Roy not only has BJJ, but his chin is made of basalt and his fists pack bombs.
12/12/12 11:25 AM
easymfe

Roy via dec. I actually picked him over Carwin due to his chin and Shane possibly gassing and getting laid on in a 5 round fight. Phone Post
12/12/12 11:42 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy gets the KO early in the 1st
12/12/12 11:44 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Mitrione wins but I don't think he will
12/12/12 11:46 AM
ABE FROMAN

LOL, no.

12/12/12 12:02 PM
neddiaz

i think its very possible for mitrione to win a decision if he boxes him, moving in and out. however, he will need to bring back the footwork he had against morecraft, hague and beltran. he cant be flatfooted like he was against kongo
12/12/12 12:05 PM
AndersonGOAT > Bisping
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy by ko

12/12/12 12:13 PM
sgotwalks
861 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/12/12 12:15 PM

Hey OP! There is a fight out there between JDS and Roy, you should watch it sometime. Then you will realize how silly you sound claiming Nelson will be taken out by Matt, unless you are talking about dinner. At some point between 2008 and now Big Country had a titanium plate installed in his cranium.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.