UnderGround Forums

MMA Writer UnderGround >> Working on my baseball book.....

12/12/12 7:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GracieDisc
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got my treatment confirmation back from the WGA, so I'm safe to post the premise here:

An overweight baseball fan, Jimmy Miller receives a 40th birthday gift from his wife - a week-long pass to his favorite team's Fantasy Camp. While at Fantasy Camp, it is discovered that Jimmy is an amazing hitter. Problem is, Jimmy cannot hit a curve ball. But he impresses the team so much that they sign him to a one year deal, hoping to cure his curve ball problem and make him their "secret weapon" and make it to the World Series. Jimmy spends an entire season with the team as their new savior, with the entire City and fan base falling in love with him. He befriends the team's new ace, a fatherless 18 year old named Timmy Piedmont aka "The Kid" - the Gatorade High School player of the year with the 105mph fastball. Throughout the season, Jimmy mentors The Kid as a father figure while The Kid teaches Jimmy the intricacies of pitching...and how to hit a curve ball. A month before the playoffs, The Kid is traded to the American League, breaking both Jimmy's and The Kid's heart. They vow to remain close throughout the rest of the season. When Jimmy's and The Kid's teams make the playoffs, a World Series showdown between the beloved friends looms on the horizon.

I just sent out an email to the PR people from our local minor league team asking if I could spend a day with them and interview players and coaches about techniques and operations.

I'm about 1/3 through the book, but am stuck on a lot of technical things that I just don't know about. I'll try to keep this thread alive as I progress through the book. Keep your fingers crossed for me, fellow writers.
1/18/13 11:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GracieDisc
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quick update - I'll be spending a couple of days with the Minnesota Twins next month to talk baseball with the coaches, players and minor league director of baseball ops when they arrive for Spring Training. Got a personal invite on Wednesday night from the Director to spend some time and gather a few interviews.

I am beyond stoked.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.