UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Sit em start em week 15 (playoffs)

12/12/12 9:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Caleb
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

For some of you this is the first round of your playoffs and for others this is the second round of the playoffs. I had a first round bye so this is my second round of the playoffs. Bring your questions.... and please vote me up if you like my responses. 

12/12/12 11:16 AM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had a bye last week as well and well ran into some injury problems with RG3 and Dez.

With that said who to go with at QB: Romo Luck or RG3 personally I am leaning towards RG3 if he can go.

As for Dez seems like he could play but if he doesnt do I go Blckmon or harris.

Finally for my rb flex do I stick with Ridley against a tough niners d or go with Bradshaw David Wilson or Forsett.

Thanks
12/12/12 1:02 PM
Caleb
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/12/12 1:03 PM
Gracie killar - Had a bye last week as well and well ran into some injury problems with RG3 and Dez.

With that said who to go with at QB: Romo Luck or RG3 personally I am leaning towards RG3 if he can go.

As for Dez seems like he could play but if he doesnt do I go Blckmon or harris.

Finally for my rb flex do I stick with Ridley against a tough niners d or go with Bradshaw David Wilson or Forsett.

Thanks

I also have Dez on my team so it sucks for me too.. but I have a lot of depth at WR so I just plugged in Danario Alexander who has been on fire lately. I personally think Dez will play Sunday and out of your options, you should roll with Dez. If he doesn't play I would go with Blackmon. 

Romo vs. RG3 is tough too. I would have to go Romo at home vs. a Pitt team that just gave up 34 points to a bad Chargers team. This would remove any doubt with the RG3 injury as well. He could get hit one time in that Browns game and reinjure himself. Too much risk. 

I have Wilson on my team and if Bradshaw can't play I'm going with Wilson. If I had Ridley I would play him ahead of Wilson. So for you, I would go Ridley. 

12/12/12 1:24 PM
EO619
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb...I really need your help this week. I hate to ask for so much advice, but I need this win!

Here's my team...who would you start?

WR: L. Fitzgerald vs DET, L. Moore vs TB, C. Johnson @ ARI, T. Smith vs DEN (Start 3)
RB: D. Murray vs PIT, F. Gore @ NE, M. LeShoure @ ARI (Start 2)
FLEX: The best player that's left out of the non starting WR/RB

Thanks for the help! VU
12/12/12 3:13 PM
Caleb

EO619 - Caleb...I really need your help this week. I hate to ask for so much advice, but I need this win!

Here's my team...who would you start?

WR: L. Fitzgerald vs DET, L. Moore vs TB, C. Johnson @ ARI, T. Smith vs DEN (Start 3)
RB: D. Murray vs PIT, F. Gore @ NE, M. LeShoure @ ARI (Start 2)
FLEX: The best player that's left out of the non starting WR/RB

Thanks for the help! VU

E0619, 

Don't just take my advice and start everyone I'm suggesting. I'm just here to try and help you but ultimately the decision is up to you. If this was my team, below is who I would start.  Thx for the VU.. just voted you up as well. Glad you have made it this far in your season! 

WR

Lance Moore

Chris Johnson

T. Smith

RB

Murray

Mikel  (Has has 7 td's on the year and is playing against a team that Lynch ran wild on)

Flex- Frank Gore

12/12/12 11:09 PM
Scott Rotem
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Caleb--

I wanna start Freeman (@NO) over Big Ben (@ Dal) this weekend right?
12/13/12 7:07 AM
Caleb

Scott Rotem - Hey Caleb--

I wanna start Freeman (@NO) over Big Ben (@ Dal) this weekend right?
Yes. NO's defense is pretty bad. Phone Post
12/13/12 8:25 AM
Johnny Fatz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

standard scoring pick 2

Ridley vs SF
Leshoure @ ARI
Bryce Brown vs CIN
Darren McFadden vs KC
Darren Sproles vs TB
12/13/12 10:25 AM
Caleb

Johnny Fatz - standard scoring pick 2

Ridley vs SF
Leshoure @ ARI
Bryce Brown vs CIN
Darren McFadden vs KC
Darren Sproles vs TB

This is pretty tough. I'm just going to rank these guys where I think they are this week and you can decide. 

1. Leshoure (Playing against horrible defense)

2. Mcfadden (Playing against horrible defense)

3. Ridley (Tough defense but this guy can still produce vs. a tough defense as seen Monday)

4. Bryce Brown (This guy could tear it up or do nothing.. too risky, especially on a Thursday night game)

5. Darren Sproles (Playing agains the #1 run defense in the NFL)

12/13/12 3:54 PM
NastyNarwhal
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need an opinion on my line-up. Non-ppr.

WR - Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Steve Smith(Pick 2)

RB - Alfred Morris, Darren McFadden, Stvan Ridley, David Wilson(Pick 2)

Flex - Whoever is left from the above list.

Thanks and voted up!
12/13/12 5:21 PM
Caleb

NastyNarwhal - I need an opinion on my line-up. Non-ppr.

WR - Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Steve Smith(Pick 2)

RB - Alfred Morris, Darren McFadden, Stvan Ridley, David Wilson(Pick 2)

Flex - Whoever is left from the above list.

Thanks and voted up!

This is who I would go with.. but please, go with your gut. VU for you too! 

WR Welker & Steve Smith 

RB Morris & Mcfadden

Flex- Wilson -Only if Bradshaw doesn't play. If Bradshaw plays then I would go with RIdley instead. 

12/14/12 6:00 PM
Caleb

Man I have a tough one. I'm leaning towards Wilson because Atl has a poor run defense. 

David Wilson (Ahmad Bradshaw is out)

Or

Knowshon Moreno

12/15/12 10:06 AM
Johnny Fatz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb - 

Man I have a tough one. I'm leaning towards Wilson because Atl has a poor run defense. 

David Wilson (Ahmad Bradshaw is out)

Or

Knowshon Moreno

Wilson. ATL has horrible tackling.
12/15/12 10:08 AM
Johnny Fatz

Josh Freeman @ NO
or Aaron Rodgers @ CHI

Note: I have Vincent Jackson but he has Randall Cobb and Mike Williams. I don't know if that influences your decision at all.
12/15/12 7:03 PM
Caleb

Johnny Fatz - Josh Freeman @ NO
or Aaron Rodgers @ CHI

Note: I have Vincent Jackson but he has Randall Cobb and Mike Williams. I don't know if that influences your decision at all.
I'm in a similar position and I'm going with Rodgers even though he hasn't played great lately. Chicago's defense is really weak right now. No Tillman or Urlacher and some other guys are hurt too.

Josh has a good matchup but I couldn't live with myself starting him over Rodgers. Phone Post
12/15/12 7:17 PM
Johnny Fatz

Caleb - 
or Aaron Rodgers @ CHI

I'm in a similar position and I'm going with Rodgers even though he hasn't played great lately. Chicago's defense is really weak right now. No Tillman or Urlacher and some other guys are hurt too.

Josh has a good matchup but I couldn't live with myself starting him over Rodgers. Phone Post

Thanks man. Voted up.

I should have listened to you about Bryce Brown I took the risk and started him and I am now seriously regretting it.
12/15/12 7:21 PM
sicko
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb, I need some help on this one, I keep going back and forth and can't make up my mind. Carson Palmer or Russell Wilson? ...and yes, they're the best two QBs available to me in the league.

So various analysts are saying Carson Palmer is the king of junk time, and it's true, a lot of his fantasy value comes after the game is decided and the opposing defense is slacking some. Chances are this game with KC isn't going to be one sided for that to happen.

As for Russell Wilson, he's been playing great, but Buffalo's defense has been playing much better against the pass than people give them credit for. Going back through the past five weeks, the best QB performance against Buffalo was Tom Brady who had ~230 yards and 2 TDs. The other four QBs were kept to around 200 yards or less and 1 TD.

I made the playoffs in all four leagues that I'm in, and I'd really like to make the finals in all four as well. But to do that in this league I need to pick the right QB, and I just keep going back and forth on which one of them I should start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

12/15/12 7:21 PM
Johnny Fatz

Are you sure about no Tillman? I heard he is probable to play.
12/15/12 7:32 PM
Johnny Fatz

and I know Malcolm Jenkins is out for the Saints and they rank second to last in pass D behind Tampa Bay and last time they played Freeman had 30 points.

I think the TB/NO game is a shoot out and the GB/CHI could be a defensive struggle with bad weather. But I drafted Aaron #1 overall.

This decision has been eating at me since I knew I would make the playoffs.
12/15/12 7:46 PM
Caleb

Johnny Fatz -
Caleb - 
or Aaron Rodgers @ CHI

Thanks man. Voted up.

I should have listened to you about Bryce Brown I took the risk and started him and I am now seriously regretting it.
It was hard for me to bench him myself. But I also had Rice, Charles, Wilson, and Moreno. Brown was just too risky. Phone Post
12/15/12 7:58 PM
Johnny Fatz

sicko - Caleb, I need some help on this one, I keep going back and forth and can't make up my mind. Carson Palmer or Russell Wilson? ...and yes, they're the best two QBs available to me in the league.

So various analysts are saying Carson Palmer is the king of junk time, and it's true, a lot of his fantasy value comes after the game is decided and the opposing defense is slacking some. Chances are this game with KC isn't going to be one sided for that to happen.

As for Russell Wilson, he's been playing great, but Buffalo's defense has been playing much better against the pass than people give them credit for. Going back through the past five weeks, the best QB performance against Buffalo was Tom Brady who had ~230 yards and 2 TDs. The other four QBs were kept to around 200 yards or less and 1 TD.

I made the playoffs in all four leagues that I'm in, and I'd really like to make the finals in all four as well. But to do that in this league I need to pick the right QB, and I just keep going back and forth on which one of them I should start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'd go Russell Wilson. He is a threat running the ball and is just as good as a passer if not better. The defenses there playing are equally awful.

It seems Carson makes much more errant throw than Wilson even though Wilson is the rookie. The only thing that Carson has going for him over Wilson is that he is playing at home. Wilson's numbers are much better when he is at home than they are when he is away.
12/15/12 8:04 PM
Caleb

Johnny Fatz - Are you sure about no Tillman? I heard he is probable to play.

I meant Tim Jennings, not Tillman. Tillman is playing. Josh Freeman is certainly a good play this week and it will probably be a shootout type game. With that said, nobody in their right mind would play Freeman over Rodgers. Freeman can also wig out and play a crappy game. You will either look like a genius or an idiot. The safe play here is Rodgers. Rodgers always does good against Chicago.. Not yardage wise but TD wise. Last 2 games against Chicago he has thrown for 8 touchdowns. 

At this stage in fantasy you take the safe bet and Rodgers is the safe bet. This is just my opinion man and I'm personally playing Rodgers too. If you think Freeman is going to light it up, then roll with him. 

12/15/12 8:19 PM
Johnny Fatz

Caleb - 
Johnny Fatz - Are you sure about no Tillman? I heard he is probable to play.

I meant Tim Jennings, not Tillman. Tillman is playing. Josh Freeman is certainly a good play this week and it will probably be a shootout type game. With that said, nobody in their right mind would play Freeman over Rodgers. Freeman can also wig out and play a crappy game. You will either look like a genius or an idiot. The safe play here is Rodgers. Rodgers always does good against Chicago.. Not yardage wise but TD wise. Last 2 games against Chicago he has thrown for 8 touchdowns. 

At this stage in fantasy you take the safe bet and Rodgers is the safe bet. This is just my opinion man and I'm personally playing Rodgers too. If you think Freeman is going to light it up, then roll with him. 

Thanks for your advice man. I am seriously still 50/50 on this one. Chicago has given up the least amount of fantasy points to QB's on the year and New Orleans have given up the most. I already started Brown so I think I might Freeman just because he has more upside.
12/15/12 8:20 PM
Caleb

sicko - Caleb, I need some help on this one, I keep going back and forth and can't make up my mind. Carson Palmer or Russell Wilson? ...and yes, they're the best two QBs available to me in the league.

Sicko, 

I understand why you are struggling with this one, it's a hard decision but I would go with Carson Palmer at home vs. KC. Neither one of these teams have a defense and as much as Oakland sucks, KC is even worse. Carson should be able to throw the ball all over them. I could see him throwing for 250+ yards and 2 td's. 

With that said, please don't just listen to me.. you got this far by making the right decisions so go with your gut. Good luck, really pulling for you. I hope we all win and go on to the championship game in our leagues. 

12/15/12 8:25 PM
Johnny Fatz

Johnny Fatz - 

I'd go Russell Wilson. He is a threat running the ball and is just as good as a passer if not better. The defenses there playing are equally awful.

It seems Carson makes much more errant throw than Wilson even though Wilson is the rookie. The only thing that Carson has going for him over Wilson is that he is playing at home. Wilson's numbers are much better when he is at home than they are when he is away.

If Sidney Rice is out go with Carson Palmer.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.