UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit to MacDonald: I'm in

12/12/12 12:30 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Following his destruction of B.J. Penn last Saturday night (Dec. 8, 2012) at the UFC on FOX 5 event, which emanated from the KeyArena in Seattle, Washington, MacDonald called out Carlos Condit during his post-fight interview, asking for the opportunity to avenge his technical knockout (TKO) loss to the former World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) kingpin back in June 2010.

When he was just 20 years old.

That's fine with Condit, who likely lost the first two rounds of their previous encounter before roaring back in the final frame to steal the fight with just seconds remaining. His response to the gang at UFC Tonight when learning of the challenge? "I'm in."

Short and to the point.

read entire article...

12/12/12 12:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PJ Benn Fan
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have really come to appreciate Carlos's overall attitude.

Pure fighter. Pure class!

12/12/12 12:35 PM
MexiCain AmeriCain
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR NBK! Phone Post
12/12/12 12:38 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

condit is the fucking man!  

12/12/12 12:39 PM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really calling Condit out is a dangerous move IMO. If he does lose to Condit that would be the second time. Hard to get to the title anytime soon at all under those conditions.

12/12/12 12:40 PM
UGCTT_Blake
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
Really calling Condit out is a dangerous move IMO. If he does lose to Condit that would be the second time. Hard to get to the title anytime soon at all under those conditions.

I don't think him and GSP are willing to fight each other. Phone Post
12/12/12 12:43 PM
Gin Tonic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in.
12/12/12 12:43 PM
GSPGOAT331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -

Yea buddy! Nbk 4 life! Phone Post
12/12/12 12:44 PM
bruised
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know or care who wins this, as I like both. However, this rematch would be completely and utterly amazing. Should be 5 rounds, just in case!! Phone Post
12/12/12 12:45 PM
SignsOfChaos
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Rory is all that close to a title shot anyway. He's looked impressive to be sure but there's guys ahead of him that he needs to beat to get a title sniff and Carlos is one of the top guys at WW that he would have to beat. He looked great against Penn but that's the thing....it was Penn.

I think a fight between him and Condit has the potential to be a very tight back and forth gruel out. Phone Post
12/12/12 1:05 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -

Ye he is, and IMO beats Rory again, this time in impressive fashion. Phone Post
12/12/12 1:06 PM
thedirtyburger

Rory has got this. He has improved a great deal since there first fight. Rory grinds out a decision Phone Post
12/12/12 1:12 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First fight was HIGHLY entertaining, both guys have too much to lose now though so I doubt it will live up to the first one.

12/12/12 1:12 PM
El Gappo
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The first fight for those who never saw it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40DZKndiM4

Both have gotten a lot better, can't wait for it.
12/12/12 1:16 PM
xXJayRobXx
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just can't wait to see this match purely because its an opportunity to see how the fighters will perform, years later, under similar conditions and to see how much they have advanced in their techniques. It's always interesting to see how fighters develop. I love mma. Phone Post
12/12/12 1:20 PM
neddiaz

I think condit is going to whoop him
12/12/12 1:26 PM
Standup29

That fight was a long time ago in MMA years! Lol

But seriously, Rory not only has gotten a lot better since they first fought but he is also matured as a fighter. He was winning that fight and if I remember correctly he was able to hurt Condit.

Condit for his part has proved he is always dangerous and has beaten some tough guys. And that includes Rory. Carlos is also bigger than he was back then. His striking has also improved a lot!

This fight will deliver for on simple reason, history. Condit needs to prove his win wasn't luck and Rory wants revenge. Phone Post
12/12/12 1:26 PM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

Can someone remind me of the first fight? Who was winning before the KO? Phone Post
12/12/12 1:27 PM
ortman166

Rory doesn't gas this time Phone Post
12/12/12 1:27 PM
PJ Benn Fan
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Leben is a Zombie -  Can someone remind me of the first fight? Who was winning before the KO? Phone Post

IIRC rory was up 2 round to 0 on most peoples scorecards.

12/12/12 1:28 PM
alkysmurf
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit is securely in the top 5 of the division. A win over bj and Carlos could easily justify a tittle shot if the ufc wanted. However there are still more deserving in the division, but in a bind it would do.

I predict if :

Rory wins over condit, gsp win or lose vs nick vacates and fights anderson

If Rory loses, gsp sticks to 170 for awhile longer. Phone Post
12/12/12 1:29 PM
me101
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightermindset.com, Owner

Great move by Condit, 

The Diaz fight cost him some fans and he'll pick up a lot of support for this fight due to Rory's current persona. 

Hope it happens!

12/12/12 1:34 PM
TheKidAintMine
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PJ Benn Fan - 

I have really come to appreciate Carlos's overall attitude.

Pure fighter. Pure class!

Yup.

I was cheering for Rory the first time they fought, now I hope Condit knocks Rory clean the fuck out. When this happens, I hope they pan to a screaming crying Mike Ricci...Rocky 4 style!
12/12/12 1:40 PM
StrikeforceSupporter

Rory smashes Condit fairly easily this time, and everyone else in the div. Rory is the epitome of what an MMA fighter is supposed to be - dude's a beast.
12/12/12 1:41 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Rory is talented and athletic enough to copy GSP's blueprint and shut out Condit.

alkysmurf has it right. Rory beats Condit and GSP beats Diaz. Then its Anderson vs GSP and Rory vs Hendricks for the interim title on the same card.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.