UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit to MacDonald: I'm in

12/12/12 3:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow's Willin
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Rory will fight with too much emotion in the rematch considering how bitter he seems to be. Condit will win by keeping his natural born killer cool demeanor. Phone Post
12/12/12 3:21 PM
GSPGOAT331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fact is, Condit did more damage in the final 2m30s than Rory did in 2 rounds.

12/12/12 3:23 PM
BradGluckman
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire -  Rory will kill condit this time cause only young up and coming fighters can evolve their game.
// UG Phone Post

Agree I mean clearly Carlos at 28 is way past his prime

12/12/12 3:26 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

khaynes21 - Rory was not winning that last fight by any means. All 3 rounds were very close.
These two are so evenly matched, it is crazy.

Rory clearly took the first two rounds, but even if the ref hadn't stopped it... round 3 was very possiblly a 10-8. Draw.
12/12/12 3:29 PM
Foos
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPGOAT331 -  All those shots did was fracture both of his orbitals. Definitely not devastating right?

Right? Phone Post

Actually, no orbitals were fractured.
12/12/12 3:43 PM
jonnierockets20
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First off, Condit vs whoever...Audience wins.

Secondly, Condit vs Rory...Condit wins, and

Lastly, Condit vs Chuck Norris...TBD

Bottom line is Carlos Condit will always be a champion, belt or no belt, there are some guys who are recognized as a champion because of their pure nature.
12/12/12 3:48 PM
Farewell Brock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm thrilled for this rematch, easily 2 of my fav fighters. Their first fight was one of the most exciting fights ive seen. Phone Post
12/12/12 3:52 PM
sunnyKO'd my SN
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -
fapout -
Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -  Alright, I can get back to rooting for Condit now that this gsp fight has passed.

I think Carlos would beat him again, fairly dominating this time around. Phone Post

no way, dude
Just my opinion, man Phone Post
That's just like his opinion man. Phone Post
12/12/12 4:21 PM
MrSmiff
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First fight would have been a draw if the ref didn't stop it. 

Second fight Rory wins a decision imo - I don't think he'll stop CC.

Can't wait

12/12/12 4:26 PM
crazyea
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/12/12 4:25 PM

I agree. Just watched it. Rory had rounds 1 and 2. Condit should have had a 10-8 third round. I dont understand why they stopped it. Rory was actively moving his head side to side. He was defending for sure. Either way it would not have been a win.

12/12/12 4:27 PM
Thacommish
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JakodaRay - 
StrikeforceSupporter - 
PJ Benn Fan - 
Chris Leben is a Zombie -  Can someone remind me of the first fight? Who was winning before the KO? Phone Post

IIRC rory was up 2 round to 0 on most peoples scorecards.

It was not a KO lol. It was Carlos landing shots that were not being defended by rory (but were not devastating) - there was 7 seconds left in the fight (rory being up 2 rounds -arguable 3)and then, the ref stopped the fight. Rory had gotten cut up pretty good by Carlos with those shots, but the ref, seeing as there was 7 seconds left, could have let those last seconds ride out. In a way, he stole the win away from Rory. It wasn't CLEAR robbery, but when you think of it, Rory could have lasted those last seconds and had been fine, and would have gotten the "W" in a decisive victory.

Wouldn't be a win. All three judges had the last round 10-8 for Condit and it would have been a draw. However, the fight was rightfully stopped and Condit was awarded the win. Should have been stopped earlier, Rory wasn't defending for like a minute, his career could have ended there.

I was never aware there were official scores for the 3rd round can I see where you got this from?
12/12/12 4:35 PM
Bigp5437

On my phone so don't feel like going back to quote folks..but I remember Rory clearly telling Rogan that he didn't know how much time was left in the fight..he was getting his ass kicked so he had no problem with the stoppage lol
12/12/12 5:00 PM
johnonguitar7

Rory was too quick for Carlos in the first fight.

In the second fight he will be too quick, too powerful and and not make the same mistakes.

I'm a Condit fan. Phone Post
12/12/12 5:16 PM
ton74

Just watched it. Would give first two rounds to rory due to takedowns but he did zero damage to condit. Still he fought well and utilized his strengths. 3rd round was condit domination and I think his experience shone through. Next fight, which I can't wait for, has amazing potential. Rory is a gun, full arsenal of tricks and big strong WW. Carlos is nasty...everyone he fights gets hurt, win or lose! I back condit but only just. Big condit fan!!! Phone Post
12/12/12 6:06 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carlos is the definition of class.  Simple and to the point: "I'm in."  Awesome!

12/12/12 6:21 PM
32Hunter

I guess if Condit plays it elusive this time, he could win.
12/12/12 6:52 PM
mulder68
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only thing that could make me more happy that Carlos knocking him out is if he came into the cage wearing a BJ Penn shirt :) Phone Post
12/12/12 7:09 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT

Rory has gotten a lot more muscular since then... Phone Post
12/12/12 7:13 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in.
12/12/12 7:18 PM
samcarr6

Rory by tko Phone Post
12/12/12 8:23 PM
mugatu
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Rory is going to have alot of trouble with Condit, can't wait to see this fight

12/12/12 9:11 PM
Jaybrone
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bipolar - 
StrikeforceSupporter - Rory smashes Condit fairly easily this time, and everyone else in the div. Rory is the epitome of what an MMA fighter is supposed to be - dude's a beast.

Nobody could smash Condit fairly easily. That's ridiculous. Rory might take it, but it'll be a war.

This. Even GSP had some trouble with Carlos. To think anyone just steam rolls Carlos is silly.

12/12/12 9:14 PM
Exiive
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id love to see Condit derail the Rory hypetrain for a second time. Phone Post
12/12/12 9:46 PM
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Condit KO's him and brings this kid back down to earth. He is good, and the 2nd best young prospect in the UFC to Jones (who I guess isn't a "prospect" anymore) the difference between he and Jones is that basically from the start of Jones' career it was clear he is by far the best fighter at 205. I think Rory would struggle with Hendricks, Diaz, Condit, hell even Fitch.
12/12/12 10:17 PM
absoluteidiot
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. I hope Condit puts the bash on him. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.