UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shogun tops UFC on FOX 5 salaries ($175k)

12/12/12 4:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Benson Henderson: $78,000 (includes $39,000 win bonus)
Nate Diaz: $50,000
Henderson def. Diaz via unanimous decision

Alexander Gustafsson: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus)
Mauricio Rua: $175,000
Gustafsson def. Rua via unanimous decision

Rory MacDonald: $42,000 (includes $21,000 win bonus)
BJ Penn: $150,000
MacDonald def. Penn via unanimous decision

Matt Brown: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus)
Mike Swick: $48,000
Brown def. Swick via knockout

Yves Edwards: $32,000 (includes $16,000 win bonus)
Jeremy Stephens: $24,000
Edwards def. Stephens via knockout

Raphael Assuncao: $38,000 (includes $19,000 win bonus)
Mike Easton: $14,000
Assuncao def. Easton via unanimous decision

Ramsey Nijem: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
Joe Proctor: $8,000
Nijem def. Proctor via unanimous decision

Daron Cruickshank: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
Henry Martinez: $8,000
Cruickshank def. Martinez via knockout

Abel Trujillo: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus)
Marcus LeVesseur: $8,000
Trujillo def. LeVesseur via technical knockout

Dennis Siver: $62,000 (includes $31,000 win bonus)
Nam Phan: $10,000
Siver def. Phan via unanimous decision

Scott Jorgensen: $41,000 (includes $20,500 win bonus)
John Albert: $10,000
Jorgansen def. Albert via submission

12/12/12 5:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kostello
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rua makes a lot less than Bisping...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/12/05/tuf-14-finale-fighter-salaries-michael-bisping-banks-425-000
12/12/12 5:17 PM
danggook

Benson needs a new contract Phone Post
12/12/12 5:20 PM
garrote
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If not for the win bonus, a lot of the guys that lost make significantly more than their opponent. Phone Post
12/12/12 5:23 PM
Chris27

in before 5 pages thinking thats all Bendo made, and yes Silva only makes 200k a fight and GSP only makes 400k a fight.
12/12/12 5:25 PM
Bentleysuper8

Unless they are getting mad stacks from other sources, I wouldn't give up my day job. Shocking to see some of these numbers.
12/12/12 5:25 PM
Jaybrone
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben needs to get that Anderson SIlva Money!

12/12/12 5:31 PM
UGCTT_Messiah
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta feel bad for guys like Martinez and LeVesseur who get the living shit kicked out of them and come away with barely any money to show for it.

For some reason I feel extra bad for LeVesseur...that fight looked like a featherweight vs. a welterweight...
12/12/12 5:41 PM
Andy Rigg
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm shocked that's all nam phan is getting paid. i know he lost, but i'd think a guy of his profile would be valued more highly than that. nam phan = tips for waiters
12/12/12 5:58 PM
hedfunk
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone of these threads pain me to see people shout, 'OMG THEY SHOULD BE PAID MORE THATS BULLSHIT!'

When numerous fighters have stated, even on these boards no less, that these figures are not what they get paid at all. It is substantially more.
12/12/12 6:05 PM
garrote
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andy Rigg - i'm shocked that's all nam phan is getting paid. i know he lost, but i'd think a guy of his profile would be valued more highly than that. nam phan = tips for waiters
That one bummed me out too. Phone Post
12/12/12 6:07 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CREamed_by_DongJ - 
Chris27 - in before 5 pages thinking thats all Bendo made, and yes Silva only makes 200k a fight and GSP only makes 400k a fight.

Do you know anything about concussions or being concussed?

Honestly? Answer me honestly. How many times have you been put to sleep or had brain damage fron an impact?

Have you even trained?

All of those questions are relevant to this topic.
12/12/12 6:12 PM
Lazer MMA

digitdigit - Wow. No wonder the UFC is worth 2 billion. Nothing like fucking the little guy.

12/12/12 6:18 PM
Lazer MMA

danggook -  Benson needs a new contract Phone Post

If these are real #'s, yea no doubt at all, but hell LOOK I would not take that beating that Nate took for anything close 50K! That shit looks worse on paper no doubt!
12/12/12 6:20 PM
diaz 125

digitdigit - Wow. No wonder the UFC is worth 2 billion. Nothing like fucking the little guy.

they should pay em less
12/12/12 6:22 PM
diaz 125

since when does owning a business involve being nice? also those guys all chose to be a fighter.they arent working on a railroad making pennies
12/12/12 6:23 PM
Chris27

hedfunk - Everyone of these threads pain me to see people shout, 'OMG THEY SHOULD BE PAID MORE THATS BULLSHIT!'

When numerous fighters have stated, even on these boards no less, that these figures are not what they get paid at all. It is substantially more.

Yeah to anyone with half a brain they know thats what goes on but the few certain people ignore that because they have an agenda to make the UFC look bad/cheap.

10 fighters, Creepy, Carwin, Vinny etc could come in here and say these arent all fighters get paid but certain posters will skip right past those posts and say omg these numbers are sad etc.
12/12/12 6:23 PM
shaqitup
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hedfunk - Everyone of these threads pain me to see people shout, 'OMG THEY SHOULD BE PAID MORE THATS BULLSHIT!'

And?

There are lots of fighters that have also complained about pay as well.

I think i would rather have my pay set in stone, than "oh here's a bonus for being a good little boy", it's them trying to make it seem like they're doing you a favour, when in fact you are both benefiting from the situation.

All we have to work with is the disclosed pay, and a couple of references here and there.

What i'm interested in, is how fighters don't seem to negotiate their contract, or have short term contracts based on their value to the company.

Benson has fought in 3 title fights, defending his title twice, and is making 40k disclosed to show. I am aware he is probably making a lot more, but some of top guys are making 100-400k to show.

Rory is also getting 21k to show, which seems low as he's 6-1 in the UFC, is touted as a champ in the near future, and just had a big fight with BJ penn. I also think he will, and probably already is a decent PPV draw, since he's getting pushed pretty hard in Canada, and is tightly associated with GSP.
12/12/12 6:27 PM
Chris27

shaqitup - 

And?

There are lots of fighters that have also complained about pay as well.

I think i would rather have my pay set in stone, than "oh here's a bonus for being a good little boy", it's them trying to make it seem like they're doing you a favour, when in fact you are both benefiting from the situation.

All we have to work with is the disclosed pay, and a couple of references here and there.

What i'm interested in, is how fighters don't seem to negotiate their contract, or have short term contracts based on their value to the company.

Benson has fought in 3 title fights, defending his title twice, and is making 40k disclosed to show. I am aware he is probably making a lot more, but some of top guys are making 100-400k to show.

Rory is also getting 21k to show, which seems low as he's 6-1 in the UFC, is touted as a champ in the near future, and just had a big fight with BJ penn. I also think he will, and probably already is a decent PPV draw, since he's getting pushed pretty hard in Canada, and is tightly associated with GSP.

What you dont seem to understand is fighters sign long term deals, Bendo signed this deal mostly as soon as he moved to the UFC. So he probably signed a long term 8 fight deal or something so he became champ but still has that old deal.

Thats where the bonuses come in, maybe they give him a portion of the PPV or just a flat bonus after for 100k or whatever it is.

You can sign a long term deal and three fights latter be in the main event or winning a title, doesnt mean they just rip up your contract, if you become champ on an old deal they probably just give you bonus money behind the scenes until your deal is up and you negotiate a better deal.
12/12/12 6:29 PM
diaz 125

i have respect for what they do and hope the best for them including their pay. but i dont feel bad when i see their pay. they chose to be there. its like feeling bad for a mcdonalds employee when they chose to do it for a living.
12/12/12 6:29 PM
Chris27

Plus alot of those fighters could still be on their WEC deal which is why you see Aldo not making a huge amount.

12/12/12 6:33 PM
Jaybrone
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly the UFC pay scale is not as bad as boxing and EVERY card the same things are said. This is only fight purses and it is well documented that guys get paid well with locker room bonuses etc. Plus this doesn't account for any sponsor money either.

12/12/12 6:33 PM
32Hunter

does every fighter that the ufc employs get backstage bonuses? cause if not a lot of guys are still getting fucked over.
12/12/12 6:36 PM
UGCTT_mousetrap
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - in before 5 pages thinking thats all Bendo made, and yes Silva only makes 200k a fight and GSP only makes 400k a fight.
. Phone Post
12/12/12 9:59 PM
absoluteidiot
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear Benson has a rich toothpick endorsement deal. It's all good, son. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.