UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shogun tops UFC on FOX 5 salaries ($175k)

12/12/12 10:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dazednconfused
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm opened minded and listen to all points if view in regards to fighter pay, and my conclusion is fighters are underpaid. Phone Post
12/12/12 10:14 PM
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dazednconfused -  I'm opened minded and listen to all points if view in regards to fighter pay, and my conclusion is fighters are underpaid. Phone Post

based on having 10% of the facts..
12/12/12 10:16 PM
Forrest Spliffn

Bj shouldn't be tripling rorys pay. He should have to forfeit some $ for gettin that ass whooped so soundly. Phone Post
12/12/12 10:19 PM
Haulport

Chris27 - in before 5 pages thinking thats all Bendo made, and yes Silva only makes 200k a fight and GSP only makes 400k a fight.

Do you live in Vegas and go in every day to the UFC offices or are you remote?

12/12/12 10:48 PM
FreightTrain

BJ got $150k...

No wonder not hes not retiring.
12/12/12 11:14 PM
ufcman187

I have to work a year to make what Jeremy Stephens did in less than 15 minutes. Time to play an Ozzy Osbourn cassette tape backwards and jump out of a window !
12/12/12 11:30 PM
FreightTrain

ufcman187 - I have to work a year to make what Jeremy Stephens did in less than 15 minutes. Time to play an Ozzy Osbourn cassette tape backwards and jump out of a window !

Woah there young warrior.

But how many fights does he have in a year and what does he do if he can no longer fight...

12/12/12 11:44 PM
Chris27

Haulport - 
Chris27 - in before 5 pages thinking thats all Bendo made, and yes Silva only makes 200k a fight and GSP only makes 400k a fight.

I live in NJ and I dont work for the UFC.

I guess to you liking the UFC, enjoying their product and wanting to see them do well means I'm a Zuffa employee.

We all cant be miserable haters like yourself.

and tell me what I said that was incorrect? I know you hate Dana/UFC but even you know whats reported isnt all these guys make, you arent that much a troll to deny that, are you?
12/13/12 12:25 AM
stonepony

You can't argue with stupid. They'll never get it.
12/13/12 12:31 AM
Chris27

stonepony - 

Nobody is stupid, they all know the truth they just ignore it because their agenda is to hate on the UFC.

12/13/12 2:57 AM
Andy Rigg
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
hedfunk - Everyone of these threads pain me to see people shout, 'OMG THEY SHOULD BE PAID MORE THATS BULLSHIT!'

When numerous fighters have stated, even on these boards no less, that these figures are not what they get paid at all. It is substantially more.

Yeah to anyone with half a brain they know thats what goes on but the few certain people ignore that because they have an agenda to make the UFC look bad/cheap.

10 fighters, Creepy, Carwin, Vinny etc could come in here and say these arent all fighters get paid but certain posters will skip right past those posts and say omg these numbers are sad etc.

it isn't just a few certain people trying to make the ufc look cheap; it's their released salaries making them look cheap. it is well known that zuffa give out locker room bonuses, but if it isn't in the contract it's a gag, not a salary.
while it's true that a number of fighters have let it be known that they're happy with the bonuses; how many have spoke out or kept silent?

diaz 125, you don't feel bad for mcdonalds workers because they chose to be there? are you trolling? or don't you live in the real world? the choice you're faced with when applying for mcdonalds is, "work for shit money and take shit all day or starve".
12/13/12 4:16 AM
Fedor219

I wonder how Nate feels seeing Dennis Siver make more than him that night Phone Post
12/13/12 8:10 AM
stonepony

Chris27 - 
stonepony - 

Nobody is stupid, they all know the truth they just ignore it because their agenda is to hate on the UFC.

I'm sure you're right about a lot of them. But "nobody is stupid"... That's a pretty ridiculous suggestion. Don't you think it's pretty stupid, for an MMA fan, to have an agenda to hate the UFC? It's like calling yourself a Football fan while constantly rooting for the NFL to fail. That's stupid. IMO.
12/13/12 8:15 AM
stonepony

Andy Rigg - 
Chris27 - 
hedfunk - Everyone of these threads pain me to see people shout, 'OMG THEY SHOULD BE PAID MORE THATS BULLSHIT!'

When numerous fighters have stated, even on these boards no less, that these figures are not what they get paid at all. It is substantially more.

Yeah to anyone with half a brain they know thats what goes on but the few certain people ignore that because they have an agenda to make the UFC look bad/cheap.

10 fighters, Creepy, Carwin, Vinny etc could come in here and say these arent all fighters get paid but certain posters will skip right past those posts and say omg these numbers are sad etc.

it isn't just a few certain people trying to make the ufc look cheap; it's their released salaries making them look cheap. it is well known that zuffa give out locker room bonuses, but if it isn't in the contract it's a gag, not a salary.
while it's true that a number of fighters have let it be known that they're happy with the bonuses; how many have spoke out or kept silent?

diaz 125, you don't feel bad for mcdonalds workers because they chose to be there? are you trolling? or don't you live in the real world? the choice you're faced with when applying for mcdonalds is, "work for shit money and take shit all day or starve".

People really need to learn some basic economic principles before they rant this kind of nonsense. Reminds me of OWS children who think the government should just give everybody $1m so we can all be rich together. They should all have TARD stamped across their driver's license.
12/13/12 8:56 AM
BanjaCop
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -

I think it relies more on the fact that the undisclosed figures seem (by their very nature) arbitrary.

While I know guys get significantly more and Dana occasionally throws out random 'feel good' bonuses I think it should be the other way around.

And not because I wanna know what the guys are making, but because I want to reduce the ability for them to be screwed.

I think it's incredibly silly looking for a guy that wins to 'be paid' less than half the amount of the guy that lost-even if it's made up on the back half it looks terrible. Phone Post
12/13/12 10:22 AM
ufcman187

FreightTrain - 
ufcman187 - I have to work a year to make what Jeremy Stephens did in less than 15 minutes. Time to play an Ozzy Osbourn cassette tape backwards and jump out of a window !

Woah there young warrior.

But how many fights does he have in a year and what does he do if he can no longer fight...

Appreciate you trying to talk me down from the ledge. It didn't work though. Good thing I am poor and live in a trailor. The 5 foot fall did little to no damage. lol
12/13/12 10:31 AM
Libero21
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they are a private company and these numbers are substantially less then what they are actually getting, what's the point of releasing this false information? Phone Post
12/13/12 11:43 PM
Haulport

Chris27 - 
Haulport - 

I guess to you liking the UFC, enjoying their product and wanting to see them do well means I'm a Zuffa employee.

and tell me what I said that was incorrect? I know you hate Dana/UFC but even you know whats reported isnt all these guys make, you arent that much a troll to deny that, are you?

Let's be honest Chris. Your posting history is one of abject submission and love for all things Zuffa and you bash everything that isn't zuffa. You constantly go after Bellator and OneFC and you never say anything bad about the UFC.

I objectively criticize the UFC and you call it hating and say I am a troll. The reality is that you slavishly worship the UFC to the point of being EXCEEDINGLY suspicious in your behavior. And I was there right when you started posting and it has been the same from day one.

And how did you get so many vote ups? I don't think superCalo has that many and he is a motherfucking LEGEND. Not even the dude who started the "Teen Body Anyone?" thread has as many vote ups as you do. What thread or action made people love you so much (there could be a perfectly reasonable answer to this so I'd like to hear it).

I was the guy who uncovered that Kirik's partner hosts the Tapout and UFC sites (NE Pats too) so perhaps we'll find out that you work for someone interesting.

12/13/12 11:51 PM
Chris27

Haulport - 
Chris27 - 
Haulport - 

Let's be honest Chris. Your posting history is one of abject submission and love for all things Zuffa and you bash everything that isn't zuffa. You constantly go after Bellator and OneFC and you never say anything bad about the UFC.

I objectively criticize the UFC and you call it hating and say I am a troll. The reality is that you slavishly worship the UFC to the point of being EXCEEDINGLY suspicious in your behavior. And I was there right when you started posting and it has been the same from day one.

And how did you get so many vote ups? I don't think superCalo has that many and he is a motherfucking LEGEND. Not even the dude who started the "Teen Body Anyone?" thread has as many vote ups as you do. What thread or action made people love you so much (there could be a perfectly reasonable answer to this so I'd like to hear it).

I was the guy who uncovered that Kirik's partner hosts the Tapout and UFC sites (NE Pats too) so perhaps we'll find out that you work for someone interesting.

I dont work for Zuffa, never met Dana or anyone from Zuffa, only fighter I've ever met is Frankie Edgar since I went to school with him and my cousin knows him, so no I dont work for anyone.

And I'll give you an honest answer about UFC if you ask me, yes I like the UFC but that doesnt mean everything they do I think is great.

And if I work for Zuffa and hate all non Zuffa orgs how come I'm the one who posts Bellator fighters, OneFC fights, Chandler/Hawn and Pitbull/Curran debuting on Spike, Crusher/Omigawa at OneFC? How come I post those threads if I have them and work for Zuffa? WOuldnt I say fuck all other mma orgs and not give them attention?

and why do you care about vote ups? Are you 10? I mean its not that big of a deal bro, maybe it angers you that people on here dont think that highly of you or your opinions, who cares though?
12/13/12 11:57 PM
HELWIG

Completely discretionary bonuses dont replace or negate the value of significantly higher guaranteed pay.

12/13/12 11:57 PM
DojoJay
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These are def interesting numbers, but I'll bet that just like bands who owe their record companies, a lot of these guys "owe" a lot of their purse back to the house...

12/14/12 12:20 AM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol thought some of those numbers would be a lot higher
12/14/12 1:01 AM
rbl
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

diaz 125 - since when does owning a business involve being nice? also those guys all chose to be a fighter.they arent working on a railroad making pennies
Why support the promoter over the fighters? If you want top level athletes who can afford to pay sparring partners and train full time then you need to pay them properly. At the moment you have a lot of guys basically doing it because they enjoy it. Paying the fighters less is not good for the sport. Phone Post
12/14/12 1:09 AM
JediJitsu
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

38k base for the champ?? Phone Post
12/14/12 11:53 AM
Haulport

Chris27 - 
Haulport - 
Chris27 - 
Haulport - 

I dont work for Zuffa, never met Dana or anyone from Zuffa, only fighter I've ever met is Frankie Edgar since I went to school with him and my cousin knows him, so no I dont work for anyone.

And I'll give you an honest answer about UFC if you ask me, yes I like the UFC but that doesnt mean everything they do I think is great.

And if I work for Zuffa and hate all non Zuffa orgs how come I'm the one who posts Bellator fighters, OneFC fights, Chandler/Hawn and Pitbull/Curran debuting on Spike, Crusher/Omigawa at OneFC? How come I post those threads if I have them and work for Zuffa? WOuldnt I say fuck all other mma orgs and not give them attention?

and why do you care about vote ups? Are you 10? I mean its not that big of a deal bro, maybe it angers you that people on here dont think that highly of you or your opinions, who cares though?

Lol, you really do view things like a child. Maybe you don't work for Zuffa and your opinions are just so stunted it comes off like that. Lol, probably not...

I CLEARLY mentioned vote ups because it is suspicious that you have more than posters who are extremely well thought of and yet you are just an ordinary poster who most wouldn't be able to identify. So why so many? The implication is that you have a high vote up count because you are a Zuffa shill who the mods do that for so that other posters will take all your criticism and hatred of other orgs more seriously.

You saying that my "concern" is somehow childish when what I was implying was AS CLEAR AS DAY is even more suspicious and consistent with your usual hijinks...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.