UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Interesting Encounter w/fighter/MMA personality?

12/18/12 10:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrappleGirl
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

melendez - 
GrappleGirl - LOL being chased down a hallway by Sam Adkins after I judged one of his fights he lost... Dan Severn treating me like I was his long lost sister. Rolling with Remco Pardoel him getting me side mount & laughing saying " I am two of you sister" Looking across the ring at my opponents corner of Guy Metzer Ken Shamrock & Tre Telligman & thinking OMG her corner would destroy mine hahahaha

Haha so you finally decide to share some with us huh...Bout time :)

Some of the guys you mentioned are the ones Ive never met but would like to. Dan and Remco and old school guys who bought NHB.

Melendez. My black belts are under Remco & Christophe Leininger... So I have many drinking stories about them lol.. GEEZ Yelling at a guy standing in our way to sit the hell down. Then he turns around & it's John Lewis.. Finding out that Jeremy Horn and Pat Militich aren't too happy I hurt Jeremy's girl's knee in a tourny.. Winning a drunken bet on whether or not I could pick up a big Mike Whitehead....
12/18/12 10:33 AM
melendez
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GrappleGirl - 
melendez - 
GrappleGirl - LOL being chased down a hallway by Sam Adkins after I judged one of his fights he lost... Dan Severn treating me like I was his long lost sister. Rolling with Remco Pardoel him getting me side mount & laughing saying " I am two of you sister" Looking across the ring at my opponents corner of Guy Metzer Ken Shamrock & Tre Telligman & thinking OMG her corner would destroy mine hahahaha

Haha so you finally decide to share some with us huh...Bout time :)

Some of the guys you mentioned are the ones Ive never met but would like to. Dan and Remco and old school guys who bought NHB.

Melendez. My black belts are under Remco & Christophe Leininger... So I have many drinking stories about them lol.. GEEZ Yelling at a guy standing in our way to sit the hell down. Then he turns around & it's John Lewis.. Finding out that Jeremy Horn and Pat Militich aren't too happy I hurt Jeremy's girl's knee in a tourny.. Winning a drunken bet on whether or not I could pick up a big Mike Whitehead....

Choke me if Im wrong, but Remco is the huge JJ guy from Europe right? he used to sport the military style high and tight haircut back in UFC 1-10 range? I remember seeing him on there saying he was a European JJ champ. Don't want to get it wrong but thinking he was from Belgium, Norway, Sweden or somewhere in the area.

See? You have some good ones :) Gotta keep this thread going. Did you see my Randy Couture story a few pages back? Its a gooood one.

12/18/12 10:34 AM
Loser Born Natural
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have watched InsideMMA for years, and my GF calls it...

Inside The MMA.

I got to meet Bas on set (thank you Hans) and had him send her a little message,

Great guy!

12/18/12 10:44 AM
GrappleGirl
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Melendez.. Yep that's him. He is from Holland.. fought in UFC 7 & 11 I believe. I will check it out Melendez. Ok another one I get called in the cage, they call Rampage in the cage.. He looks down at me intimidately & says I know who you are.... A pause as I about pee myself then he starts cracking up gives me a huge hug!! Meanwhile I was still trying to get my heart outta my throat hahahaha
12/18/12 11:33 AM
melendez
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loser Born Natural - 

I have watched InsideMMA for years, and my GF calls it...

Inside The MMA.

I got to meet Bas on set (thank you Hans) and had him send her a little message,

Great guy!

thats awesome bro. Bas is one of the coolest and most humble guys in MMA that I've seen. He is definitely a legend and one of my all time favorites.

12/18/12 11:49 AM
FreeCandy
327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i ran into Jason Von Flue(the week of his Joe Riggs fight i believe) at the gas station at the end of town in Vegas, and offered him a ride since he was walking. i was on my way to ride dirtbikes out in the desert. i crashed my dirtbike and ended up breaking my hand.
a few weeks later i ran into Forrest Griffin (he recognized me from the gym) at the grocery store before his rematch with Bonnar. he asked how i broke my hand. i told him i broke it riding my dirtbike. and he said something like 'cool, i had to stop doing all of that fun stuff'
12/18/12 9:34 PM
bcolflesh
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just met Adkins at a Locked in the Cage show in Chambersburg, PA a few weekends ago - very gracious and said he wished he had taken fighting/training more seriously at the time - he's down several weight classes from his fighting days.
12/18/12 11:08 PM
RearNakedBloke
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool stories, bros Phone Post
12/19/12 2:13 AM
Haulport
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure -  Met Royce before Matt Hughes fight in airport. I told him to "kick his ass."

Royce looked at me like I was a maniac and just replied "I'll do my best." And shook my hand and walked off. Phone Post

That was because you didn't have any pants on..........

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.