UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gomi vs Diego Sanchez!

12/12/12 11:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Dean of Cuisine
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quite a few websites reporting it for Fuel 8, pretty good fight! Phone Post
12/13/12 12:00 AM
WestCoastMXC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sanchez via cardio. Phone Post
12/13/12 12:11 AM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats a good fight

12/13/12 12:15 AM
orcus

I said on another thread "so much for Gomi getting back on track", but maybe not. Diego has terrible standup and terrible wrestling these days. Gomi looked pretty good against Danzig and still packs a punch.

The only problem is Diego has an excellent chin and Gomi has iffy cardio. In a 3-rounder, though, he has a shot by winning the first two rounds. I guess the biggest danger is he gasses in the third and Diego drags him down and chokes him.

Could Gomi be the first to KO Diego? His power hasn't looked all that hot in the UFC.

12/13/12 12:19 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diego by craziness and pace/pressure. I think he could get a finish Phone Post
12/13/12 12:21 AM
SimbaSpice
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diego's wrestling isn't that bad at all. He just fights guys with good TDD. He should be able to take Gomi down easy after round 1. Phone Post
12/13/12 12:23 AM
orcus

Gomi has pretty good takedown defense when he's on.

A gassed Paulo Thiago and maybe a terribly gassed Ellenberger are the only guys I can think of Diego getting a takedown on in 900 years.

12/13/12 12:26 AM
omlet de fromage

Although Gomi packs serious power, Diego got hit over and over by Jake who hits like a truck and still came back to dominate the 3rd round. Phone Post
12/13/12 12:30 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diego Sanchez has one of the best chins in the sport today. BJ put an absolute beating on his face.
12/13/12 1:20 AM
HandyDarsh
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm guessing deigo by decision, he eats multiple punches, answers with a takedown, wins the round. Repeatx3. Phone Post
12/13/12 1:39 AM
B_Goetz

SimbaSpice -  Diego's wrestling isn't that bad at all. He just fights guys with good TDD. He should be able to take Gomi down easy after round 1. Phone Post

Most of the welterweight wrestlers he's fought have been bigger, too. He's got an absolutely nasty top game, but suffers for not being able to get on top of the ww wrestlers.

Anybody know what weight this is at?
12/13/12 1:45 AM
orcus

I don't think Diego got a single takedown in his three lightweight fights, did he?

12/13/12 3:50 AM
yellow wrkahlc
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry, but Diego's got this. I can easily see him sinking in the RNC by the 2nd round. Phone Post
12/13/12 3:51 AM
Dazednconfused
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do they keep giving Gomi these tough matches? He should be fighting mid level guys. Phone Post
12/13/12 3:56 AM
rumble_fish
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dazednconfused -  Why do they keep giving Gomi these tough matches? He should be fighting mid level guys. Phone Post

"asian brother can't get no love" nam pham
12/13/12 4:16 AM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dazednconfused - Why do they keep giving Gomi these tough matches? He should be fighting mid level guys. Phone Post
What?
Guida who was 2-2 in his past 4, and who was losing to Dos Anjos until he broke his jaw(not that that's not a valid way to win, but it was def unexpected)
Danzig who loses every other fight
Mitsuoka who was brought in to lose on the Japan card
And Diaz coming off 2 losses

Florian was his toughest opponent, and that was his debut when people still had higher hopes for him. And he crushed Tyson when Tyson was still pretty good.

He's given middle of the road guys. None of his opponents with the exception of Florian were anywhere near being highly ranked when they fought him. Phone Post
12/13/12 5:09 AM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah this won't end well for Gomi. Phone Post
12/13/12 9:18 AM
1800champagne

Gomi will be destroyed. He really doesn't belong in the UFC. Phone Post
12/13/12 9:24 AM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

Diego by the Power of Christ. Phone Post
12/13/12 11:43 AM
juicer
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Diego takes this convincingly. Phone Post
12/13/12 11:46 AM
chupecabre
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diego. Won't be close. I don't think it's as even a matchup as people think.
12/13/12 12:02 PM
SHOGUN250
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't really see any path to victory for Gomi. Diego will be all over him.
12/13/12 12:08 PM
AngryFoamy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Fireball Kid!!!

12/13/12 12:20 PM
Forward

Gomi needs to get stronger, his body looks too soft, not hard.

He needs to work on his ground game, and of course his GAS TANK!
12/13/12 12:22 PM
Ministry of Truth

orcus - 

I said on another thread "so much for Gomi getting back on track", but maybe not. Diego has terrible standup and terrible wrestling these days. Gomi looked pretty good against Danzig and still packs a punch.

The only problem is Diego has an excellent chin and Gomi has iffy cardio. In a 3-rounder, though, he has a shot by winning the first two rounds. I guess the biggest danger is he gasses in the third and Diego drags him down and chokes him.

Could Gomi be the first to KO Diego? His power hasn't looked all that hot in the UFC.

His power looked pretty good against Tyson Griffin.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.