UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belfort: Silva vs GSP is 'meaningless'

12/13/12 7:43 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1033 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In a recent interview with Brazilian media giant OGlobo, Vitor Belfort discussed GSP vs. Anderson Silva vs. Jon Jones.

“Anderson vs. GSP is meaningless," said Belfort. "It would make sense if Anderson fought Jon Jones. Anderson is a fighter at another level. I'm not underestimating Jones but praising Anderson. He's one of the best that has existed, I always thought it."

“It is very nice to see his success. I know what he has gone through. Anderson is in a very high level and should defend his belt or fight for the light heavyweight title. I think he has a greater possibility to beat Jones. He would win on the feet.”

Read entire article...
Read entire article... (original Portuguese)

12/13/12 8:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MachidasStraightLeft
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson!! Listen to Vitor!!

12/13/12 8:04 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree Phone Post
12/13/12 8:14 PM
MasterofMartialArts
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor speaks truth. Phone Post
12/13/12 8:16 PM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva has the size to fight at LHW, as he has shown many times.

Smaller fighters than Silva has fought Jones. A.Silva has a better chance of beating Jones than anyone at 205.
12/13/12 8:23 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't say it's meaningless but I much much prefer Anderson to take on Jones while he's in top form. Phone Post
12/13/12 8:23 PM
KingOfFighters

Lol@frightened gsp fans

He'll always be remembered as the ducker that avoided the fight that would define his career Phone Post
12/13/12 8:24 PM
shorebreaker420
1008 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Victor knows what's up Phone Post
12/13/12 8:27 PM
Devlin
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if anderson was to step up in weight and beat jones it cements him as the best ever imo.
12/13/12 8:31 PM
KingOfFighters

Devlin - if anderson was to step up in weight and beat jones it cements him as the best ever imo.
He's already the best ever. Phone Post
12/13/12 8:32 PM
BobbyDigital420
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - Lol@frightened gsp fans

He'll always be remembered as the ducker that avoided the fight that would define his career Phone Post
Yes, that's what he'll be remembered for... Phone Post
12/13/12 8:37 PM
kevsh
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
Devlin - if anderson was to step up in weight and beat jones it cements him as the best ever imo.

12/13/12 8:49 PM
KingOfFighters

BobbyDigital420 -

Gsp-i wan be za bess ever....i qan he the vayne gretski of mma

Gsp- fight anderson? Fuck outta here that guy weighs 234..... U want to be remembered for beating the constant tough contenders like... Dan hardy....super tough guy, gave me the fight of my life Phone Post
12/13/12 8:54 PM
PatrickVilone

I don't give GSP much of a chance in the Silva fight. Just listen when he talks about it, how scared he sounds can't be a good thing. Why do you think he's fighting Diaz instead of making the SUPER FIGHT that EVERY FAN WANTS?!?!?!?! Fucking selfish prick, hope he loses to diaz
12/13/12 8:54 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
BobbyDigital420 -

Gsp-i wan be za bess ever....i qan he the vayne gretski of mma

Gsp- fight anderson? Fuck outta here that guy weighs 234..... U want to be remembered for beating the constant tough contenders like... Dan hardy....super tough guy, gave me the fight of my life Phone Post

I can see that you're trying to communicate, it's just not really working out for you.

12/13/12 9:02 PM
MrSmiff
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ kingoffighters

He went full retard

12/13/12 9:10 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

bornop -  He's right. Jones takes a lot of unnecessary risks with his stand up and Silva would exploit it. Phone Post

Don't think for one moment that Jones would try and stand with Anderson for any extended periods of time. There will not be any unnecessary risks if this fight happens. He will be shooting as soon as he can.

12/13/12 9:18 PM
CrazyPope
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PatrickVilone - I don't give GSP much of a chance in the Silva fight. Just listen when he talks about it, how scared he sounds can't be a good thing. Why do you think he's fighting Diaz instead of making the SUPER FIGHT that EVERY FAN WANTS?!?!?!?! Fucking selfish prick, hope he loses to diaz

LOL at the super fight that every fan wants, check any poll on this topic, people aren't interested in GSP/Silva, they'd rather see Diaz/GSP and Jones/Andy
12/13/12 9:18 PM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
bornop -  He's right. Jones takes a lot of unnecessary risks with his stand up and Silva would exploit it. Phone Post

Don't think for one moment that Jones would try and stand with Anderson for any extended periods of time. There will not be any unnecessary risks if this fight happens. He will be shooting as soon as he can.

12/13/12 9:22 PM
Lazer MMA

AS VS JBJ is the biggest fight in MMA history bar none IMO.

Vitor is spot on, but many of us have said that also.
12/13/12 9:24 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

circa305 - Any knowledgeable MMA fan knows its a stupid meaningless matchup.

Yep, anyone who wants to see the two most dominant champions in the UFC over the past 5 years fight eachother is clearly an ignorant MMA fan...

12/13/12 9:28 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
circa305 - Any knowledgeable MMA fan knows its a stupid meaningless matchup.

Yep, anyone who wants to see the two most dominant champions in the UFC over the past 5 years fight eachother is clearly an ignorant MMA fan...

So u t calling Vitor retarded?

Fighter bashing. Mods please ban. Phone Post
12/13/12 9:31 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

LMAO. That's not even close to what I am saying Goku. 0/10 on that one.

However I am calling circa305 retarded for trying to imply that "intelligent" MMA fans would never want to see this fight. 98% of this site and others wanted GSP/Silva for YEARS. Now not so much because of Jones.

12/13/12 9:35 PM
Demolition Man
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 

He's already the best ever when he wont move up to fight Jones but GSP is a ducker because he wont move up to fight Silva?
12/13/12 9:38 PM
KingOfFighters

PatrickVilone - I don't give GSP much of a chance in the Silva fight. Just listen when he talks about it, how scared he sounds can't be a good thing. Why do you think he's fighting Diaz instead of making the SUPER FIGHT that EVERY FAN WANTS?!?!?!?! Fucking selfish prick, hope he loses to diaz
Gsp said he'd fight and beat silva, yet always talks about his weight? Pfft bold to talk with a big mouth when hes safe in canada. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.