UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Any real fights ever break out

12/14/12 12:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rick50
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking with older wrestlers taking liberties on young guys during matched, has anyone just had enough and really started fighting back? Or if some guys just didn't like each other and went off the script and had it out in the ring? Phone Post
12/14/12 1:19 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What else are they gonna do?  Sit there and let the other guy beat them up?  Not sure I understand the question.

12/14/12 1:30 PM
Festus
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArtMinaj -

What else are they gonna do?  Sit there and let the other guy beat them up?  Not sure I understand the question.

I thought that was pretty common in the old days for the rookies to get roughed up in a match and just have to take it. Once they have proven they can take it they are more accepted in the backstage with tge veterans Phone Post
12/14/12 1:32 PM
Rick50
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArtMinaj -

Like how hardcore holly and those kinda guys just went out and beat the crap out of a young guy. Like being too stiff, not selling ect. Did anyone ever say f that and just started fighting back?

I wad watching Bully Ray against this Jesse guy. Bully was beating the crap out of him and not really selling anything the kid threw at him. I know bully ray is a "tough guy " in the wrestling world. But I thought what if this kid just knocked him out right in the ring? He's about 20 years younger and probably filled with artificial toughness.

Did anything like that ever happen where a normal match turned into a legit fight? Phone Post
12/14/12 1:40 PM
Rick50

Thought of an example. Like how that tough enough mma guy amost choked out Kurt Angle. I think it was a choke Phone Post
12/14/12 1:58 PM
dangerboy12
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it was a Kimura
12/14/12 2:29 PM
Sofa King Cool
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perry Saturn beat up a young guy one time on Sunday Night Heat I think.

The young guy was being sloppy and Saturn lost his temper.
12/14/12 2:32 PM
Sofa King Cool
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After the second fucked up hip toss Saturn loses his temper.
12/14/12 2:44 PM
ArtMinaj

Hogan would get pissed after he took enough punishment and then go ape shit.

At a SummerSlam, Earthquake sat on him and even Vince was like "This is the end of Hulk Hogan!"

Then he got up and gave him a brow whooping!

12/14/12 2:46 PM
CMX
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember a story of someone beating rick stieners ass after he was being a dick in the ring Phone Post
12/14/12 2:48 PM
Rick50

ArtMinaj -

Hogan would get pissed after he took enough punishment and then go ape shit.

At a SummerSlam, Earthquake sat on him and even Vince was like "This is the end of Hulk Hogan!"

Then he got up and gave him a brow whooping!

I laughed Phone Post
12/14/12 4:07 PM
Nuckin Futs
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CMX -  I remember a story of someone beating rick stieners ass after he was being a dick in the ring Phone Post

If my memory serves me right that was somebody from this forum or on the UG. It's been a long time ago, but I think Steiner was doing his usual rough tactics and the guy put him in a guillotine or some hold and asked him if we was ready to work.
12/14/12 4:43 PM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saturn talks about the Mike Bell match in his youshoot. 

He takes full responsibility and says the reason he threw him out of the ring was "to calm himself down." 

If any of you haven't seen it.. check out "Bigger, Stronger, Faster." It's a great documentary about the three bell brothers and steroids. 

12/14/12 4:55 PM
fryabusa
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winky is Wright - 

He takes full responsibility and says the reason he threw him out of the ring was "to calm himself down." 

If any of you haven't seen it.. check out "Bigger, Stronger, Faster." It's a great documentary about the three bell brothers and steroids. 

Question for you about that documentary.  I've only seen like the first half or so but they call one of the brothers Stinky and he got into wrestling, is this correct?  And if so is that the same Stinky that was in the Discovery Channel show about wrestling that featured John Cena when he was starting out?

12/14/12 5:03 PM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/14/12 5:04 PM
fryabusa - 
Winky is Wright - 

Question for you about that documentary.  I've only seen like the first half or so but they call one of the brothers Stinky and he got into wrestling, is this correct?  And if so is that the same Stinky that was in the Discovery Channel show about wrestling that featured John Cena when he was starting out?

If it is, they didn't mention him going into wrestling in the documentary. 

Mike is on the far left, the director of the movie Chris is in the middle, and Stinky is on the far right. Stinky does have a wiki page and it does say he went into wrestling (so possibly) 

but the movie only talks about Mike's career . Stinky is a professional powerlifter.

12/16/12 3:33 AM
Ryan Black
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are numerous- seemingly endless- stories of Vader being inexplicably stiff and difficult to work with.

Several different big names that have gone up against Vader have been interviewed and discussed the liberties Vader would take on his opponents.

Then, one night on Raw- it's Vader vs. "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock.

You really need to hear Shamrock tell the story. I believe there is a Botchamania episode, devoted entirely to Vader stories (Vadermania, I believe- there are a few, filled with several different wrestler's stories), but Shamrock's is the best IMO, and his story takes up a good portion of one installment of Vadermania on youtube.

From what I can remember- Ken Shamrock tells the story of being matched up with Vader one night. He says a bunch of guys in the locker room tell him what a dick Vader was; and how badly they wanted him to get his, and basically begging Shamrock to go out there and go full-shootfighter on Vader.

Well, this happens- and from what I can remember, Shamrock catches Vader by surprise a little bit and lands a few shots... juuust before Vader pounds on him. Lol. I gotta go back and watch it again, but I'm pretty sure Vader beats him up pretty badly on the mat in the corner of the ring.

Dude was a fuckin' savage. This guy was tipping the scales around 300Lbs. and could do a fucking moonsault. And if you've ever seen one of his matches, you've likely seen him punch someone in the face legitimately. Phone Post
12/16/12 11:00 AM
Philanderer

Ryan Black -  There are numerous- seemingly endless- stories of Vader being inexplicably stiff and difficult to work with.

Several different big names that have gone up against Vader have been interviewed and discussed the liberties Vader would take on his opponents.

Then, one night on Raw- it's Vader vs. "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock.

You really need to hear Shamrock tell the story. I believe there is a Botchamania episode, devoted entirely to Vader stories (Vadermania, I believe- there are a few, filled with several different wrestler's stories), but Shamrock's is the best IMO, and his story takes up a good portion of one installment of Vadermania on youtube.

From what I can remember- Ken Shamrock tells the story of being matched up with Vader one night. He says a bunch of guys in the locker room tell him what a dick Vader was; and how badly they wanted him to get his, and basically begging Shamrock to go out there and go full-shootfighter on Vader.

Well, this happens- and from what I can remember, Shamrock catches Vader by surprise a little bit and lands a few shots... juuust before Vader pounds on him. Lol. I gotta go back and watch it again, but I'm pretty sure Vader beats him up pretty badly on the mat in the corner of the ring.

Dude was a fuckin' savage. This guy was tipping the scales around 300Lbs. and could do a fucking moonsault. And if you've ever seen one of his matches, you've likely seen him punch someone in the face legitimately. Phone Post

Even in "Wrestling With Shadows" Bret says that Vader gets his feelings hurt too easily. Cornette tells the story of Vader's match with HBK, where he leaves the ring actually crying. Vader did something to piss HBK off during the match, after which HBK gets him in a chinlock and tells him he's going to get Vader fired if he does that again.

Anyone know why Vader left WCW? I wondered if he got kicked out for excessive stiffness. Either that, or his backstage fight with Orndorff
12/16/12 11:16 AM
RedDragonUK
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get excessive stiffness when Eve is on tv does that count? Phone Post
12/16/12 12:28 PM
Ryan Black
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. Don't recall hearing those Vader stories. Thanks for sharing.

He obviously had some serious emotional problems...

But still, a 300Lbs.+ guy, who was, in every instance I saw him growing up throughout the promotions, totally over with the fans... I remember Vader being a top face and a top heel in different places when I was a kid... and a big man with talent, who could move like guys 150Lbs. lighter than him, and do a picture perfect moonsault... he had to be a promoter's dream booking. I can't imagine what would possibly "hurt his feelings" to the point where he'd be so difficult to work with it would get him fired; but obviously, the guy had mental issues... Phone Post
12/16/12 1:05 PM
TheBearStare
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On youtube look up antonio inoki vs the great antonio. Inoki shoots on him when great antonio stops cooperating. Busts his face pretty good. Great antonio was some famous strongman or something who was brought in just cause of his fame and his similar name. He wasnt actually a wrestler. Inoki gets pissed! Phone Post
12/16/12 1:10 PM
TheBearStare
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could totally be getting names wrong but i think akira maeda broke chosyu's orbital during a tag. Chosyu had his opponent in a resthold, maeda walked in and stiff kicked him right in the face.

Also i believe maeda shot on andre the giant blasting his legs. He gained a reputation for this stuff and it made him popular with the fans Phone Post
12/17/12 9:21 AM
dangerboy12
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

local legend around here says a hometown guy named David McGill pinned Arn Anderson for some sort of title in a match he was supposed to lose. McGill was the town strongman and badass, got drafted for the NFL (never played) but was a little off in the head. I don't know the details but from what I understand they were training the guy and had him wrestling in a mask as a jobber. He had a match with Arn here in Laurinburg NC where he was supposed to get squashed, but decided to pin Arn clean in the middle of the ring!

Another story about McGill ends with him killing a bear. No shit. I can't verify these stories, but the people around here swear they are true. He is like Bill Brasky/ Chuck Norris to the people who knew him. I met him when he was older. Big guy, but clearly off his rocker. Didn't look intimidating at all.
12/17/12 11:14 AM
RoyMunson
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheBearStare -  On youtube look up antonio inoki vs the great antonio. Inoki shoots on him when great antonio stops cooperating. Busts his face pretty good. Great antonio was some famous strongman or something who was brought in just cause of his fame and his similar name. He wasnt actually a wrestler. Inoki gets pissed! Phone Post

4:35 is when Inoki gets hit hard on the neck and then goes apeshit.

12/17/12 3:24 PM
roninthebox
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RoyMunson -
TheBearStare -  On youtube look up antonio inoki vs the great antonio. Inoki shoots on him when great antonio stops cooperating. Busts his face pretty good. Great antonio was some famous strongman or something who was brought in just cause of his fame and his similar name. He wasnt actually a wrestler. Inoki gets pissed! Phone Post

4:35 is when Inoki gets hit hard on the neck and then goes apeshit.

Thats fucking awesome! Phone Post
12/18/12 1:49 AM
Ryan Black

Damn, son. Inoki curb-stomped that fat dude. Nice! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.