UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Not hungry after lifting/cardio on fasted stomach

12/14/12 1:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
disbeliever
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

I eat my last meal around 8-9pm at the latest each night. I go into the gym at 10:30am each morning on a fasted stomach, nothing in it but water and my synthroid pill. I do weights (whatever body part is that day) followed by 60 minutes of cardio on the eliptical @ 140bpm consistent.

Shouldn't I be hungry after all of that? I have a slight hunger, but I am not starving after all of that. Is that "normal"?
12/14/12 2:08 PM
vermonter
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, both regular IF and exercise can suppress hunger.

You should eat a meal soon after you exercise though.
12/14/12 2:46 PM
disbeliever
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vermonter - Yes, both regular IF and exercise can suppress hunger.

You should eat a meal soon after you exercise though.

I do. Same routine everyday. I head back to work from the gym, and first meal is always a protein shake, and non fat greek yogurt. Then a meal every 2 hours
12/14/12 4:06 PM
dizz
507 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am never hungry after a workout...I hose down a protein shake but that's about it

Then about an 45 mins to an hour later I get reallllllllllllly hungry and can put down a ton of food

12/14/12 6:38 PM
Leigh
622 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get hungry after running unless its for sugar. Swimming makes me ravenous though Phone Post
12/17/12 1:03 AM
BshMstr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh -  I don't get hungry after running unless its for sugar. Swimming makes me ravenous though Phone Post

interesting....why is that? the time spent in the water and the change to your core body temp?
12/17/12 11:50 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

get the same thing. On mondays I have class until 3pm so I don't work out or eat until about 4-5 PM, fasting from 9 PM or so since Sunday yet I feel fine.

12/17/12 12:05 PM
disbeliever

At least it's not just me. Thanks guys
1/6/13 12:09 PM
Leigh
622 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stayrad - I find the longer my fast the less hungry I am. Used to do a couple 24 hour fasts a week but would struggle to get my meals down afterwards Phone Post
That's cos the wham bars and fried snickers are too much for an empty stomach Phone Post
1/6/13 12:54 PM
Ol' Dirty
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP - why are you on synthroid? How long have you been on it? how has it effected your workouts?
1/7/13 9:55 AM
disbeliever

I have been on synthroid for about 2 years now for hypothyroidism. I went in to the doctor complaining about doing everything right, but not seeing gains. Tested blood for just about everything, and it came back with abnormal TSH and T4. Spent about a year playing with dosage until TSH and T4 were in the good range.
1/7/13 10:39 AM
big_slacker
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.livestrong.com/article/554467-does-hard-cardio-suppress-your-appetite/
1/7/13 12:38 PM
Leigh

Hahaha Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.