UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> Groves and Khan both fighting tonight

12/15/12 3:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LordSeano
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Khan's is in a funny position as if he takes Molina out quickly and easily (which he should) it doesn't really tell us anything, but if he gets stopped again he is completely done.

Groves vs Johnson is going to be a good test. Johnson's last fight against Fonfara was supposed to be his retirement but Frank will have dropped a good wedge of cash on him as now degale has fucked off, he needs to make Groves work.

I personally think Groves made a huge mistake going with Frank and should have gone with Matchroom.

Whilst he lost to fonfara he did take Bute and Froch 12 rounds in the last 18mths so I think it would be silly to count him out. In fact I might go and see if there are silly odds on a Johnson pts decision. Either way - some decent fights on tonight
12/15/12 3:41 AM
LordSeano
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/15/12 3:42 AM
Wow you can get 20-1 on a Johnson decision with bet365 and youwin! I think that's worth a flutter although it is a warren show......
12/15/12 4:30 AM
pharochuck
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
i still believe khan can be a really special fighter. he's got all the ability in the world
12/15/12 5:44 AM
Joe Ray
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Burns had two opponents cancel on him.

12/15/12 5:24 PM
U4EA
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think this is a legit test for Groves, and a very tough one. He does tend to get hit with right hands. Just checked, Johnson is 8/1 against to win. That is definite value there.

I don't see how anyone can think Khan can still be a special fighter. He just can't seem to cut it at the top. I think Hunter is a good choice for him though, as he needs to fight a LOT smarter. But then I am sure Roach told him the same thing and look what happened. Nice of Oscar to throw him a light-punching, fairly green lightweight to him.
12/15/12 5:26 PM
LordSeano

Agree on that as a value bet for sure Phone Post
12/15/12 5:27 PM
LordSeano

This blackwell/saunders fight is a cracking scrap Phone Post
12/15/12 6:14 PM
LordSeano

I dont think yhe ref will let many exchanges like that go Phone Post
12/15/12 6:19 PM
U4EA
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/15/12 6:20 PM
I can't work out if Johnson is trying to make Groves tire himself out or it he is really that exhausted. I suspect he may be playing possom a bit but for 1 minute there he was the world's most expensive punchbag.
12/15/12 6:38 PM
LordSeano

Well it's a good win for his resume but id like to see him fight someone more relevant next Phone Post
12/15/12 6:41 PM
U4EA

Johnson is totally shot, but that was a good workout for Groves. He paced himself well, jabbed, punched, boxed and bullied when he could. I am more sold on him now.

Crazy to think the different he and DeGale's careers are now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.