UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Ufc 158 poster

12/16/12 2:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SamboReigns
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another thread is on the underground about the Ufc re-using the Bad Blood Runs Deep Jaws themed image for the ufc 158 poster. Does that mean the value of the Ufc 137 jaws poster looses value if this is true? What does everyone think?
12/16/12 3:40 AM
Dawggy
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We still don't know how many 143 posters made it out of the zuffa offices. Until exactly how many are in circulation, I think the value should remain constant. With Jesse selling them for a buck 25 each, it's not lime they're worth a bunch right now anyway. Unsigned ones for 158 will easily be distinguished from 143s. Phone Post
12/16/12 7:28 PM
yumaslim
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont think it will kill the value at all. Collecting the different posters is crazy because its the odd ones that people want(137, 143, 154, etc). The rare/odd ones will always hold their value in my opinion.

"We still don't know how many 143 posters made it out of the zuffa offices"

The 143 posters never "made it out of zuffa offices" and we know this. The image was taken from zuffa and printed somewhere else. These posters could be printed again by whoever has the stolen file. These posters will loose their value as soon as more are printed and distributed, not when the 158 posters come out.
12/16/12 9:34 PM
yumaslim
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont know who stole it, but the UFC did NOT print those. They did say that it is their file. It was a file made and decided not to make the poster at that time. Someone got a copy of their file and took it on their own to print. The printed copies showed up on Fighter memorabilias site first but i dont think Jesse printed them. BUT he got them from someone... . .
12/16/12 9:39 PM
SamboReigns
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only difference I can see between the 143 and newer 158 is the wording near the bottom name changes, there may also be a color difference between blue coloring on the posters, but until Zuffa officials actually release the 158 we cant be certain. That's when I believe we will discover if the value gets affected.
12/16/12 9:56 PM
yumaslim

I think everyone will want both posters. A collector will always want the 143 because of the story behind it and that it was never released by the UFC.
12/16/12 9:57 PM
Dawggy
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You may be right, Lloyd. I think only a select few people that collect will really care about the difference, and most probably already have one in their collections. Going to be interesting to see what happens. One thing is for sure, if this is the file they use, I def need to get me a signed by 158. Would look great with silver sharpie sigs
12/16/12 11:04 PM
SamboReigns

fat referee - 

I think it's pretty shady that the 143's were made without the UFC's permission, no trollo. Textbook definition of bootleg.

We got some shady motherfuckas up in here.

Lets say the 143's were printed from a different company outside from the one Zuffa uses, then I agree Bootleg in my opinion to me holds little value. If I had the capabilities of printing posters close to or identical to the same ones that Zuffa prints, and let's say I got every fighters signature on it from the card, would it hold the same value as the Zuffa stickered coa version? I highly doubt that, I think people would want the official Ufc sold signed by the card instead of mine.
12/18/12 2:34 AM
Team GDP
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

does anyone have a picture of this 143, I searched but couldn't find it

1/13/13 3:43 AM
Malcolmdogg
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems that more and more are showing up now, someone is slowly printing them up and releasing them. Value also seems to be sliding down, wouldn't touch this poster with a 10 foot pole. Phone Post
1/13/13 9:45 AM
shatteredsoul14
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so if the original 143 file got stolen from the ufc offices... its an INSIDE JOB. They outsource their printing anyways. So its an original UFC file, an original UFC poster. What difference does it make where it was printed.
1/13/13 2:59 PM
Tap In
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP - 

does anyone have a picture of this 143, I searched but couldn't find it

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w198/jamesrudy380/MMA/Memorabilia/jaws.png
1/18/13 1:31 AM
jdawg69420
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's my UFC 143 poster with Nick holding it. There's a glare, but you can see the signature on the bottom right.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.