UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Bisping 'probably' next for Silva If...

12/16/12 8:29 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Friday night Hector Lombard called out Michael Bisping, but Saturday night UFC President Dana White said he may have greater plans in store. After almost seven years in the the UFC, Michael Bisping may finally get a shot at UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva.

“If Bisping wins, Bisping will probably get that next shot,” said White at the TUF 16 Finale post-fight press conference.

The if of course is Vitor Belfort, fighting on his home turf. To get the Silva, Bisping has to beat Vitor Belfort at 'UFC on FX 7’ on January 19th, 2013 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Bisping has won five of his last six, losing only to the Eveready Bunny of UFC title contenders Chael Sonnen.

Will Bisping get by Belfort? And if so, what will his gameplan be vs. the GOAT?

12/16/12 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Malvert the Janitor
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a Vitor guy, but damn would it suck for Bisping to lose when he's one fight away from a title shot.....again. Phone Post
12/16/12 8:35 AM
Frankie Emelianenko
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha yea.. Still dont see Bisping dethroning the Spider anyhow, even if he wins. I see Belfort winning by TKO and Michael having to start over. Phone Post
12/16/12 8:36 AM
SupesUp
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah he's been in this position many times.
I hope he gets over the contender hump Phone Post
12/16/12 8:37 AM
Frankie Emelianenko

Either way DFW said 'probably' which could mean countless things. Like winner of Shogun/Vera or Machida/Bader will [probably] get next shot at JBJ. Phone Post
12/16/12 8:44 AM
Entreri

At least he gets his shot and hopefully earns $$$ for the beating.

RIP Bisping.

Less than a handful of guys in the UFC have around 50/50 chance to beat Silva, including HW's (JDS and Overeem).

The fight the fans want to see Silva vs. Jones.
12/16/12 8:46 AM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Entreri - At least he gets his shot and hopefully earns $$$ for the beating.

RIP Bisping.

Less than a handful of guys in the UFC have around 50/50 chance to beat Silva, including HW's (JDS and Overeem).

"Less than a handful of guys in the UFC have around 50/50 chance to beat Silva, including HW's (JDS and Overeem)."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

12/16/12 8:48 AM
Gooner H Smith

Anderson: Hey, Mike, why don't you go practice falling down. I'll be there in a minute. Phone Post
12/16/12 8:53 AM
Entreri

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 

RIP Bisping.

"Less than a handful of guys in the UFC have around 50/50 chance to beat Silva, including HW's (JDS and Overeem)."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I know, some people see HW under a name and think quite mistakenly that these slow buggers can take out anyone in the lower weight classes. Anderson will Matrix most of them.

When Jones moves up, the blind will see :)

Randy moving up and taking out Sylvia (the reigning UFC HW at that time)...Henderson taking out HW GOAT Fedor. Just a few examples.

Silva is that good, too bad we are unlikely to ever see Jones vs. Silva. Jones has the right tools.
12/16/12 8:55 AM
Gooner H Smith

Cung knocked my ace out - You people actually put stock in what that clown sez??

Hell the way things go, Diaz will get the shot @ 85 next.

What a joke this is becoming Phone Post
Wahhh. Go watch SFL. Phone Post
12/16/12 9:04 AM
I'm.A.Sentimental.Ginger

On behalf of all the UKTT I'd like to formally say .........

Y
A
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y Phone Post
12/16/12 9:16 AM
weepingbeaver

I'm.A.Sentimental.Ginger - On behalf of all the UKTT I'd like to formally say .........

Y
A
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y Phone Post
This. Phone Post
12/16/12 9:17 AM
JBASS
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Starting to get slightly annoyed with all of these fighters outside of top contention getting title shots. Sonnen gets an undeserved title shot over anyone who has fought LHW in the past 5 years, Edgar gets an undeserved title shot over TKZ/Koch, Diaz gets his undeserved shot over any top ten fighter and now there is the potential that bisping also gets an undeserved shot over Weidman/Belcher/Lombard/Boetsch in the MW division.
It's quite disheartening for fans like me who just wants to see the champion fight the division's #1 contender for the title.
12/16/12 9:25 AM
Gooner H Smith

Cung knocked my ace out -
Gooner H Smith -
Cung knocked my ace out - You people actually put stock in what that clown sez??

Hell the way things go, Diaz will get the shot @ 85 next.

What a joke this is becoming Phone Post
Wahhh. Go watch SFL. Phone Post
Thats the answer when you cant explain stupid.

First hendo.. then Johny.. have a feeling bisping will b next. Phone Post
No I would just rather not spend my time bitching about things I cannot and will not ever be able to change. I would just rather enjoy the fights we get. Mismatches happen, if you can't understand that scheduling fights that make 100% sense every time is a logistical nightmare and impossible then you're an idiot. Just because the Internet screams a guy has no chance it does not make it true. Serra and Edgar had no chance, right? Phone Post
12/16/12 9:25 AM
MMALOGIC

bisping has lost every title eliminator he has been in... could this time be different?

he got knocked out by Hendo..

He got beat by chael.

Now he's fighting Vitor.

Bispings chin cant handle Vitors power.  He's in a 5 round fight against a guy who only needs to land one shot.

12/16/12 9:29 AM
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Entreri - 

RIP Bisping.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I know, some people see HW under a name and think quite mistakenly that these slow buggers can take out anyone in the lower weight classes. Anderson will Matrix most of them.

Randy moving up and taking out Sylvia (the reigning UFC HW at that time)...Henderson taking out HW GOAT Fedor. Just a few examples.

Silva is that good, too bad we are unlikely to ever see Jones vs. Silva. Jones has the right tools.

Randy was a HW who moved down and Henderson fought a Fedor way past his prime, furthermore Fedor was smashing him to bits, then got caught. If you think silva would stand a chance against The Reem you need to find a new sport. 

12/16/12 9:31 AM

MMALOGIC - 

bisping has lost every title eliminator he has been in... could this time be different?

he got knocked out by Hendo..

He got beat by chael.

Now he's fighting Vitor.

Bispings chin cant handle Vitors power.  He's in a 5 round fight against a guy who only needs to land one shot.

Agreed, he has little to no chance of beating vitor.

12/16/12 9:33 AM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If Bisping wins..."

I thought Dana only gave folks a title shot nowadays if they are coming off a loss. :-)

12/16/12 9:42 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

I genuinely hope Mike gets a shot at the title. He's worked extremely hard to realise his dream. He's got an impressive record, all of his losses, aside from a Hendo induced coma were debatable.

I'm a huge Vitor fan but on this occasion I want him to lose.

As a side note, I'd love to see Vitor vs Weidman in the near future. Phone Post
12/16/12 9:43 AM
Entreri

Entreri - 

RIP Bisping.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Randy was a HW who moved down and Henderson fought a Fedor way past his prime, furthermore Fedor was smashing him to bits, then got caught. If you think silva would stand a chance against The Reem you need to find a new sport. 

Tim Sylvia was the reigning HW champ at the time, most fans stated he would beat Fedor (I personally laughed at this). Randy was beaten soundly by Chuck before moving up to the easier HW division.

Regardless of Fedor's status, he is the HW GOAT and lost to a MW Henderson.

Overeem is great but still overrated, he got smashed to bits against various LHW's in Pride (and Chuck). All that muscle has not improved his chin...he has been KO'ed several times. Overeem has power and good technique, but is relatively slow...Badr took him out in 2 minutes in their rematch. Don't believe the hype that Overeem is some unstoppable Frate Trane.

The best athletes of that size are not in the UFC HW division, boxing etc...but are playing major league sports such as football ($$$). The HW division has always been the weakest in terms of the talent pool.

If you don't think Silva doesn't stand a chance against any fighter in the UFC, you need to watch a new sport.
12/16/12 9:49 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 12/16/12 9:49 AM
JBASS - Starting to get slightly annoyed with all of these fighters outside of top contention getting title shots. Sonnen gets an undeserved title shot over anyone who has fought LHW in the past 5 years, Edgar gets an undeserved title shot over TKZ/Koch, Diaz gets his undeserved shot over any top ten fighter and now there is the potential that bisping also gets an undeserved shot over Weidman/Belcher/Lombard/Boetsch in the MW division.
It's quite disheartening for fans like me who just wants to see the champion fight the division's #1 contender for the title.

that's why you should support same weight class events :)...

these guys are getting shots that they dont deserve because the casual fanbase does not know who the real contenders are....

if you only feature one weight class per event the casual fans would be screaming for hendricks/gsp.  Imagine if Hendricks got his wins against waldburger, pierce, fitch, koscheck and kampmann on events that only featured WW's...  even the brain dead and nick diaz fans would clearly see Jonny is the #1 contender at WW. 

Nick Diaz wouldnt even be a consideration unless it's to replace an injured fighter.

12/16/12 9:50 AM
Gooner H Smith

MMALOGIC - 
JBASS - Starting to get slightly annoyed with all of these fighters outside of top contention getting title shots. Sonnen gets an undeserved title shot over anyone who has fought LHW in the past 5 years, Edgar gets an undeserved title shot over TKZ/Koch, Diaz gets his undeserved shot over any top ten fighter and now there is the potential that bisping also gets an undeserved shot over Weidman/Belcher/Lombard/Boetsch in the MW division.

that's why you should support same weight class events :)...

these guys are getting shots that they dont deserve because the casual fanbase does not know who the real contenders are....

if you only feature one weight class per event the casual fans would be screaming for hendricks/gsp.  Imagine if Hendricks got his wins against waldburger, pierce, fitch, koscheck and kampmann on events that only featured WW's...  even the brain dead and nick diaz fans would clearly see Jonny is the #1 contender at WW. 

Nick Diaz wouldnt even be a consideration unless it's to replace an injured fighter.

Same weight class events would rock. I made a thread about it a while back and it didnt get any love. The HW card is a perfect example of how well it could work. It would definitely take some time to sort it out logistically though.

12/16/12 9:53 AM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Bisping wins. It's be nice to see him finally get his title shot. He's put his work in. Phone Post
12/16/12 9:55 AM

Entreri - 
Entreri - 

RIP Bisping.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Tim Sylvia was the reigning HW champ at the time, most fans stated he would beat Fedor (I personally laughed at this). Randy was beaten soundly by Chuck before moving up to the easier HW division.

Regardless of Fedor's status, he is the HW GOAT and lost to a MW Henderson.

Overeem is great but still overrated, he got smashed to bits against various LHW's in Pride (and Chuck). All that muscle has not improved his chin...he has been KO'ed several times. Overeem has power and good technique, but is relatively slow...Badr took him out in 2 minutes in their rematch. Don't believe the hype that Overeem is some unstoppable Frate Trane.

The best athletes of that size are not in the UFC HW division, boxing etc...but are playing major league sports such as football ($$$). The HW division has always been the weakest in terms of the talent pool.

If you don't think Silva doesn't stand a chance against any fighter in the UFC, you need to watch a new sport.

Actually all that muscle does improve you chin, thats pretty much common knowledge... I take it you don't train...

Anyway, believe what you like, Silva has no chance against the best LHW (JBJs), and JBJs will get smashed when he jumps in with the big boys like The Reem. Oh and by the way, the best large American athletes might go into American Football (Like its even the same skills set anyway :-/ Nelson v Meathead anyone?), however there are 6 billion people in the world, and guess what, most are not American.  

12/16/12 10:08 AM
yabadaba
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"the easier HW division"

This is a silly opinion but there's always a small minority who hold it. If any higher weight class was easier than the weight class below it why do pretty much all fighters (other than at HW) put so much effort into cutting weight to avoid the higher weight classes?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.