UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Bisping 'probably' next for Silva If...

12/16/12 10:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 
Entreri - 
Entreri - 
Entreri - At least he gets his shot and hopefully earns $$$ for the beating.

RIP Bisping.

Less than a handful of guys in the UFC have around 50/50 chance to beat Silva, including HW's (JDS and Overeem).

The fight the fans want to see Silva vs. Jones.

"Less than a handful of guys in the UFC have around 50/50 chance to beat Silva, including HW's (JDS and Overeem)."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I know, some people see HW under a name and think quite mistakenly that these slow buggers can take out anyone in the lower weight classes. Anderson will Matrix most of them.

When Jones moves up, the blind will see :)

Randy moving up and taking out Sylvia (the reigning UFC HW at that time)...Henderson taking out HW GOAT Fedor. Just a few examples.

Silva is that good, too bad we are unlikely to ever see Jones vs. Silva. Jones has the right tools.

Randy was a HW who moved down and Henderson fought a Fedor way past his prime, furthermore Fedor was smashing him to bits, then got caught. If you think silva would stand a chance against The Reem you need to find a new sport. 

Tim Sylvia was the reigning HW champ at the time, most fans stated he would beat Fedor (I personally laughed at this). Randy was beaten soundly by Chuck before moving up to the easier HW division.

Regardless of Fedor's status, he is the HW GOAT and lost to a MW Henderson.

Overeem is great but still overrated, he got smashed to bits against various LHW's in Pride (and Chuck). All that muscle has not improved his chin...he has been KO'ed several times. Overeem has power and good technique, but is relatively slow...Badr took him out in 2 minutes in their rematch. Don't believe the hype that Overeem is some unstoppable Frate Trane.

The best athletes of that size are not in the UFC HW division, boxing etc...but are playing major league sports such as football ($$$). The HW division has always been the weakest in terms of the talent pool.

If you don't think Silva doesn't stand a chance against any fighter in the UFC, you need to watch a new sport.

Actually all that muscle does improve you chin, thats pretty much common knowledge... I take it you don't train...

Anyway, believe what you like, Silva has no chance against the best LHW (JBJs), and JBJs will get smashed when he jumps in with the big boys like The Reem. Oh and by the way, the best large American athletes might go into American Football (Like its even the same skills set anyway :-/ Nelson v Meathead anyone?), however there are 6 billion people in the world, and guess what, most are not American.  

If you can't take a punch, you can't take a punch, see Badr's KO of Overeem. Those neck muscles really helped...

No chance against Jones? LMAO. Vitor got matrixed, but nearly took out Jones. Bonnar vs. Silva, Bonnar vs. Jones...

Machida was doing well against Jones and as Machida stated, Anderson is light years ahead.

And wait till Jones goes up to HW, the Jones haters will be in for a shock.

You have to take into account the resources ($$$, facilities) needed to make great martial artists (and the popularity/lack of the sport).

Btw, there are over 7 billion people in the world.
12/16/12 10:14 AM
Gooner H Smith

Entreri - 
Entreri - 

RIP Bisping.

Less than a handful of guys in the UFC have around 50/50 chance to beat Silva, including HW's (JDS and Overeem).

"Less than a handful of guys in the UFC have around 50/50 chance to beat Silva, including HW's (JDS and Overeem)."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I know, some people see HW under a name and think quite mistakenly that these slow buggers can take out anyone in the lower weight classes. Anderson will Matrix most of them.

Randy moving up and taking out Sylvia (the reigning UFC HW at that time)...Henderson taking out HW GOAT Fedor. Just a few examples.

Silva is that good, too bad we are unlikely to ever see Jones vs. Silva. Jones has the right tools.

Randy was a HW who moved down and Henderson fought a Fedor way past his prime, furthermore Fedor was smashing him to bits, then got caught. If you think silva would stand a chance against The Reem you need to find a new sport. 

Tim Sylvia was the reigning HW champ at the time, most fans stated he would beat Fedor (I personally laughed at this). Randy was beaten soundly by Chuck before moving up to the easier HW division.

Overeem is great but still overrated, he got smashed to bits against various LHW's in Pride (and Chuck). All that muscle has not improved his chin...he has been KO'ed several times. Overeem has power and good technique, but is relatively slow...Badr took him out in 2 minutes in their rematch. Don't believe the hype that Overeem is some unstoppable Frate Trane.

The best athletes of that size are not in the UFC HW division, boxing etc...but are playing major league sports such as football ($$$). The HW division has always been the weakest in terms of the talent pool.

If you don't think Silva doesn't stand a chance against any fighter in the UFC, you need to watch a new sport.

Actually all that muscle does improve you chin, thats pretty much common knowledge... I take it you don't train...

Anyway, believe what you like, Silva has no chance against the best LHW (JBJs), and JBJs will get smashed when he jumps in with the big boys like The Reem. Oh and by the way, the best large American athletes might go into American Football (Like its even the same skills set anyway :-/ Nelson v Meathead anyone?), however there are 6 billion people in the world, and guess what, most are not American.  

Pretty much common knowledge? No. It might look that way because some guys are heavily muscled and have good chins but there is no way you can make that correlation. Look at the best chins in the game:

Anderson: Not havily muscled

BJ Penn: Not heavily muscled

Dan Henderson: Not heavily muscled

Roy Nelson: Fat as fuck

Shogun: Not heavily muscled

Fedor: Big dude but not overly muscular. 

Cabbage (i know he is semi retired and not relevant): fat as fuck

Nog (back in the day): Not heavily muscled.

And the opposite:

Todd Duffee: Thick, Solid, Tight. No chin.

Brock: Thick, Solid, Tight. Doesn't like getting hit.

Arlovski: Pretty thick. No chin.

12/16/12 10:23 AM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/16/12 10:24 AM
Gooner H Smith - 
Entreri - 
Entreri - 

RIP Bisping.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Pretty much common knowledge? No. It might look that way because some guys are heavily muscled and have good chins but there is no way you can make that correlation. Look at the best chins in the game:

Anderson: Not havily muscled

BJ Penn: Not heavily muscled

Dan Henderson: Not heavily muscled

Roy Nelson: Fat as fuck

Shogun: Not heavily muscled

Fedor: Big dude but not overly muscular. 

Cabbage (i know he is semi retired and not relevant): fat as fuck

Nog (back in the day): Not heavily muscled.

And the opposite:

Todd Duffee: Thick, Solid, Tight. No chin.

Brock: Thick, Solid, Tight. Doesn't like getting hit.

Arlovski: Pretty thick. No chin.

Its a biological fact that there is a correlation between the size of certain neck muscles, for example google sternocleidomastoid, and the ability to take a punch. If any of the above individuals increase the size of their neck muscles they will be able to take harder punches. There are of course other factors but it doesn't change the fact that bulking up helps your chin... Or do you think went The Reem bulked up he made sure to avoid the neck area???

12/16/12 10:25 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBASS - Starting to get slightly annoyed with all of these fighters outside of top contention getting title shots. Sonnen gets an undeserved title shot over anyone who has fought LHW in the past 5 years, Edgar gets an undeserved title shot over TKZ/Koch, Diaz gets his undeserved shot over any top ten fighter and now there is the potential that bisping also gets an undeserved shot over Weidman/Belcher/Lombard/Boetsch in the MW division.
It's quite disheartening for fans like me who just wants to see the champion fight the division's #1 contender for the title.

On what planet does Belcher or Lombard or even Boetsch deserve a title shot.  Big Belcher fan, but that doesnt mean hes in contention yet.  Lombards beat cans and a non top 20 Paul Harris and OK, Boetsch has a shout but who wants to see that?  If Bisping beats Vitor, there is no-one more deserving.  I'd love you to show me a ranking with Lombard or Blecher above Bisping cause I dont think one exists other than the one in your head.

12/16/12 10:27 AM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - He's in a 5 round fight against a guy who only needs to land one shot.

So like Bisping's last fight then?
12/16/12 10:34 AM
Gooner H Smith

Its a biological fact that there is a correlation between the size of certain neck muscles, for example google sternocleidomastoid, and the ability to take a punch. If any of the above individuals increase the size of their neck muscles they will be able to take harder punches. There are of course other factors but it doesn't change the fact that bulking up helps your chin... Or do you think went The Reem bulked up he made sure to avoid the neck area???

I'm not saying it couldn't help slightly but I think its a negligble difference if any at all.

12/16/12 10:37 AM
Gooner H Smith

3rdLion - 
MMALOGIC - He's in a 5 round fight against a guy who only needs to land one shot.

Comparing Brian Stann to Vitor Belfort is a typical Bisping nutgugger argument. See: Ignorant. 

12/16/12 11:10 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

It would be fitting for the Spider to weave his web and catch another can
12/16/12 11:17 AM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he wins then I think he deserves the shot but if history is a guide then he will lose and have to start pushing the rock back up again.
12/16/12 11:44 AM
idsmashit

Anderson will try to find a way to fight a easier opponent like GSP. Bisping will beat Anderson over 5 rd's if he doesnt tko him.
12/16/12 11:47 AM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gooner H Smith - 
3rdLion - 

Comparing Brian Stann to Vitor Belfort is a typical Bisping nutgugger argument. See: Ignorant. 

Please elaborate on the "nuthugging"

Bisping has been KO'd once and has fought many powerful strikers. Regarding this comment I merely stated that Bisping fought a guy who could have knocked him out with one shot yet Bisping eased through him.
12/16/12 12:13 PM
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YourJesus - 

RIP Bisping.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Why are you LOLing big boy? I agree with what he said. No one in the UFC can beat Anderson standing, and the only change one of these fat boys at HW has to beat him is via smothering him on the ground. Of course, why would we expect a Brock fan to know about mma? Brock was the anithesis of what a mixed martial fighter should be. The guy had the striking of Rosanne Barr and the will to fight when gettin beat down of Tom Arnold. Sorry guys, saw the Rosanne comedy central roast teh other day.

LOL @ a "brock fan"... Noob

12/16/12 12:20 PM
Dougie
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see Bisping losing in a spectacular fashion.

12/16/12 12:28 PM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBASS - Starting to get slightly annoyed with all of these fighters outside of top contention getting title shots. Sonnen gets an undeserved title shot over anyone who has fought LHW in the past 5 years, Edgar gets an undeserved title shot over TKZ/Koch, Diaz gets his undeserved shot over any top ten fighter and now there is the potential that bisping also gets an undeserved shot over Weidman/Belcher/Lombard/Boetsch in the MW division.
It's quite disheartening for fans like me who just wants to see the champion fight the division's #1 contender for the title.
You think that Bisping wouldn't deserve it if he beats Vitor in Brazil? Phone Post
12/16/12 12:49 PM
Rear Naked Chode
430 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So then bisping is pretty much a lock to get ko'd in one of his two next fights? Fuck it, why not?
12/16/12 12:54 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bet the house on VItor. Bisping will always be a bridesmaid, never the bride.
12/16/12 12:54 PM
Brian Rule
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Eveready Bunny" LOL

Energizer Bunny imo
12/16/12 1:02 PM
markiz

Bisping vs Silva, even if he somehow gets past Belfort is pretty much the most retarded matchup for a title shot in that division right now.
I'd rather give that to Munoz, even if he lost his last by KO. At least he's got takedowns and some KO power.

Bisping has no power, no rasslin, no nothing to beat even Wanderlei Silva and he's supposed to fight Anderson?
That's gonna be a rape, as purest as it can get.
12/16/12 1:08 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

JBASS - Starting to get slightly annoyed with all of these fighters outside of top contention getting title shots. Sonnen gets an undeserved title shot over anyone who has fought LHW in the past 5 years, Edgar gets an undeserved title shot over TKZ/Koch, Diaz gets his undeserved shot over any top ten fighter and now there is the potential that bisping also gets an undeserved shot over Weidman/Belcher/Lombard/Boetsch in the MW division.

Assuming that Bisping beats up Vitor, no one you named has a stronger case to be the #1 contender other than Weidman, who just had surgery and lost his home...

12/16/12 1:09 PM
Jaybrone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only problem is he has been here a couple times before. And has failed. I want to see him get his shot so he can finally stfu about it. Anderson would clown him but at least Bisping could finally stop talking about how he deserves it. Phone Post
12/16/12 1:41 PM
Farewell Brock
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gooner H Smith -
MMALOGIC - 

that's why you should support same weight class events :)...

these guys are getting shots that they dont deserve because the casual fanbase does not know who the real contenders are....

if you only feature one weight class per event the casual fans would be screaming for hendricks/gsp.  Imagine if Hendricks got his wins against waldburger, pierce, fitch, koscheck and kampmann on events that only featured WW's...  even the brain dead and nick diaz fans would clearly see Jonny is the #1 contender at WW. 

Nick Diaz wouldnt even be a consideration unless it's to replace an injured fighter.

Same weight class events would rock. I made a thread about it a while back and it didnt get any love. The HW card is a perfect example of how well it could work. It would definitely take some time to sort it out logistically though.

I as well brought that idea up. Probably within the week of watching the all hw card. Same class events are yge way to go. Phone Post
12/16/12 1:46 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Farewell Brock -
Gooner H Smith -
MMALOGIC - 

that's why you should support same weight class events :)...

these guys are getting shots that they dont deserve because the casual fanbase does not know who the real contenders are....

if you only feature one weight class per event the casual fans would be screaming for hendricks/gsp.  Imagine if Hendricks got his wins against waldburger, pierce, fitch, koscheck and kampmann on events that only featured WW's...  even the brain dead and nick diaz fans would clearly see Jonny is the #1 contender at WW. 

Nick Diaz wouldnt even be a consideration unless it's to replace an injured fighter.

Same weight class events would rock. I made a thread about it a while back and it didnt get any love. The HW card is a perfect example of how well it could work. It would definitely take some time to sort it out logistically though.

I as well brought that idea up. Probably within the week of watching the all hw card. Same class events are yge way to go. Phone Post
They're good ideas but I think the lighter weight divisions would struggle to pull in the numbers.

Maybe two weight cards? Phone Post
12/16/12 1:59 PM
chris curry

Bisping doesn't deserve a title shot but really who the fuck does anymore. Honestly I'd like to see how much damage Anderson could inflict on him and how devastating it would look. So I say let him bang Dana we know it just takes losing a fight to get a title shot
12/16/12 3:49 PM
ufcman187

It comes down to which Vitor shows up. The one that quits when he gets behind a round or old school that just wants to bang
12/16/12 4:13 PM
ranier wolfcastle
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/16/12 4:22 PM
4 se

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.