UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Bisping 'probably' next for Silva If...

12/16/12 4:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

markiz - Bisping vs Silva, even if he somehow gets past Belfort is pretty much the most retarded matchup for a title shot in that division right now.
I'd rather give that to Munoz, even if he lost his last by KO. At least he's got takedowns and some KO power.

Bisping has no power, no rasslin, no nothing to beat even Wanderlei Silva and he's supposed to fight Anderson?
That's gonna be a rape, as purest as it can get.

Bisping can hit Anderson 100 times (he would be lucky to hit him once or twice btw) and it will have NO IMPACT.

Anderson hits Bisping ONCE, good night sweet prince! And I like Bisping. We are going to see Matrix Part IV (or is it V?) with Mr. Anderson against Bisping.

At least Munoz would put on a show, even though he would also lose. Nobody at MW can touch Anderson.
12/16/12 4:24 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

ranier wolfcastle -
4 se

Heads pointing wrong way in the first one. Fail. Phone Post
12/16/12 6:50 PM
swany

Silvas position in his career is the stumbling block for bisping. Bisping has nothing for Anderson and Dana knows this. Of bisping had a shred of power he probably would have already fought and lost to silva already. Why waste one of the few remaining fights silva has on bispin. If he fights bisping, any potential superfight with Anderson will be delayed by at least 12 months. And every year that goes by its more unfair to put him in a legacy fight against either bones or gsp who are in their prime. Plus the fact that bisping was in the relieving end of probably the eat ko in UFC history against a guy that silva clowned in the feet. I have zero interest in watching that fight other than the gurantee of seeing another silva highlight.
12/16/12 10:50 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
ranier wolfcastle -
4 se

ummm you are dumb
12/16/12 11:23 PM
KneeToFaceKO

UGCTT_NKTKDace - 
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
ranier wolfcastle -
4 se

ummm you are dumb

hahaha Mikey Bizzle getting KTFO, even a shopped pic ALWAYS makes me smile. He s a dirty, classless fighter. Gatekeeper for life.
12/17/12 12:22 AM
GC111

KneeToFaceKO - 
UGCTT_NKTKDace - 
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
ranier wolfcastle -
4 se

ummm you are dumb

hahaha Mikey Bizzle getting KTFO, even a shopped pic ALWAYS makes me smile. He s a dirty, classless fighter. Gatekeeper for life.

Pictures back from the future!
12/17/12 9:48 AM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris

I'm.A.Sentimental.Ginger -  On behalf of all the UKTT I'd like to formally say .........

Y
A
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y Phone Post

you guys still around ?  regarless He deserves this

12/17/12 9:56 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 12/17/12 10:47 AM
AS camp angled for this joke of a match up for years VS a guy with no chance of victory at all, who never beat anyone of true note at all. Fight VS Vitor who himself has not won a huge fight forever is NOT in the bag though.
12/17/12 12:30 PM
JBASS
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimp Strength - 
JBASS - Starting to get slightly annoyed with all of these fighters outside of top contention getting title shots. Sonnen gets an undeserved title shot over anyone who has fought LHW in the past 5 years, Edgar gets an undeserved title shot over TKZ/Koch, Diaz gets his undeserved shot over any top ten fighter and now there is the potential that bisping also gets an undeserved shot over Weidman/Belcher/Lombard/Boetsch in the MW division.
It's quite disheartening for fans like me who just wants to see the champion fight the division's #1 contender for the title.

On what planet does Belcher or Lombard or even Boetsch deserve a title shot.  Big Belcher fan, but that doesnt mean hes in contention yet.  Lombards beat cans and a non top 20 Paul Harris and OK, Boetsch has a shout but who wants to see that?  If Bisping beats Vitor, there is no-one more deserving.  I'd love you to show me a ranking with Lombard or Blecher above Bisping cause I dont think one exists other than the one in your head.

Belcher: 4 fight win streak (all finishes). He got screwed majorly in the Akiyama fight so IMO he should be on a 7 fight win streak.

Lombard: Might've lost against Boetsch in an arguable decision but so did Bisping against Sonnen. Was on a 20 fight win streak before that IIRC on the number.

Boetsch: 4 fight win streak, undefeated at MW

Pretty sure all those records are more impressive than Bisping's current record.
12/17/12 12:35 PM
JBASS
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
JBASS - Starting to get slightly annoyed with all of these fighters outside of top contention getting title shots. Sonnen gets an undeserved title shot over anyone who has fought LHW in the past 5 years, Edgar gets an undeserved title shot over TKZ/Koch, Diaz gets his undeserved shot over any top ten fighter and now there is the potential that bisping also gets an undeserved shot over Weidman/Belcher/Lombard/Boetsch in the MW division.
It's quite disheartening for fans like me who just wants to see the champion fight the division's #1 contender for the title.

Assuming that Bisping beats up Vitor, no one you named has a stronger case to be the #1 contender other than Weidman, who just had surgery and lost his home...

See 2 posts before this one dude, I gave my reasoning as to why I believe that those guys are more deserving of the shot. Bisping will be back into contention with a win over Belfort IMO.
12/17/12 12:36 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly think Bisping could give Anderson trouble for a round or two....then Anderson does what Anderson does best..win
12/17/12 12:37 PM
JBASS

JBASS - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Assuming that Bisping beats up Vitor, no one you named has a stronger case to be the #1 contender other than Weidman, who just had surgery and lost his home...

See 2 posts before this one dude, I gave my reasoning as to why I believe that those guys are more deserving of the shot. Bisping will be back into contention with a win over Belfort IMO.

I meant my post just above that one hahaha. Damn, it's nearly 5am!!
12/17/12 12:58 PM
Lazer MMA

JBASS - 
Chimp Strength - 

On what planet does Belcher or Lombard or even Boetsch deserve a title shot.  Big Belcher fan, but that doesnt mean hes in contention yet.  Lombards beat cans and a non top 20 Paul Harris and OK, Boetsch has a shout but who wants to see that?  If Bisping beats Vitor, there is no-one more deserving.  I'd love you to show me a ranking with Lombard or Blecher above Bisping cause I dont think one exists other than the one in your head.

Belcher: 4 fight win streak (all finishes). He got screwed majorly in the Akiyama fight so IMO he should be on a 7 fight win streak.

Lombard: Might've lost against Boetsch in an arguable decision but so did Bisping against Sonnen. Was on a 20 fight win streak before that IIRC on the number.

Pretty sure all those records are more impressive than Bisping's current record.

All logical except "screwed majorly in the Akiyama fight" although I thought so too until I watched with no volume (Rogan bias) as the fight was close as hell.

12/17/12 7:29 PM
knuckleballs

I would put Bisping at 20,000-1 odds in this fight, and, even then, i would still bet my life savings on Silva.

Baldfather, I beg you, please don't make us watch this fight! All of Silva's fights from here on out should be special events, not fights where his opponents are 20,000-1 longshots.

No offense to Bisping, but his name shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Silva's.
12/17/12 10:05 PM
JBASS

Lazer MMA - 
JBASS - 
Chimp Strength - 

All logical except "screwed majorly in the Akiyama fight" although I thought so too until I watched with no volume (Rogan bias) as the fight was close as hell.

When I watched the fight, I was in a bar and couldn't hear Rogan either and I still think Belcher won that fight. But even with the loss, he is still on a 4 fight win streak with some great finishes - especially the Paul Harris fight. He played around in the guard with leg locks with a guy that nobody wants to go to the ground with and he still got the TKO from some brutal GnP.

Belchers win over Paul Harris was far more impressive to me than anything that Bisping has done in his UFC career. It's not like I am a Bisping hater, I used to love the guy until the whole spitting incident and now I'm more indifferent than anything. I just don't understand how people think he will be the #1 contender if he beats Belfort. The only way I might agree with giving him the shot is if he stops Belfort in some insane, crazy way. But I don't foresee that and happening and still think that there are better contenders in the MW division who are more deserving.
12/17/12 11:10 PM
Jaybrone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBASS -
Chimp Strength - 

While agree with you I don't think Belcher got screwed to bad I. The Aliyama fight it was a very close fight. But Alan has definitely improved immensely since that fight. Phone Post
12/17/12 11:45 PM
Loiosh
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/17/12 11:46 PM
I don't think he deserves a title shot, but I'd love to see the DisCount get smashed by Silva.<br /><br />Every time I hear Bisping's name I think of this disgraceful act:<br /><br /http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB_nxp_Wcv4
12/18/12 1:54 AM
Loadin76
941 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Dan Hardy can get his shot agianst GSP then Bisping should get his shot at Silva. Hell think of all the photoshop fun we could have....

12/18/12 6:33 AM
JBASS

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - Who the hell has Belcher beaten? I don't care if he has 10 straight wins, if none of those are Top 10 fighters, it's irrelevant.

I know he posts here so there are plenty of huggers but c'mon.

Paul Harris who was also on a 3 fight win streak at the time with 2 brutal leg locks. Not to mention how he beat him too - played footsy with a guy that nobody in the world should play footsy with and pounded him out. That was more impressive to me in comparison to Bisping's close decision win over Stann.
12/18/12 6:43 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Belcher will ruin Okami
12/18/12 7:12 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBASS -
Chimp Strength - 

Standard of opponents counts for something in my book. Belcher has zero top ten wins and Lombard lost the second he stepped up to the big league. Same old line regurgitated every time Bisping's name is mentioned. Plenty think Bisping did enough to beat Chael who is without doubt the second best 185er. Phone Post
12/18/12 8:49 AM
Lazer MMA

Chimp Strength - 
JBASS -
Chimp Strength - 

Standard of opponents counts for something in my book. Belcher has zero top ten wins and Lombard lost the second he stepped up to the big league. Same old line regurgitated every time Bisping's name is mentioned. Plenty think Bisping did enough to beat Chael who is without doubt the second best 185er. Phone Post

Stop Sonnen won rd.'s 1 and 3 easy. I know you don't troll but wtf? Bisping beat one decent fighter ever (not any single top tier one). Hell even if he beats Belfort when was the last time Belfort won any huge fight at at (never at MW BTW)?

Bisping is a pure gimme fight for AS which he has positioned for forever.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.