UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My first fight (one-punch KO) (vid)

12/16/12 4:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RacingRacingRacing
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not British, I'm Irish. ;-)

Thanks for the sound words, lads. I'm just about to turn 27 and have largely been on the shelf in sports terms since my late teens, so I'm at a bit of a crossroads as where to take this.
12/16/12 4:34 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RacingRacingRacing - I'm not British, I'm Irish. ;-)

Thanks for the sound words, lads. I'm just about to turn 27 and have largely been on the shelf in sports terms since my late teens, so I'm at a bit of a crossroads as where to take this.

Heh, I know what that's like.  But you just gotta give er hell while you can man.  27 is still fairly young, you don't have to make the UFC or something like that, but have some fun with it, see where it takes you and just enjoy it while you can.  27 is a good age man.  Starting to really come into your man strength, but still have youthful enthuisasm.  Don't worry about people shitting on you and saying you are too old to get started into anything, boxing and mma are both as much about what's between your ears then how tough and athletic you are.

12/16/12 4:34 PM
HaoleBoy
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that little place looks kind of fun

could you fill me in on white collar boxing?

and is that a bar?

good job bro!
represent!
12/16/12 4:40 PM
RacingRacingRacing
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HaoleBoy - that little place looks kind of fun

could you fill me in on white collar boxing?

and is that a bar?

good job bro!
represent!

Basically, it was all about fund raising. 30 people signed up, mostly with no experience, some with a bit, we all trained together for 10 weeks and the coaches matched us up as best they could. On the night, we just set up a ring in some middle of some badminton courts, sold 300 tickets and let her rip. We raised a lot of money for the Irish Cancer Society and if anyone wants to contribute, you can do it here: http://www.mycharity.ie/event/kevinblake/

Sorry for the cheap plug, but you did ask and it's for a great cause. :-)
12/16/12 5:08 PM
And Wagners Cut
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking perfect punch. Phone Post
12/16/12 6:03 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice short right hook to the jaw. Well done. Phone Post
12/16/12 6:31 PM
RacingRacingRacing

It was right on the point of the chin, his eyes rolled as soon as soon as it connected. For the record, he was fine. Minor concussion I'd say, but he was in good form afterwards.
12/16/12 6:37 PM
whatamess

well done pimp

you must feel great
12/16/12 8:28 PM
I'm.A.Sentimental.Ginger

If to hit someone in 4oz gloves they'll sleep for a week if you do that in 14oz

Well done mate and try MMA for sure Phone Post
12/16/12 8:57 PM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i love thos old worn canvases. you can find the sweet spots with the most grip.

Your hands recoil back to your face nicely for a white collar. Your body shots made his elbows stay lower which widened his face exposure.

i was expecting "so you wanna fight" typa shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Jnc0I2qSI
12/16/12 9:11 PM
gratespeller
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice shot, well done. Phone Post
12/16/12 10:35 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man

I predicted that would be the punch to end it after only watching a few secs. Nice job. Some guys just have natural punching torque and power...you are one of em my friend. 

12/16/12 10:44 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Natural talent there kid. Keep learning even if you never plan on fighting for more than fun don't let it go to waste. Best of luck to you!
12/16/12 10:47 PM
ZombieAutoPilot

Impressive. Phone Post
12/17/12 2:33 AM
tiger07
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bingo! Some heat in your punches, for sure.

Don't be hard on your technique, as it was very good given the amount of time you've actually been sparring.

Like the others have said, if you can do that in 14's, you'll rest anyone in 4's if you find their chin.

12/17/12 2:56 AM
KZTT_W85
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice Phone Post
12/17/12 3:02 AM
RacingRacingRacing

Wow, thanks very much lads!

I noticed in sparring that almost all the lads were very much concentrating on protecting their faces and the coaches had told us that body shots wouldn't be scored unless they really hurt the guy, so I anticipated that most wouldn't worry too much about covering the body and thought it would be a good idea to work the body early and try and lower his hands for some overhands/uppercuts later in the fight, it just happened much faster than I thought it would.

It was a unique feeling. I now understand why fighters put themselves through hell in training in the hope of getting that feeling.
12/17/12 4:45 AM
Tat2tillidie
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RacingRacingRacing - Thanks, lads. I'm a long-time fight fan, have been to a few UFC's, Muay Thai nights etc, but being naturally non-confrontational it took me a long time to get my head around having a go myself. I trained hard and it's nice when it works out.
Sweet walk off KO Phone Post
12/17/12 8:55 AM
7titofan7

That was awesome! Good stuff Phone Post
12/17/12 9:25 AM
spliff
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice ko dude but did that other guy even train? his technique was terrible

12/17/12 10:28 AM
seabass rutten
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice one lad! Phone Post
12/17/12 4:21 PM
RacingRacingRacing

Spliff,
He had as much training as I had. We're both beginners.
12/17/12 7:49 PM
pattitude
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice head movement and then - Bang! - right on the button!

I also liked how you immediately went to a neutral corner after the knockdown without even being asked - a true sportsman.

Congratulations on a good fight. Well done, sir!
12/17/12 8:08 PM
ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice KO mate! Phone Post
12/17/12 8:15 PM
Attdude
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very nice!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.