UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks: GSP scared, wants me to lose

12/16/12 2:12 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

MMAFighting.com asked Hendricks how the UFC convinced him to take the fight, and the welterweight contender, who initially threatened to wait on the sidelines until he was granted a title shot, jokingly wrote via text message, "They made me I guess lol."

He went on to say that his manager dealt with the UFC in putting the fight together and that his mindset going into the welterweight bout is clear and focused.

"(I) just have to win and GSP has nowhere to hide from me.

"Man, he's scared. That's why he wants me to keep fighting because maybe I'll lose and then he won't have to retire (before fighting me)."

read entire article...

12/16/12 2:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's sad he has to try to talk his way into a fight he earned by beating and knocking out the top guys in his division Phone Post
12/16/12 2:17 PM
newjack900
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No offense to Hendricks he's a great fighter and will probably give GSP a tough challenge.. but he's got 2 split decision wins in his last 4.. Beat Ellenberger and then you have a title shot. I guess all this talk will help hype the fight more and get his name out there more.. but all he needs to do is take care of business and he will be fighting for a title a few months after.
12/16/12 2:18 PM
indianrob
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks is taking the Chael approach to trash talking his way in to a title shot.
12/16/12 2:19 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whether you want the Diaz fight or not you can't blame Hendricks for taking this approach.
12/16/12 2:22 PM
HenryO

indianrob - Hendricks is taking the Chael approach to trash talking his way in to a title shot.

Everyone is taking that approach now. The only way to get a title shot these days in ZUFFA is to talk shit
12/16/12 2:23 PM
SoupCan
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think his manager needs to sit him down and just tell him hey, it's shitty but this is the way the cards have landed....

I laughed and really became a fan in his post fight presser, no BS just a straight forward funny guy. This Chael approach is played out and I think he's going to lose what he had going for him by acting this way Phone Post
12/16/12 2:29 PM
ChaosOverkill
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/16/12 2:29 PM

"DUH, NICK CALLED HIM SCARED, SO I WILL TOO AND I WILL GET HIM TO CHANGE HIS MIND DDUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH"

Klownoh

I really don't think he has anything for GSP imo he lost a close fight to Kos. GSP would run through him Hendrix will always have a punchers chance though Phone Post
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HAHA Phone Post
12/16/12 2:31 PM
ChaosOverkill
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah if theres one thing GSP has proven time and time again it's that he's always ducking guys, like remember when he ducked..... uhh

12/16/12 2:33 PM
crazyea
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What an idiot. Honestly a title holder cant defend against everyone at the same time. These buffoons calling them out should show more respect than this. Really the UFC is becoming a circus.

Other than to Matt Hughes that one time, GSP has pretty much always been respectful. Even when he isn't. If that makes any sense at all. Phone Post
12/16/12 2:36 PM
majikman
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Hendricks. Seems like an awesome guy. It must be very dissappointing to know that you deserve the title shot now but have to wait a significant amount of time to get it. I can definitely see where he is coming from
12/16/12 2:39 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom -  Lol okay.. Gsp is taking the more dangerous fight yet he's scared. Phone Post

lol no. a guy who eats shots to give shots, no one punch ko power and will be taken down at will is not tougher than Hendricks
12/16/12 2:40 PM
KingOfFighters

So hendricks is a fan favorite, as soon as he starts mouthing a fighter with the largest female/homosexual fan base in mma, the whole ug dislikes him?

Hope hendricks fucks him up.
12/16/12 2:40 PM
CLINTK9
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the more he talks, the LESS I want to see him get a title shot!

just keep taking names, THATS what makes me want to see you get a title shot.
12/16/12 2:42 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chalkandcheese - Don't forget GSP had to beg for his title shot when Hughes was the UFC posterboy.

And guys like Jon Jones and GSP don't understand that when it is someone else
12/16/12 2:43 PM
ChaosOverkill

KingOfFighters - So hendricks is a fan favorite, as soon as he starts mouthing a fighter with the largest female/homosexual fan base in mma, the whole ug dislikes him?

Hope hendricks fucks him up.

Yes yes you hate GSP, we get it.

12/16/12 2:45 PM
Pancake Syrup

Nick Diaz talks shit UG says give him a title shot

Johny Hendricks talks shit and makes a legit case for the title UG says quit crying

12/16/12 2:46 PM
epwar
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  It's sad he has to try to talk his way into a fight he earned by beating and knocking out the top guys in his division Phone Post

This.

12/16/12 2:48 PM
smellslikefishtasteslikechicken

HenryO -
indianrob - Hendricks is taking the Chael approach to trash talking his way in to a title shot.

Everyone is taking that approach now. The only way to get a title shot these days in ZUFFA is to talk shit
Zuffa is becoming wwe Phone Post
12/16/12 2:49 PM
BrianStannFan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/16/12 2:50 PM
MrVivian

CLINTK9 - the more he talks, the LESS I want to see him get a title shot!

just keep taking names, THATS what makes me want to see you get a title shot.

Agreed.
12/16/12 2:50 PM
ChaosOverkill

Pancake Syrup - Nick Diaz talks shit UG says give him a title shot

Johny Hendricks talks shit and makes a legit case for the title UG says quit crying

I don't think he deserves it whatsoever but if GSP wants to hurt him, he's earned the right.

Hendricks saying that GSP should just fight the next contender and STFU is nonsense when he's done exactly that for years now. He got injured and if he hadn't this would already be settled, Hendricks is acting like he's Hendo's age and has a timer running out.

12/16/12 2:51 PM
CLINTK9
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup - Nick Diaz talks shit UG says give him a title shot

UG said give him a shot due to his exciting style and going 10-0 in SF and being the SF champ when it meant something.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.