UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP thanks Benson for Diaz-beating blueprint

12/17/12 1:47 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
927 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre fights former Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz, and was apparently taking notes as Benson Henderson dominated younger brother Nate Diaz at the UFC on Fox 5, Sat., Dec. 8.

“That funny you asked that question," said St-Pierre. "Because I watched very carefully your fight against Nate Diaz. I’m going to try to use some of the stuff you have done in the fight to win over Nick Diaz, as well.

"I’m going to learn from what you did and try to apply it in my game plan. Thanks for showing me the blueprint!”

Read entire article...

12/17/12 1:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sgotwalks
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greatness appreciating Greatness. Nice!

12/17/12 1:55 PM
6ULDV8
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look at GSP all nice guy smack talking like a boss.

It has begun.  I thought I was excited for Chael/Bones TUF, but I'm even more excited for this and am still crossing my fingers they fight.

12/17/12 1:56 PM
ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He didn't know the gameplan for beating Diaz already?

Leg kicks and wrestling plus don't put your back against the fence equals Unanimous Decision victory. Phone Post
12/17/12 1:58 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doctor NPD - Blueprint(s) for beating Diaz:

1. Kick
2. Wrestle
Pretty much. Maybe GSP will punch Nick's thigh now Phone Post
12/17/12 1:58 PM
JOESONDO
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hoping he picks up Henderson's GNP. Benson throws ground bombs. Phone Post
12/17/12 1:59 PM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't remember the last time GSP seemed this excited about fighting someone. Most guys he's respectful toward and rarely does he ever talk about wanting to really kick their ass. Phone Post
12/17/12 2:02 PM
ranier wolfcastle
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well now nick knows

not smart for gsp to announce it publicly

12/17/12 2:03 PM
DangerZone
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's gonna need a lot of toothpicks Phone Post
12/17/12 2:03 PM
Morgz
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to think Nick is training tons of TD defense -- but it's hard to bring anyone in that can replicate what GSP does in that respect.

Nick has never seemed to be one for checking leg kicks, but also seems to not really bother him that much either.  

12/17/12 2:04 PM
disbeliever
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
ranier wolfcastle - 

well now nick knows

12/17/12 2:05 PM
JOESONDO

disbeliever -
ranier wolfcastle - 

well now nick knows

What's the other hal? Phone Post
12/17/12 2:05 PM
JOESONDO

Half Phone Post
12/17/12 2:06 PM
ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle - 

well now nick knows

What is Nick going to do? Train his TD Defense?

I apologize in advance to any Diaz fans out there but it will not help. I'm not even a fan of GSP but I am very confident when I say I don't see any way that Diaz can win this fight...

12/17/12 2:07 PM
disbeliever
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick is fantastic on his back. He, IMO, needs to just accept that he won't stop GSP's take downs and focus on punishing him every time he tries a take down. No one GSP has fought recently made him fear trying for a take down. He took them whenever he pleased.

BJ spent the first 2 rounds hopping around on one leg defending, but not punishing. Nick needs to land on GSP coming in, or land on GSP trying to take him down, and work to land in an good position for BJJ. If Nick tries to Box with GSP, he will just get taken down at will and beat up.

If Nick can land 1 or 2 good punches as GSP either is coming in, or taking down, it will discourage GSP from shooting at will and give Nick a chance on the feet.

I see this as TKO GSP 4th round though.
12/17/12 2:08 PM
disbeliever

JOESONDO - 
disbeliever -
ranier wolfcastle - 

well now nick knows

The show never covered that!
12/17/12 2:14 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -

well now nick knows

Everyone knows already. Even I knew before GSP said this. It won't matter. Phone Post
12/17/12 2:26 PM
AndersonGOAT > Bisping
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam -  He didn't know the gameplan for beating Diaz already?

Leg kicks and wrestling plus don't put your back against the fence equals Unanimous Decision victory. Phone Post

Is that you Fraser? lol

12/17/12 2:27 PM
6ULDV8

JOESONDO - 
disbeliever -
ranier wolfcastle - 

well now nick knows

12/17/12 2:27 PM
6ULDV8

Hope that clears it up.

12/17/12 2:36 PM
bdunning
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love watching Nick fight but the blueprint for beating him has been known forever. There's a reason why he hasn't fought a wrestler in years.

GSP will take him down at will and control the fight.
12/17/12 2:37 PM
MattyECB
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle - 

well now nick knows

He just means it's nice to see it in action. Not like Nick didn't know his lead foot in boxing would be susceptible to GSP's riddum, Henderson even threw a superman punch low kick combo a bunch of times like GSP loves to do and used to pick apart Kos

What's so amazing with Bendo is how he integrated it all, it was like half GSP-BJ where he used to clinch to stop any close range boxing and immediately left clinches with hard elbows. Then when Diaz was more tired and falling to the ground he used brutal GnP

But also some good Kos style where he used leg kicks and really distant lunging jabs to keep Kos off balance until a nice Hook opening showed up.

Pretty similar overall, just a wonderful meshing of everything. Stand up to keep off balance and clinching and GnP to tired and rough up, only really risk opening up the stand up until the end when the guys tired
12/17/12 2:39 PM
MattyECB
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Doctor NPD - Blueprint(s) for beating Diaz:

1. Kick
2. Wrestle
Pretty much. Maybe GSP will punch Nick's thigh now Phone Post

Except wrestling can mean alot of things. Very few people can combine outside striking and leg kicks with a really effective dirty boxing and clinch combo.

Not to mention he's hardly a Fitch fighter where he only drags down from the clinch or Sonnen who power-doubles

(although Sonnen did a great job not doing this and setting up with boxing the first AS fight)
12/17/12 2:41 PM
Porkchop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam -  He didn't know the gameplan for beating Diaz already?

this plus headkicks and body kicks, good in and out movement and heavy pressure on the ground.
12/17/12 2:41 PM
MattyECB

Not to mention Bendo handled the psychological game so well. He didn't just ignore Diaz' trash talking, he totally reverse mind-fucked him lol

Like the thigh punches while Diaz was down certainly hurt him, but thigh punching while Diaz stood up was just a taunt.

So many of my friends didn't remember this, but at least twice he followed up like three or four stupid thigh punches with a sweet ass super man punch. Diaz looks at his thigh and is like, you fucking idiot, then next thing he knows Bendo is leaping across the ring lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.