UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mayweather Comments on the Pacquiao Fight

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/17/12 5:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ScottLean
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty self explanatory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdlkaUDPa90
12/17/12 5:57 PM
Erik Tracey
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub'd Phone Post
12/17/12 6:11 PM
soliak
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/17/12 6:12 PM
lildragonof
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

L8r Phone Post
12/17/12 6:15 PM
in_different
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's probably hurting from all that money he left behind. not to mention the fact that , stylistically, he was always going to beat up paquiao and cement his legacy.

either way though, props to Mayweather for a classier response than anyone expected
12/17/12 6:19 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 12/17/12 6:20 PM

I thought the response was more of the same. He just said I'm not going to take the chance. He's telling Pac to take all of this time to hang out withe family and even take other fights ('rejuvenate himself'). He's saying that his legacy is already complete and doesn't need Pac at this point.

It's just bullshit. Can't believe I was ever a fan of this dude.

12/17/12 6:36 PM
ChicagoTom
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ATFQ! Phone Post
12/17/12 11:19 PM
Silverball
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/17/12 11:33 PM

The Mayweather vs Pac ship's sailed. Unless Mayweather is flatlined in one of his upcoming fights, then he'll most likely go down as being the better boxer of the two. He'll also be remembered for cockblocking what should've been a superfight on par with the first Sugar Ray vs Hearns fight.

12/17/12 11:32 PM
SuMBJJ

People hate on Mayweather and Pac for not fighting. These guys fight for money. Each made $40-50 mil per fight. Say they fight each other.... they bank $65 mil each. Whichever one loses makes considerably less than $40 mil in their next fight unless they get a rematch in which they're going to take the lesser purse (this is if the other fighter even grants a rematch).

Boxing is just set up with no incentive to fight the best. Phone Post
12/17/12 11:36 PM
mijo

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  At the end of the day Marquez fought PAC without any special requests so if Floyd thinks he's the best then he shouldn't be scared to do the same Phone Post

Bingo
12/17/12 11:44 PM
rockafella

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  At the end of the day Marquez fought PAC without any special requests so if Floyd thinks he's the best then he shouldn't be scared to do the same Phone Post

So "PAC" never had any "special" requests. You obviously are ignorant to the the topic and should probably save face and zip it. Sorry to be harsh but really do a little research.
12/18/12 12:15 AM
Haulport
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

I thought the response was more of the same. He just said I'm not going to take the chance. He's telling Pac to take all of this time to hang out withe family and even take other fights ('rejuvenate himself'). He's saying that his legacy is already complete and doesn't need Pac at this point.

It's just bullshit. Can't believe I was ever a fan of this dude.

He doesn't want to fight him even after he watched he get destroyed. It is PATHETIC. Guys like this will NEVER be all time greats because, unlike the REAL all timers, they duck their biggest challengers...

12/18/12 12:21 AM
HenryO

rockafella - 

So "PAC" never had any "special" requests. You obviously are ignorant to the the topic and should probably save face and zip it. Sorry to be harsh but really do a little research.

You brought sense, clearly a lot of people in this thread dont know what they are talking about. But it's dumb to get in that argument know anyway
12/18/12 12:27 AM
manzuri
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post
12/18/12 12:28 AM
darkness66
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manny was never a threat to Floyd. I've always been a manny fan but Floyd would destroy him. I think Floyd had always known a lot about mannys "training methods" which is why he's always had special requests.
Some people think that manny list his edge after he became religious and I tend to agree. Phone Post
12/18/12 12:34 AM
HenryO

I dont think Haulport knows much about boxing
12/18/12 12:45 AM
rockafella

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - 
rockafella - 

What were Manny's special requests that prevented the fight from happening?

There was a counter to every offer with a different stipulation by both parties. Shit has been going on for years. Ignorant "PAC" fans tend to gravitate to the drug testing request. Basically they were both acting the fool but PBF gave it up a fair while ago but "PAC" has still been making demands and refusals. Mayweather is not the reason this fight never happened but its cooler if he was.
12/18/12 1:11 AM
KingOfFighters

Silverball - 
The Mayweather vs Pac ship's sailed. Unless Mayweather is flatlined in one of his upcoming fights, then he'll most likely go down as being the better boxer of the two. He'll also be remembered for cockblocking what should've been a superfight on par with the first Sugar Ray vs Hearns fight.

How does manny ducking a drug test, make floyd a cock blocker? I never understood this stupid argument.

Manny is the roiding tucker, not floyd.
12/18/12 1:29 AM
AyyAnt
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch -
rockafella - 
Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - 
rockafella - 

There was a counter to every offer with a different stipulation by both parties. Shit has been going on for years. Ignorant "PAC" fans tend to gravitate to the drug testing request. Basically they were both acting the fool but PBF gave it up a fair while ago but "PAC" has still been making demands and refusals. Mayweather is not the reason this fight never happened but its cooler if he was.

The only request I remember Manny ever making was a 50/50 spit in the purse.

Which seemed perfectly reasonable to me.

From my understanding Manny did not want any testing to be done within two weeks of the fight. He said getting blood drawn too close to a fight would affect his performance. Floyd wasnt buying it. Phone Post
12/18/12 1:49 AM
AyyAnt
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch -
AyyAnt - 
Billy Joe Rottoncrotch -
rockafella - 
Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - 
rockafella - 

From my understanding Manny did not want any testing to be done within two weeks of the fight. He said getting blood drawn too close to a fight would affect his performance. Floyd wasnt buying it. Phone Post

I don't think blood testing is part of the normal NSAC protocol is it?

I could be wrong.
In olympic style testing it is and i believe that is the type of testing mayweather advocates so much as it is the most effective. Phone Post
12/18/12 2:32 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bob Arum is the reason Floyd vs Pac never happened Phone Post
12/18/12 8:14 AM
Chomas
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fighter, awful awful interviewee. Phone Post
12/18/12 9:00 AM
Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AyyAnt -
Billy Joe Rottoncrotch -
rockafella - 
Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - 
rockafella - 

He later flip flopped and said he WOULD do the testing and then decided Floyd wanted like 60 40 split too ... Phone Post
12/18/12 9:02 AM
Skpotamus
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pac agreed to oly testing but wanted the Olympic commission to handle it instead of the USADA. He even agreed to a 45-55 split in favor of Mayweather. He caved in on all the demands mayweather shelled out and still Mayweather wouldn't sign the contract.

The fight hasn't happened because Mayweather wasn't sure if he could beat Pac.
12/18/12 10:44 AM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockafella - 

I followed this pretty closely and i would love to be enlightended on manny's special requests? and do not say he countered BS....

Yes he countered but it had to do with mayduckers olympic testing BS...THIS IS NOT USED IN BOXING BY ANYONE AND FLOYD IS TRYING TO CHANGE THE SPORT....FIGHT WITHIN THE EXISTING RULES.

which manny was willing to do.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.