UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> Guard Pass?

12/17/12 10:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Carnage425
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you pass the guard when they are partly on their side and have their shin across your stomach? Thanks
12/24/12 1:58 AM
baby-silverback
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smash whif de pressah....

Just kidding, are you playing a low & heavy, smash pass? Or, are you up & more movement oriented? Phone Post
12/25/12 9:48 PM
Hargreaves
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cradle passes are good to stop the shin across belly after the cradle you can move into arm in guillotines,5 finger guillotines ,sidecontrol,or mount Bj penn style/dope mount.

Caio has a section on this on his rolled up episode on budo videos.com or youtube

or just pay $5 to go on the 10th planet site sure they have options

12/28/12 1:25 AM
ausgepicht

When they are using "scissors guard"/trying to scissors sweep or when they are using the quarter guard.....like a half guard with their knee on your hip?

12/28/12 2:51 PM
allchokedup
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like to put my chest on to their hips and smash the legs together. Reach up with my hand on their back to keep them from shrimping out from under me.use my other hand to reach down and control their top leg all while putting pressure on their hips from the side. From here it just depends. Sometimes a knee in the butt and get to mount sometimes go other side to side control
1/4/13 8:01 PM
CHS
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Push them off..... Rookie Phone Post
1/9/13 7:03 PM
xpat
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/13/13 8:51 AM
I would say a no-gi version of this pass would be a good option

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPgQ5Uxs2Hk&list=UUhNu047F3KYKtHeJ6QLqjfw&index=30
2/18/13 9:01 PM
apollo

hug the hips and SPAWL!!!!!!
3/6/13 12:06 PM
gusto

it is really hard if they have grips and are good from that position, so dont feel like an asshole if you are struggling.

most basic thing is to smash their knees together, but good luck doing that pass to someone good in that spot
3/10/13 3:38 PM
X_Rated
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grab the toes of the leg across your body and the knee.. Then turn their leg like a steering wheel to either open it up or collapse it while stapling their bottom leg with your leg (slide your shin across it)

Jason scilly has a good video about this Phone Post
3/10/13 4:17 PM
gusto

this is what i do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqgC9BHoTOg

i always try to find the simplest thing and this is so easy and has worked for me

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.