UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miller: I can beat anyone in the division

12/18/12 12:03 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

12/18/12 12:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Damaynevent
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he could beat Benson Henderson a 2nd time around, but I don't see him getting pass Gray Maynard or Nate Diaz to get a shot at the title. Both guys are bad stylistic match ups for him.

I really like Jim, would love to see him fight for a title one day.
12/18/12 12:13 AM
Motivated Penn
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/18/12 12:13 AM
Damaynevent - I think he could beat Benson Henderson a 2nd time around, but I don't see him getting pass Gray Maynard or Nate Diaz to get a shot at the title. Both guys are bad stylistic match ups for him.

I like Jim Miller, and it was a while ago, but didn't the Ben Henderson fight look like a complete mismatch? Ben dominated completely, IIRC.

What makes you think Jim has any chance now?

12/18/12 12:15 AM
TheFlyingGentlemen

Damaynevent - I think he could beat Benson Henderson a 2nd time around, but I don't see him getting pass Gray Maynard or Nate Diaz to get a shot at the title. Both guys are bad stylistic match ups for him.

What in their first fight. Gave you the idea he could win a rematch against Bendo?. Phone Post
12/18/12 12:19 AM
Motivated Penn
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude, you totally stole my post, and it's making me super mad for reals.
12/18/12 12:22 AM
TheFlyingGentlemen

Motivated Penn - Dude, you totally stole my post, and it's making me super mad for reals.
I posted it around the same time you did. Sorry about that Phone Post
12/18/12 12:23 AM
Motivated Penn

Yeah I was totally just kidding :D
12/18/12 12:24 AM
UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG!
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like his confidence. War Miller! Phone Post
12/18/12 12:28 AM
Motivated Penn

Seems appropriate.

12/18/12 12:37 AM
EvilGumby
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I can beat anyone in the division" says the guy who got beat by the last two guys in the division he fought.

Really? Anyone?
12/18/12 12:42 AM
RoysBellyRollzz
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sauna via whatever it wants
12/18/12 12:47 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of you don't seem to know the difference between "can" and "did"

Miller is confident in himself and thinks he can win rematches/win other match ups. He's not saying he won the fights originally, despite some of you somehow hearing it that way...

After GSP lost to Serra, if he had said "I believe I can beat anyone in the division" would you idiots have been like "LOLOLOL NO YOU LOST YOUR LAST FIGHT!"? Phone Post
12/18/12 12:50 AM
UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG!
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvilGumby - "I can beat anyone in the division" says the guy who got beat by the last two guys in the division he fought.

Really? Anyone?
lol I expected some dummies to come in here and say this. What do you think he should say? That he can't beat anyone and he should just leave the division? Phone Post
12/18/12 12:54 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

No, you cant Phone Post
12/18/12 12:59 AM
Shroom
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR MayheM Miller!
12/18/12 1:00 AM
Damaynevent

TheFlyingGentlemen - 
Damaynevent - I think he could beat Benson Henderson a 2nd time around, but I don't see him getting pass Gray Maynard or Nate Diaz to get a shot at the title. Both guys are bad stylistic match ups for him.

What in their first fight. Gave you the idea he could win a rematch against Bendo?. Phone Post

I just think he might fight smarter this time around and get the better of Bendo during the stand up. I know it's a slim chance, but I'm a fan of Miller so a guy can hope right?
12/18/12 1:04 AM
HenryO

I think he's got good skills but may never get to true top level. With his place in the division he's probably going to get alot of high risk low reward fights now too
12/18/12 1:04 AM
Hocky Balboa
8450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Motivated Penn - 

Seems appropriate.

12/18/12 1:13 AM
jhovanp
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't he go into the bendo fight with mono and a kidney infection? Phone Post
12/18/12 1:44 AM
Brian McLaughlin
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ -  Some of you don't seem to know the difference between "can" and "did"

Miller is confident in himself and thinks he can win rematches/win other match ups. He's not saying he won the fights originally, despite some of you somehow hearing it that way...

After GSP lost to Serra, if he had said "I believe I can beat anyone in the division" would you idiots have been like "LOLOLOL NO YOU LOST YOUR LAST FIGHT!"? Phone Post

Someone finally gets it - he has faith in himself and his abilities. IMO, Jim is capable of submitting anyone on any given night. 

Also, Jim NEVER wanted it released thathe had mono because he didn't want it seen as an excuse. Guys at the gym knew because a few guys came down with the illness and they wanted us to be aware and get ourselves checked out.  Someone had loose lips and it leaked some time later, but it was not Jim making an excuse.

12/18/12 2:34 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvilGumby - "I can beat anyone in the division" says the guy who got beat by the last two guys in the division he fought.

Really? Anyone?
Leave it to the UG to tear a guy down for being confident. Phone Post
12/18/12 2:35 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Motivated Penn -
Damaynevent - I think he could beat Benson Henderson a 2nd time around, but I don't see him getting pass Gray Maynard or Nate Diaz to get a shot at the title. Both guys are bad stylistic match ups for him.

I like Jim Miller, and it was a while ago, but didn't the Ben Henderson fight look like a complete mismatch? Ben dominated completely, IIRC.

What makes you think Jim has any chance now?

Yeah Benson beat him just as bad as Nate did. If it were a 5 round fight I think we probably would have seen a finish Phone Post
12/18/12 4:52 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's gonna beat Lauzon. I think the only guys he can't beat are Nate, Cerrone, Gray and Bendo Phone Post
12/18/12 1:05 PM
EvilGumby
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Really? Anyone?
Leave it to the UG to tear a guy down for being confident. Phone Post

More that it's not a good choice of sound bites to give when you're coming off a couple of recent losses where you got absolutely wrecked.
12/30/12 10:17 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

TTT for Jim Miller!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.